Draven - The Glorious Executioner
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|HP Regen:||5 (+0.7)|
|Mana Regen:||6.95 (+0.65)|
|Attack Damage:||55.8 (+2.91)|
|Attack Speed:||0.679 (+2.7%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+0)|
Draven, The Glorious Executioner is a Ranged AD Carry who focuses on high early game damage that allows him to bully opponents out of lane. His signature ability Spinning Axes lets him hit for increased Attack Damage as well as apply his passive Wicked Blades which is an added damage over time for more damage, the catch is that the axe flies into the air and he has to catch it allowing him to hit with another Spinning Axe. He can hold up to two axes at a time. He is primarily found in duo bottom lane has he has no escapes so he needs protection early game from ganks.
|Lore:||Unlike his brother Darius, victory in battle was never enough for Draven. He craved recognition, acclaim, and glory. He first sought greatness in the Noxian military, but his flair for the dramatic went severely underappreciated. Thirsting for a method to share "Draven" with the world, he turned his attention to the prison system. There he carved out the celebrity he desired by turning the tedious affair of executions into a premiere spectacle.
At Draven's first execution, he shocked onlookers when he ordered the doomed prisoner to run for dear life. Just before the man managed to flee from sight, Draven brought him down with a flawless throw of his axe. Soon, all Draven's executions became a gauntlet through which Noxian prisoners raced for a final chance at life. He used this trial as his own personal stage, and turned executions into a leading form of entertainment. He rallied onlookers into a frenzy, while desperate prisoners scrambled to evade him. They never succeeded. Rejecting the solemn, black uniforms of Noxian executioners, Draven donned bright outfits and developed flashy signature moves to distinguish himself. Crowds flocked to see Draven in action, and tales of his performances spread quickly. As his popularity grew, so did his already-inflated ego. He belonged at the center of attention. Before long, the scope of his ambitions outgrew the population of Noxus. He decided that the glorious exploits of Draven should be put on display for the entire world.
| "The "best" is wherever I decide to set the bar each day."
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|2014 LNL Summer||0||1||0||1||0||1.8|
|2014 LPL Summer Regular Season||0||1||0||1||0||0.9|
|2014 NA LCS Summer Regular Season||0||1||1||0||100||0.9|
|2014 EU LCS Summer Regular Season||0||1||1||0||100||0.9|
|2014 GPL Summer Group Stage||0||3||2||1||66.7||4.8|
- Primetime Draven’s Q - Spinning Axe no longer incorrectly uses Pool Party Draven’s SFX
Q now has base damage and scales off bonus, not total, attack damage. W mana cost down at higher ranks.
Draven is the cocky showoff for the marksman who wants to beat his opponent into the ground and keep them there through the midgame. Ever since Youmuu’s Ghostblade’s changes, Draven has been struggling to stay ahead when he’s off to a good start. We want to restore that go-hard feeling, so we’re giving Draven some extra power where (when?) his victims will feel it most.
- DRAAAAAVEN: Draven’s Q - Spinning Axe no longer bounces off plants. Instead, the duration is refreshed (similar to attacking turrets)
- Primetime Draven's Q - Spinning Axe sound effects have been updated to be more noticeable
- Soul Reaver Draven's R - Whirling Death now properly plays sound effects when it hits enemies
- Fixed a bug where Draven couldn’t recast R - Whirling Death while snared
Attack frame increased, but missile speed lower.
Though a bit odd on paper, these changes together give Draven greater control of the trajectory and positioning necessary to his flashy style of looking good while laying down axes.
- ATTACK FRAME:
- BASIC ATTACK MISSILE SPEED:
Patch Notes 5.17
Draven now tells his team how great he is. Also gets bonus stacks for neat tricks.
"As Draven himself would tell you, the only real objective in League of Legends is the bottom lane - especially when he’s in it. As a marksman with exceptional snowball potential, Draven wishes you’d focus on setting him up to dominate by helping him cash in Adoration stacks and rake in millions of gold in combat stats. Now Draven’s more communicative when he’s about to break the bank; maybe he’ll stop pinging for you to come gank (probably not)."
- Passive - League of Draven
- COME SEE HOW GOOD I LOOK: Upon reaching 150 stacks, notifies Draven's team every 100 stacks (150, 250, 350, etc)
- ALL EYES ON ME: Notifies Draven's team every time he cashes in on a kill of at least 150 stacks
- 100% OF THE TIME, EVERY TIME: Draven gets 2 bonus stacks of Adoration if he kills 6 minions in a row without dropping a spinning axe
- 6/20/2014 Patch Update
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug where Draven could no longer throw a spinning axe if he caught it or primed it in the middle of an attack animation.
Patch Notes 3.11
Summary: Draven’s passive will now consume all stacks on kill to grant bonus gold, although the gold granted per stack has been reduced by 1. Additionally, Draven’s passive will grant at least 50 bonus gold per kill. Context: Considering Draven is obviously the greatest champion ever in League of Legends, his new League of Draven passive feels a little flat right now. We’re looking at ways of making his Adoration mechanic more rewarding - both functionally and visually – during late game and multikills.
- League of Draven
- Now grants a base 50 Gold bonus upon killing an enemy champion (from 0)
- Now consumes all Adoration stacks on kill to reward Draven with Gold (previously only consuming half)
- Gold per Adoration stack consumed reduced to 2 (from 3)
- Visuals and sounds for League of Draven play on every Draven kill, instead of only playing on kills which consumed a large number of stacks
Patch Notes 3.09
We lowered the early game damage output Draven got from his passive since it wasn't adding much in terms of satisfying gameplay. Unfortunately, to get the numbers right, we realized we would need to reduce his passive damage to a point where it would be even less satisfying. We instead opted to rework Draven's passive altogether into something that reinforces his current gameplay, something so… Draven… even his opponents will feel begrudged to applaud: Welcome… to the League of Draven.
- League of Draven (New Passive)
- When Draven catches a Spinning Axe, or kills a minion or monster, he gains one stack of Adoration. When Draven kills an enemy champion, he consumes half of his Adoration stacks and gains 3 gold per stack consumed. Draven loses half of his Adoration stacks upon death.
Patch Notes 3.06
In Patch 3.5, we changed Draven's Spinning Axe to lead Draven more accurately when he was benefitting from movement speed increases. Unfortunately, these changes were very disruptive for dedicated Draven players and didn't offer enough potential for skilled players to showcase their skill through covering long distances between throwing and catching. We decided to revert the change.
- Spinning Axe
- Reverted a recent change affecting how Draven was led by Spinning Axe, restoring prior functionality
- Axe drop location will no longer be placed on the far side of impassable terrain from Draven
- Spinning Axe
- Now leads Draven more accurately when he is benefiting from Movement Speed increases
- Axe drop location will no longer be placed partially inside walls / terrain