Aurelion Sol - The Star Forger
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|Release:||March 24th, 2016|
|HP Regen:||6.5 (+0.6)|
|Mana Regen:||6 (+0.8)|
|Attack Damage:||57 (+3.2)|
|Attack Speed:||0.625 (+1.01%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+0.5)|
Aurelion Sol, the Star Forger is a mage. He is played in mid lane as a sustained AP damage dealer.
|Lore:||Aurelion Sol once graced the vast emptiness of the cosmos with celestial wonders of his own devising. Now, he is forced to wield his awesome power at the behest of a space-faring empire that tricked him into servitude. Desiring a return to his star-forging ways, Aurelion Sol will drag the very stars from the sky, if he must, in order to regain his freedom.
The appearance of a comet often portends a period of upheaval and unrest. Under the auspices of such fiery harbingers, it is said that new empires rise, old civilizations fall, and even the stars themselves may tumble from the sky. These theories merely scratch the surface of a far more bizarre truth: that the comet’s radiance cloaks a cosmic being of unfathomable power.
| "Cower. Worship. Marvel. They are all appropriate responses."
- Aurelion Sol, the Star Forger
With Aegis of the Legion's old aura out of the game, squishy champions who were relying on it to give them enough magic resist find themselves a bit on the burstable side.
- HOORAY: Champions who previously gained no magic resist per level now gain 0.5 per level
- AFFECTED CHAMPIONS: Ahri, Anivia, Annie, Ashe, Aurelion Sol, Azir, Bard, Brand, Caitlyn, Cassiopeia, Corki, Draven, Elise, Ezreal, Fiddlesticks, Gnar, Graves, Heimerdinger, Janna, Jayce, Jhin, Jinx, Kalista, Karma, Karthus, Kassadin, Kayle, Kennen, Kindred, Kog’Maw, LeBlanc, Lissandra, Lucian, Lulu, Lux, Malzahar, Miss Fortune, Morgana, Nami, Nidalee, Orianna, Quinn, Rakan, Ryze, Sivir, Sona, Soraka, Swain, Syndra, Taliyah, Teemo, Thresh, Tristana, Twisted Fate, Twitch, Urgot, Varus, Vayne, Veigar, Vel’Koz, Viktor, Vladimir, Xayah, Xerath, Yasuo, Ziggs, Zilean, Zyra
Passive damage up, W damage down. W’s cost adjusted. E no longer requires build-up to cast.
Aurelion Sol is a sassy dragon who favors extended fights where he can pummel enemies with his stars. The catch is that, as an innately-squishy champ, Aurelion has to survive those encounters himself. Investing in defenses is the obvious solution to the problem, but comes at the tradeoff of deferring more damage-focused purchases. As it turns out, Aurelion doesn't need ability power to be a mid-game threat due to how much base damage he gets from Celestial Expansion rank-ups.
That said, Aurelion’s damage ends up in a reasonable spot once his build is balanced out in the late-game with a mix of offense and defense, and we don’t want to take that away. So, instead of a straight-up nerf, we’re moving base values around to smooth Aurelion’s damage progression over the game. If he wants to continue to be a mid-game damage threat, he'll now need to make riskier purchases early on.On an entirely separate note, we've got a set of usability improvements for Comet of Legend. Removing Escape Velocity as a requirement to press E is a straight-up buff, but there are a few quality-of-life improvements bundled in as well. Fly high, Aurelion Sol.
20-97 (at levels 1-18)⇒ 20-130 (at levels 1-18)
- BONUS DAMAGE:
40 + 16/22/28/34/40 mana per second⇒ 40 + 22/24/26/28/30 mana per second
- ESCAPE VELOCITY: Aurelion Sol may now cast Comet of Legend any time outside of combat (goes on 5 second cooldown when taking damage)
- JUST KEEP FLYING: Comet of Legend can now only be cancelled by recasting the ability
- BLASTOFF: Aurelion now takes flight immediately, even if cast outside the cast range
- AUTOCORRECT: When cast during Comet of Legend, Starsurge now travels in the same direction as Aurelion Sol if it was cast just slightly off-angle
Visual bugfix for Aurelion’s stars.
Starsurge visually disperses when destroyed by Wind Wall or Unbreakable.
- IMPLOSION: When destroyed by Yasuo’s W - Wind Wall or Braum’s E - Unbreakable, Starsurge’s central core now visually disperses rather than instantly vanishing
- BUGFIX: Starsurge now properly stuns Braum when blocked by E - Unbreakable
W cooldown up. R damage down.
While our last changes pulled him down from the heavens, Aurelion Sol’s still kicking as our biggest over-performer. Alas, when you’re a strong laner with amazing roaming and teamfighting - something’s gotta give. For this update, we’re focusing on hitting Sol’s in-fight reliability. As-is, Aurelion holds all the cards in any given engagement due to his Celestial Expansion’s amazing flexibility, forcing opponents to march to his beat. Putting some of the counterplay back into whether or not Aurelion can safely avoid being knocked out of his empowered state, as well as draining some his raw damage output, should see the Starforger less powerful (but no less magnificent).
6/5/4/3/2 seconds⇒ 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds
Q stun duration down. R slow adjusted.
Aurelion’s just begun to take flight above the Rift, yet already we’re seeing him become a destructive force once you’re able to harness his starpower. Sol’s mastery curve is steeper than Mount Targon itself, which is understandable given his unique positioning requirements for a mage. Once you’ve appropriately adjusted though, Aurelion starts pumping out damage bigger than his ego (that is to say, things get pretty crazy). We’re pleased that Aurelion’s worth investing the time it takes to learn - we’re just adjusting the immense reward you get for doing so.
- March 3rd - VIDEO: Aurelion Sol: The Star Forger Returns by League of Legends
- October 27th - VIDEO: Stick Figure Spotlight V: Will of the Blades | League of Legends Community Collab by League of Legends
- December 23rd - VIDEO: Aurelion Sol: Cosmic Drift by LoL Community