From Leaguepedia | League of Legends Wiki
|Effects:||Removes all disables (excluding Suppression) and summoner spells debuffs affecting your champion and lowers the durration of incoming disables by 65% for 3 seconds.|
Cleanse is a 'non-targeted' summoner spell. Its primary function is to remove active crowd control effects, allowing the summoner to continue pursuit or escape. It is also popular to replace Ignite with this spell.
- Cleanse will remove any and all of the following effects: Ignite, Exhaust, Blinds, Charm, Fear (including Flee), Movement Slows, Polymorph, Silences, Snares (including Entangle, Roots and Immobilizes), Stuns and Taunts.
- Cleanse will provide 3 seconds of 65% crowd control reduction after activation (or 4 with Summoner's Resolve). This stacks multiplicatively with other sources, such as Tenacity and champion abilities.
- Cleanse has no effect on Suppression, knock-ups, knock-backs, grabs and flings. This is true for both the removal and reduction effects.
- Cleanse will remove all effects contained within the crowd control debuff.
- For example, it will remove the following attack speed slows: Glacial Storm, Crippling Strike, Cripple, Wither, Ice Blast, Absolute Zero, Warden's Mail and Randuin's Omen.
Tryndamere's Mocking Shout is an example of an ability where the two parts are separate debuffs. This is also true for
Anivia's "Chill" debuff, applied by Flash Frost and Glacial Storm.
- Interestingly, Essence Flux, Ground Slam and Barrel Roll are the only attack speed slows in the game not connected to a movement speed slow and so are the only attack speed slows that Cleanse will not remove.
- Previously the tool tip stated that Cleanse was able to remove the Sleep debuff, although no such effect existed in the game.
- Cleanse was named Boost up until v0.9.22.15.