Ahri - The Nine-Tailed Fox
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|Release Date:||December 14th, 2011|
|HP Regen:||6.5 (+0.6)|
|Mana Regen:||6 (+0.8)|
|Attack Damage:||53 (+3)|
|Attack Speed:||0.668 (+2%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+0)|
Ahri, the 9 Tails Fox is a mobile ranged AP carry who utilizes skill shots and dashes to assassinate enemies with high bursts of damage. Ahri's gameplay centres around her ultimate, Spirit Rush, which provides her with massive reach, enabling Ahri to dash in and out of battle, pouncing on priority targets at the most opportune moments. She is typically found as a solo mid carry, benefits greatly from the Ancient Golem buff, and persists as a strong threat to enemy carries throughout the game. She was released as a celebration of Korea, as the Nine-Tailed Fox, "Kumiho (구미호) is apparent in Korean legends and tales.
|Lore:||Unlike other foxes that roamed the woods of southern Ionia, Ahri had always felt a strange connection to the magical world around her; a connection that was somehow incomplete. Deep inside, she felt the skin she had been born into was an ill fit for her and dreamt of one day becoming human. Her goal seemed forever out of reach, until she happened upon the wake of a human battle. It was a grisly scene, the land obscured by the forms of wounded and dying soldiers. She felt drawn to one: a robed man encircled by a waning field of magic whose life was quickly slipping away. She approached him and something deep inside of her triggered, reaching out to the man in a way she couldn't understand. His life essence poured into her, carried on invisible strands of magic. The sensation was intoxicating and overwhelming. As her reverie faded, she was delighted to discover that she had changed. Her sleek white fur had receded and her body was long and lithe - the shape of the humans who lay scattered about her.
However, though she appeared human, she knew that in truth the transformation was incomplete. A cunning creature, she adapted herself to the customs of human society and used her profound gift of beauty to attract unsuspecting men. She could consume their life essences when they were under the spell of her seductive charms. Feeding on their desires brought her closer to her dream, but as she took more lives, a strange sense of regret began to well within her. She had reservations about actions which never troubled her as a fox. She realized that she could not overcome the pangs of her evolving morality. In search of a solution, Ahri found the Institute of War, home of the most gifted mages on Runeterra. They offered her a chance to attain her humanity without further harm through service in the League of Legends.
| "Mercy is a human luxury... and responsibility."
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|2015 World Championship||0||5||3||2||60||4.1|
|IEM Season IX World Championship||3||4||2||2||50||36.8|
|IEM Season IX - Cologne||2||3||1||2||33.3||21.4|
|2014 World Championship||1||12||5||7||41.7||16.7|
|2014 Season China Regional Finals||0||6||4||2||66.7||40|
|2014 NA LCS Summer Playoffs||0||1||0||1||0||3.4|
|2014 Season Korea Regional Finals||0||4||3||1||75||30.8|
|2014 LPL Summer Playoffs||0||3||1||2||33.3||13.6|
- TAIL WHIP: Ahri’s tails now move realistically on her base and all skins!
Charm no longer stops dashes in their tracks.
Ahri's been strong for a long time, and it's not hard to see why. Her mobility, damage, and pick potential are all on the high end, playing a crucial role in her effectiveness. When assessing what areas to adjust, Charm stuck out as an area of inconsistency. While displacements (knockups and knockbacks) have always stopped movement abilities, stuns, fears and taunts do not. Charm was alone in this, and while having unique CC is definitely neat (both from a thematic and strategic perspective), it’s the fact that it’s on Ahri’s kit that we get into issues. Specifically, Ahri's intended to be a champion that uses superior damage and mobility to navigate deadly situations if she wants to emerge the victor. Instead, Ahri also happens to have the best in (and out of) class stopping power that negate some of her biggest predators with no real recourse.
Patch Notes 5.8
Never trust nine-tails and a smile.
