|Effects:||+120 Ability Power|
+10% Cooldown Reduction
|Active:||Unique: Deals 15% of target champion's maximum Health in magic damage and increases all subsequent magic damage taken by target 20% for 4 seconds (90 second cooldown).|
is a legendary item in League of Legends.
- It is best used at the beginning of a mage's combo, so that the player may best utilize the maximum amount of damage possible from an abilitiy power nuke.
- A champion such as
Veigar is a prime example of someone who would use this item at the beginning of their combo.
- Magic > Ability Power
- Magic > Cooldown Reduction
- When Deathfire Grasp was originally added, it was far too powerful on some champions and was temporarily removed.
- It was originally added in v0.9.25.24 with the following functionality: "Unique passive: When you hit a unit with a spell, you damage it for 10% of their current health(5% for multi target spells). Deals reduced damage if your last cast was fewer than 4 seconds ago."
- The item was reimplemented in v184.108.40.206 with a new functionality.
- Abilities such as
Poppy's Diplomatic Immunity or
Swain's Torment will increase the damage dealt by Deathfire Grasp.
Deathfire Grasp's cooldown has gone up
"Pre-warning: this context is going to get nerdy
Deathfire Grasp amps up a lot of existing low-interaction gameplay (ie: huge burst with no opportunity to react) without adding more skill to the mix. While this is a larger problem we'll have to tackle in the future, we felt that it was important to at least increase DFG's cooldown so that it's more appropriately balanced against a lot of 'anti-burst' spells / items (ie: exhaust, heal, Zhonya's Hourglass, etc). If we don't have to worry about DFG turning a champion into a one-shot wizard (hello Lissandra), it also means we can potentially give healthy assassins better tools to work with."
60 seconds ⇒ 90 seconds
- Combine cost reduced to 680 gold from 880 (total cost reduced to 3,100 from 3,300)
- Cooldown reduction reduced to 10% from 15%
- Now builds from Needlessly Large Rod and Amplifying Tome
- Ability Power increased from 80 to 100
- Now grants +15% Cooldown Reduction
- Unique Active changed to "Deals 15% of target champion's maximum Health in Magic Damage then amplifies all magic damage they take by 20% for 4 seconds (60 second cooldown)."
- Cost adjusted from 2,600 (975) to 3,000 (965)
- No longer grants Cooldown Reduction
- Active base damage reduced to 15% current Health from 25%
- Ability Power ratio increased to 5% per 100 Ability Power from 4%
- Now builds out of Blasting Wand and Kage's Lucky Pick (total cost reduced to 2,600 from 2,610)
- Now grants 80 ability power and 15% cooldown reduction, from 60 ability power, 12 mana regen per 5, and 15% cooldown reduction
- Increased cast range to 750 from 650
- Active base damage changed to 25% (+4% per 100 AP) of the target's current health from 30% (+3.5% per 100 AP)
- Tooltip now updates dynamically
- Ability power reduced to 60 from 65
- Mana regeneration per 5 reduced to 10 from 15
- Max HP% damage increased to 30% from 25%
- Ability power ratio increased to 3.5% from 3%
- Deathfire Grasp added, removed shortly after