Cho'Gath - The Terror of the Void
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|HP Regen:||8.925 (+0.85)|
|Mana Regen:||7.2 (+0.45)|
|Attack Damage:||61.1 (+4.2)|
|Attack Speed:||0.625 (+1.44%)|
|Magic Resist:||32.1 (+1.25)|
Cho'gath, The Terror of the Void is a Melee Tank who focuses on interrupting enemies while providing high true damage burst with his ultimate Feast. Due to Feast giving him a larger then normal health pool Cho'gath is naturally tanky, this coupled with the CC he is given gives him very good ability to peel enemies off his teammates, as well as catch out high priority targets. Cho'gath can be found either in the jungle due his ability to clear quickly and have exceptional ganks, or solo top where he can stay at decent health and mana levels due to passive allowing him to safely farm minions so he can become an unkillable tank later.
|Lore:||There is a place between dimensions, between worlds. To some it is known as the Outside, to others it is the Unknown. To those that truly know, however, it is called the Void. Despite its name, the Void is not an empty place, but rather the home of unspeakable things - horrors not meant for minds of men. Cho'Gath is a creature born of the Void, a thing whose true nature is so awful most will not speak its name. Its fellows have been poking at the walls that divide dimensions for a crack, a way into Runeterra, where they can visit their own personal paradise of horror upon the world. They are called the Voidborn, creatures so ancient and terrible that they have been removed from history altogether. It is rumored that the Voidborn command vast armies of unspeakable creatures on other worlds, that they were once driven from Runeterra by powerful magic lost to antiquity.
If such tales are true, then the rumors that follow must be equally true - that one day, the Voidborn will return. Even now, something dark stirs in Icathia. Cho'Gath, an alien creature of malice and violence, causes all but the most stalwart to cringe in fear. Cho'Gath even appears to feed on its predations, growing and swelling as it gorges itself. Worse yet, the creature is intelligent, perhaps greatly so, hinting at the sentient horror of the Void.
| “Your souls will feed the Void!”
- Cho'Gath, the Terror of the Vi
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|2014 Season Garena Regional Finals||0||2||1||1||50||16.7|
|2014 GPL Summer Playoffs||0||2||0||2||0||6.7|
|2014 GPL Summer Group Stage||0||1||1||0||100||1.6|
|2014 GPL Spring||0||2||1||1||50||2.2|
|IEM Season VIII - Sao Paulo||0||1||0||1||0||6.7|
R grants more health per stack and stacks an additional time from minions/small monsters.
There’s always a relearning curve after we update a champion. In Cho’Gath’s case, this was more notable: few players had been picking him before the update, so there’s more learning than relearning. That being said, we think he’s slightly on the weak side even for those players who have adjusted. He is a giant monster, so we think a bit more base tankiness from Feast should do the trick.
- BONUS HEALTH:
80/110/140 per stack⇒ 80/120/160 per stack
- MINION/SMALL MONSTER CAP:
5 stacks⇒ 6 stacks
Patch Notes 7.5
W - Feral Scream
- CONSISTENCY: Adjusted particle to match actual cone size
Feast can stack infinitely against champions and epic monsters, and stacks no longer fall off on death. Feast’s ability power ratio down; bonus health ratio added.
Cho’Gath’s been pretty weak for a while now: his last visit to the patch notes back in 6.20 made Feral Scream a fairer ability to play against, but ended up weakening Cho by removing some reliability from his kit. We’re updating Feast to boost the cool aspects of Cho’Gath’s colossal, slobbering Void monster fantasy while removing the frustration of losing stacks when killed (it was a pretty terrible experience to reverse-snowball after a death). This makes Cho less of a gamble, while making tank builds feel like a good choice.
- R - Feast
- Changes to the rules around Feast stacks.
- FOOD MEMORY: Cho’Gath no longer loses Feast stacks on death
- FEED THE VOID: Feast can now stack infinitely (only five stacks can be gained from minions and non-epic monsters, though they don’t have to be the first five)
- NOT THAT FILLING:Feast no longer heals Cho’Gath when it kills a unit at max stacks (nomming a sixth minion or non-epic monster doesn’t do anything beyond damage)
- INDISCRIMINATE DIGESTION:Feast no longer grants two stacks on champion kill or half mana and cooldown refund on minion kill
- FOOD CRITIC: Feast’s tooltip on the buff bar now tracks what Cho’s eaten
- All the other stuff.
