Fiora - The Grand Duelist
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|Real Name:||Fiora Laurent|
|HP Regen:||8.25 (+0.55)|
|Mana Regen:||8 (+0.7)|
|Attack Damage:||60 (+3.3)|
|Attack Speed:||0.625 (+3.2%)|
|Magic Resist:||32.1 (+1.25)|
Fiora, The Grand Duelist is an AD late-game hypercarry that lies somewhere between an assassin and fighter. She excels at 1v1 fights, lending to her name "The Grand Duelist". She is frequently played in top lane, but may be suitable for other roles.
|Lore:||The most feared duelist in all Valoran, Fiora is as renowned for her brusque manner and cunning mind as she is for the speed of her bluesteel rapier. Born to House Laurent in the kingdom of Demacia, Fiora took control of the family from her father in the wake of a scandal that nearly destroyed them. House Laurent's reputation was sundered, but Fiora bends her every effort to restore her family's honor and return them to their rightful place among the great and good of Demacia.
From an early age, Fiora defied every expectation placed upon her. Her mother had the finest craftsmen of Demacia fashion the most lifelike dolls for her. Fiora gave them to her maids and took up her brother's rapier, forcing him to give her lessons in secret. Her father obtained a host of dressmaking mannequins for her personal seamstress to craft wondrous dresses. Fiora used them to practice lunges and ripostes.
| "I have come to kill you for the sake of honor. And though you possess none, still you die."
- Fiora, the Grand Duelist
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|2014 GPL Summer Playoffs||0||1||0||1||0||3.3|
|Champions Summer 2012||1||0||0||0||0||1.4|
|2012 MLG Summer Championship||0||1||0||1||0||1.7|
|2012 MLG Spring Championship||0||1||0||1||0||1.1|
|Click [Show] for Additional Tournament Stats|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
Passive’s movement speed down. R no longer grants Duelist’s Dance’s movement speed when near the target.
Playing around Vitals gives Fiora a lot of power, but her opponents are at too much of a disadvantage to stop her from doing so. When Fiora’s striking lone Vitals, the movement speed Duelist’s Dance provides often lets her escape retaliation. When Fiora goes all-in with her ultimate, the movement speed she gets allows her too much leeway to out-maneuver her opponent even before hitting any Vitals at all. In both cases, Fiora’s movement speed rewards need to be toned down so opponents have a fair chance to win the game of footsies.
- BONUS MOVEMENT SPEED:
- Grand Challenge no longer grants Duelist’s Dance’s movement speed while near the target DANCE FLOOR:
- Fiora no longer purges Sejuani’s E - Permafrost stacks if she uses W - Riposte to parry an attack while at three stacks
- Headmistress Fiora's E - Bladework first hit particles no longer exceed the ruler's length.
- Using W - Riposte while Banshee’s Veil is active no longer causes it to visually go on cooldown in Fiora’s inventory (or to visually fizzle, then instantly reappear)
- PROJECT: Fiora's Passive - Duelist's Dance Vitals indicators no longer visually disappear before the effect expires
- When Pool Party Fiora kills an enemy with a basic attack, the universal blue swirly death VFX now properly display
Passive heals more. Q scaling increased at early levels.
Fiora’s a devastating side-lane duelist when given the appropriate support, but she’s struggling to find success outside of the professional scene. As mentioned with Azir above, it’s important for late-game powerhouses to have early windows of vulnerability, but the degree to which Fiora's being punished at early levels is just a bit too high. We’re improving Fiora’s early trade potential to help tip the scales in her favor when the Grand Duelist starts making the right moves.
- HEALTH ON VITAL HIT:
25-110 (at levels 1-18)⇒ 30-115 (at levels 1-18)
0.55/0.7/0.85/1/1.15 bonus attack damage⇒ 0.95/1/1.05/1.1/1.15 bonus attack damage
- Fixed a bug where Fiora would be locked out of Flash and Teleport if she died during Q - Lunge until casting Lunge again
Passive deals less damage, but scales higher early. E slow and range down.
