Elixir of Fortitude
|Effects:||Grants +120-235 health based on level and +15 attack damage for 3 minutes.|
is a consumable item in League of Legends.
- Although the Elixir of Fortitude gives a bonus to attack damage, it is most commonly bought for the boost to health.
- The health bonus can be used somewhat like Heal, as it will not only increase your maximum health by the specified amount, it will also restore that much health. This effect can be used to survive spells such as
Karthus' Requiem or the Summoner Spells Ignite.
- Elixirs are often bought towards the end of the game when builds are all completed and the extra gold continues to accumulate. They can also be bought mid game to give a temporary stat advantage during ganks and team fights.
- The Elixir of Fortitude will stay active upon death because it runs on a timer.
- Elixirs are automatically applied when purchased if there are already six items in the inventory
- Elixir of Fortitude is not available in the game mode Dominion.
- Defense > Health
- Attack > Damage
- During some seasonal events, the Elixir of Fortitude's name and picture are changed, although the effects remain the same.
- During The Harrowing, it was changed to Piece of Red Candy.
- During the Lunar Revel, it was changed to Red Ginseng Kettle.
- During the Great Hunt, it was changed to Mightshroom.
- In v188.8.131.52, this item was bugged and when used by
Jax it would grant him maximum health.
Elixirs and Ichors now intelligently scale up in stats as a character levels up with them on.
"Before this patch, Elixirs and Ichors only did one "check" on your level before determining the stats they gave you. If you leveled up with an Elixir or Ichor used, however, they wouldn't intelligently scale up to your new level. We fixed that."
- SMART CONSUMABLES: Stat buffs from Elixirs and Ichors now level up along with the buffed Champion
Elixir of Fortitude is meant to be an "all-in" burst of power for players looking to take control of a situation. With its low cost, however, players were simply defaulting to it as a general starting item with no significant repercussion. Increasing the gold cost of Elixir of Fortitude aligns it better with the risky strategy it was intended for.
- Cost increased to 350 gold from 250
- Now grants 140-235 health and +10 attack damage, reduced from 230-400 health and +11-28 attack damage
- Cost reduced to 250 from 300
- Elixirs will now activate immediately if purchased when your inventory is full
- Elixir of Fortitude damage buff changed to give 10-28 damage based on Champion level rather than a flat 20 damage
- Elixirs are no longer lost upon pseudo-death (Guardian Angel, Chrono Shift, etc.)
- Elixir of Fortitude health modified from 350 to 230-400 (Based on level)
April 25, 2009 Patch