0.7 ability power⇒ 0.5 ability power and 10% bonus health
- BONUS HEALTH PER STACK:
- BONUS HEALTH AT 6 STACKS:
- MAXIMUM ATTACK RANGE BONUS:
+50 (175 attack range)⇒ +75 (200 attack range)
- LET’S NOT GO CRAZY HERE: Cho’Gath reaches his maximum size (and bonus attack range) at 10 stacks
We’ve been on a slow crusade to fix League’s cone spells, and this patch we arrive at Cho’Gath. Up until now, Cho’Gath’s Feral Scream decided who to hit based on when W was pressed - not when Feral Scream actually fired. Fixing this bug means opponents can now Flash, dash, or blink away from Feral Scream, which is a pretty sizable hit to its reliability. Our goal isn’t to make Cho’Gath weaker, so we’re giving him more opportunities to yell at people, plus a little more range to offset the “walking away in a straight line” case. That said, more screams = more silence, so we’re giving Cho’s enemies their speaking rights back a bit sooner.
- W - Feral Scream
13 seconds⇒ 13/12/11/10/9 seconds
- SILENCE DURATION:
1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 seconds⇒ 1.5/1.625/1.75/1.875/2 seconds
- DID YOU HEAR THIS?: Fixed a bug where units would be hit if they had escaped the area after the cast.
R stacks provide more health.
Cho’Gath isn’t far below the bar, but life’s still hard for a void dinosaur-terror with lobster claws. Cho’Gath has the power to wreck an entire time given his powerful CC… or die horribly, beginning an almost never-ending game of catchup to restore the health stacks he so desperately relies on to function. We’re easing up on the build-up (especially late-game) for a voidbeast fallen on hard times.
Feast gains more stacks on champion kills and heals when he's full.
For dedicated Cho'Gath mains, Feast can be his highest high (nomming even the heartiest of meals) and his lowest low (endlessly playing catch-up on Feast stacks if he falls behind the curve). Adding extra bonuses to Feast's success case gives Cho bigger rewards for getting aggressive hungry, as well giving him the option to top off his already massive health pool once he's full.
- Feast Stacks on Champion Kill: 1 ⇒ 2
- Leftovers: Killing a minion or monster at max stacks will now heal Cho'Gath for 90/120/150 (doubled for enemy champions)
Patch Notes 4.21
"Life's hard for a Cho'gath. You want to eat your enemies, they don't want be eaten, and all it takes is one little death to set this poor little monster back. These changes should help Cho get back into the fight, but we also wanted to create bigger decisions between saving Feast for a kill or nommin' down on some creeps."
Patch Notes 4.8
Cho can eat things a little faster and from a little further away.
Patch Notes 3.15
Q – Rupture
"Rupture's slow after the knockup has always been 1.5 seconds – the tooltip was just incorrect."
