From Leaguepedia | League of Legends Wiki
Deathfire Grasp is a legendary item in League of Legends.
|Effects:||+120 Ability Power|
+10% Cooldown Reduction
|Active:||Unique: Deals 15% of target champion's maximum Health in magic damage and increases all subsequent magic damage taken by target 20% for 4 seconds (90 second cooldown).|
- It is best used at the beginning of a mage's combo, so that the player may best utilize the maximum amount of damage possible from an abilitiy power nuke.
- A champion such as
Veigar is a prime example of someone who would use this item at the beginning of their combo.
- Magic > Ability Power
- Magic > Cooldown Reduction
- When Deathfire Grasp was originally added, it was far too powerful on some champions and was temporarily removed.
- It was originally added in v0.9.25.24 with the following functionality: "Unique passive: When you hit a unit with a spell, you damage it for 10% of their current health(5% for multi target spells). Deals reduced damage if your last cast was fewer than 4 seconds ago."
- The item was reimplemented in v126.96.36.199 with a new functionality.
- Abilities such as
Poppy's Diplomatic Immunity or
Swain's Torment will increase the damage dealt by Deathfire Grasp.