- IRRESISTIBLE: Charm no longer interrupts 'Unstoppable' effects (such as Malphite's R - Unstoppable Force, Hecarim's R - Onslaught of Shadows and Vi's R - Assault and Battery)
- SPLASH Ahri has received a new base splash!
Patch Notes 4.12
Q does a little more damage and costs less mana. "Ahri's a cool fox gal that we'd like to see more of, but she's currently sitting just below the top-tier mid picks. That said, we don't think she needs too many buffs to keep up, so we focused on her ability to push the wave more efficiently so she can find more opportunities to roam."
Patch Notes v3.15
"Ahri's very early laning experience can be unforgiving if she falls behind. These changes are to give her more breathing room before her first shopping trip or blue buff."
- Base mana increased to 250 (from 230)
- Base mana regeneration increased to 7 per 5 seconds (from 6.25 per 5 seconds)
Patch Notes 3.13
Summary: Charm has had its mana cost changed to a flat amount at all levels but now increases the magic damage Ahri deals to a Charmed target. Essence Theft now heals her for a specific amount based on the number of enemies she hits with her passive-enhanced spell, as opposed to getting straight spell vamp. Fox Fire now deals less damage when multiple wisps hit the same target. Spirit Rush's base damage and AP ratios have been slightly reduced. Context: Ahri is a champion with a lot of strengths and few weaknesses, given her high versatility and reliability, so she can consistently apply a lot of pressure on her opponents from relative safety. Ahri’s strengths should be better defined than they currently are. These changes give Ahri players (and her opponents) clear areas of mastery that differentiate the good Ahris from the great Ahris. Our core focuses are:
- Make Ahri’s default lane patterns more clear, so both Ahri and her opponents can make plays around them.
- Make Ahri’s “all-in” gameplay more closely tied with landing Charm to establish Charm as Ahri’s “kiss of death” that needs to be avoided, as well as lower her threat/presence while Charm is on cooldown.
- Keep Ahri’s core gameplay intact while trimming away strength from the low-gameplay patterns that don’t feel rewarding.
- Essence Theft
- Now heals Ahri for 2 (+1 per champion level) (+0.09 Ability Power) each time her passive-enhanced spells hit an enemy (previously 35% Spell Vamp)
- Mana cost reduced to 50 (from 60)
- Diminishing returns effect on same-target hits increased to 70% (from 50%) (best case is now 100% + 30% + 30%)
- This reduces the same-target damage to 64/104/144/184/224 (+0.64 Ability Power) (from 80/130/180/230/280 (+0.8 Ability Power))
- Fixed a bug that caused Fox-Fire to sometimes deal reduced damage to a target that should receive the standard damage amount
- Now increases the magic damage Ahri deals to the target by 20% for 6 seconds
- Mana cost changed to 85 (from 50/65/80/95/110)
- Spirit Rush
- Base damage reduced to 70/110/150 (+0.3 Ability Power) (from 85/125/165 (+0.35 Ability Power))
- This reduces the max damage per target to 210/330/450 (+0.9 Ability Power) (from 255/375/495 (+1.05 Ability Power))
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Essence Theft will no longer occasionally allow Ahri to spell vamp off more than one spell
- Spirit Rush's damage now matches the tooltip
- Updated tooltips
- Damage reduced at later ranks to 40 / 65 / 90 / 115 / 140 form 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160
- Ability power ratio increased to 0.4 from 0.375
- Spirit Rush
- Damage reduced to 85 / 125 / 165 from 100 / 140 / 180
- Ability power ratio increased to 0.35 from 0.3
- Spirit Rush
- The allied ultimate HUD indicator will now remain green until all 3 spell casts are used
- Cooldown between casts increased to 1 second from 0.75
- Cooldown increased to 110 / 95 / 80 seconds from 90 / 80 / 70
- Orb of Deception mana cost increased to 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 from 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80
- Spirit Rush cooldown increased to 90 / 80 / 70 seconds from 80 / 70 / 60