- Fixed a line within the tooltip to correctly reflect the duration of the slow (the actual value is 1.5 seconds, where the tooltip previously stated 3 seconds)
- Feral Scream
- Silence duration reduced to 1.5 / 1.75 / 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 seconds from 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3
- Carnivore health restore adjusted to 60 / 95 / 130 / 165 / 200 from 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Updated tool-tips
- Magic resist per level increased to 1.25
- Attack range normalized to 125 from 130
- Cast time reduced to 0.5 seconds from 0.672
- Delay normalized to 0.625 seconds from 0.5-0.75
- Feral Scream cast time reduced to 0.5 seconds from 0.6417
- Vorpal Spikes width now increases based on Cho'Gath's size
- Now grants Cho'Gath up to 50 additional attack range, based on Feast rank and amount of stacks
- Cast time normalized to 0.5 seconds from 0.43
- Range increased to 150 from 100
- Added red/green rings to indicate which targets will be affected
- Launch delay reduced to 0.65 seconds from 0.7 seconds
- Movement Speed increased to 320 from 315
- Fixed a bug where Feast would fail to kill shielded targets
- Adjusted the animation speed of his run while he has stacks of Feast
- Fixed a bug where Cho'Gath could gain a Feast stack when the target did not die
- Feast will now correctly show a particle on an enemy target when they can be killed by it
- Reduced the chance of Rupture failing to knock up the target
- Feral Scream damage reduced to 75 / 125 / 175 / 225 / 275 from 80 / 130 / 180 / 240 / 300
- Vorpal Spikes
- Damage increased to 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 from 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60
- Ability power ratio increased to 0.3 from 0.2
- Damage reduced to 300 / 475 / 650 from 300 / 550 / 800
- Ability power ratio increased to 0.7 from 0.5
- Carnivore mana received on kill has been reduced by 50%
- Base health reduced to 520 from 550
- Base armor reduced to 19 from 21
- Feast now loses half stacks (rounded up) instead of 3 stacks on death
- Rupture delay reduced to 0.75 seconds from 0.8
- Health restored reduced to 34-68 from 40-82
- Mana restored reduced to 7-15.5 from 8-16.5
- Fixed a bug with Rupture that showed cooldown in the levelup tooltip even though the cooldown did not change
- Fixed a display error with Vorpal Spikes and death recap
- Feral Scream
- Silence duration reduced to 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3 seconds from 2 / 2.5 / 3 / 3.5 / 4
- Cooldown reduced to 13 seconds from 16
- Vorpal Spikes can now be toggled off
- Cho'Gath will now be properly considered melee for the sake of items like Youmuu's Ghostblade
- Fixed a bug at rnak 3 where Cho'Gath had difficulty feasting when he has max Feast stacks
- Fixed a bug where the Feast buff tooltip was not updating the bonus health when Cho'Gath loses stacks
- Fixed a bug where Cho'Gath was not scaling properly when he loses stacks
- Rupture now deals damage on knocking the targets into the air, rather than when they fall to the ground
- Feast now loses up to 3 stacks on death instead of all of them
- Tweaked autoattack animation timing
- No longer appears to deal excessive damage in Death Recap
- Updated the tooltip to reflect the functionality that it damages the target and if it kills them, you gain health. (Reverted to the old functionality of Feast)
- Fixed a bug where using Feast when the target had too much health caused too much damage
- Rupture Slow Duration reduced to 3 seconds from 4
- Vorpal Spikes ability power ratio reduced to 0.2 from 0.25
- Feral Scream ability power ratio reduced to 0.7 from 0.75
- Rupture cast range reduced to 950 from 1,000
- Feral Scream
- Cooldown reduced from 17 to 16
- Range increased from 615 to 650
- Range increased from 900 to 1,000
- Fixed an issue where Cho'Gath would not move close enough to the target to Feast at large sizes.
- Carnivore (Passive) now restores 8-16.5 mana when Cho'Gath kills a unit in addition to the normal health gain on kill
- Carnivore (Passive) health per kill increased from 30/72 to 40/82
- Vorpal Spikes
- Now hits your primary target
- Reduced ability power ratio from 0.33 to 0.25
- Reduced damage from 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120 to 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60
- Reduced cooldown from 70 seconds to 60
- Added a 0.5 ability power ratio
- Feast size per stack reduced from 0.09 / 0.15 / 0.18 to 0.07 / 0.11 / 0.15
- Feral Scream cooldown reduced from 20 to 17
- Increased range from 800 to 900
- Modified mana cost from 80 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 to 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120
- Vorpal Spikes
- Increased damage from 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 to 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120
- Increased ability power ratio from 0.25 to 0.33
- NEW VO
- Feast bug fixed which caused the level up tooltip to not display
- Name changed to Cho'Gath, the Terror of the Void
- Increased base size (decreased size per stack of Feast slightly)
- Rupture damage increased from 65 / 125 / 185 / 245 / 305 to 80 / 135 / 190 / 245 / 305
- Feral Scream damage increased from 60 / 120 / 180 / 240 / 300 to 80 / 130 / 180 / 240 / 300
- Vorpal Spikes range increased by 50
- Increased movement speed from 310 to 315
- Increased base damage from 50 to 56
- Increased mana per level from 35 to 40
- Increased attack range from 125 to 130
- Carnivore heal increased from 15-72 from 30-72
- Feast bug fixed cuasing the particle to display on champions incorrectly