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: a high-damage carry champion builds primarily tank items and still manages to deal enough damage to duel everyone while being impossible to take down. It’s a problem as old as League itself, but these days Fiora’s become the posterchild for game health issues when Tanks and Carries cross the streams. It’s a standard problem, but also one that’s often misunderstood - it’s not the damage that Fiora (or any carry) does, it’s the whole ‘not making a tradeoff to get it’ that’s an issue. Mixing up the bases and scaling goes a long way to making sure the die-hard full damage Fioras out there still get to carve up opponents with skilled play. That said, this fencer’s still got problems even before we start talking items, which is what the other half of this changelist is addressing. Right now, Fiora’s wealth of tools to activate Duelist’s Dance are so slanted in her favor that it doesn’t feel graceful or elegant (or possible) to deny her the satisfaction of striking your weak spot. We’re cleaning up some of her advantages there to make Fiora’s 1v1’s more compelling than ‘instantly proc 3 vitals - now see if you can deny me the last one.’
W cooldown up. E cooldown down, but starts after the attacks finish.
Demacia's Grand Duelist has more than earned her title with Fiora outshining her peers in almost every way. We're not looking to take Fiora out of the arena for good, so we're focused on lowering her strength in two ways. 1.) Give opponents more windows to stick damage on Fiora, particularly when she misplays. 2.) Remove a particularly abusive priming case that heavily inflates her burst damage (see: Jayce's Hyper Charge changes way back in 4.21). Fiora's fun and flashy, but we prefer her highs to come from moments of truly skillful reactions, not hidden cooldown mechanics.
Vitals will now spawn with a little more predictability.
On release, Duelist's Dance would alternate on spawn location between either the two 'front' vitals (facing blue side) or the two 'back' vitals (the ones facing red side). This was to get some elements of play and mastery in the mix, as well as preventing pure randomness from messing with either Fiora or her opponent. At some point, however, that logic exploded and went to randomness. We're fixing it for the reasons we just mentioned.
R’s healing zone duration lowered, but scales with vitals hit.
Since her rework, Fiora’s risen in the ranks of solo queue and professional play alike as a truly dominating solo lane. While we chipped off some of her base stats last time around to make Fiora more exploitable in bad matchups, it appears we’ll have to go further to knock the Grand Duelist off her throne. This patch we’re focused entirely on the reward incentives for Grand Challenge. While it makes sense for Fiora to receive a massive heal for successfully and skillfully slashing away at her opponent’s Vitals, it’s instead often used as a low-effort way to reset the fight after her team collapses on a single target. We want Fiora to provide benefits for her team, but this skewed the ability too far toward a ‘massive teamfight ult’ on a champion that’s already adept in 1v1 situations. We’re clipping its effectiveness as a ‘fire-and-forget’ ability, but keeping the greatest reward for when Fiora truly exposes her challengers.
5 seconds⇒ 2 seconds
- VICTORY ROSE: Heal duration goes up by 1 second for every Vital Fiora strikes beyond the first
- MAXIMUM DURATION: Unchanged
Base armor, base health, and health per level reduced."As a master duelist, Fiora’s new skillset gives her a wide array of tools to tactically dodge or mitigate incoming damage with grace. The issue isn’t smart use of her maneuvers, but rather her effectiveness when she fails to execute. At present, she’ll just beat you over the head, vitals or not. Hammering away at base stats mean that fighting Fiora (especially pre-6) should feel like less of a stat-check and more of an engaging clash of blades, putting more pressure on her to succeed with style or pay the ultimate price."
- "Fiora, the Grand Duelist, will be updated with the launch of 5.15.
Patch Notes 4.20
Changing the way Blade Waltz does damage. It'll do the same to a single target, but less AoE with Tiamat / Ravenous Hydra. "While it's a little weird to have to nerf a champion due to their overwhelming synergy with a core item (Tiamat / Ravenous Hydra in this case), Fiora's a more unique case as Tiamat lets her turn an already low-counterplay ability (Blade Waltz) into a high-damage area-effect low-counterplay ability. Additionally, some of our predictive models show that Fiora will probably benefit from the 2015 preseason changes, so we wanted to make some low-scope preliminary changes. This is a long context to say that we're re-emphasizing Fiora's duelist capabilities so she needs to be more opportunistic when looking for a dance."
- R - Blade Waltz
- BASE PHYSICAL DAMAGE:
160 / 330 / 500⇒ 125 / 255 / 385
- TECHNICALLY A BUGFIX: Sort of fixed a bug where Blade Waltz' AD ratio was displaying as 1.2 when it's actually 1.15. This is technically a bugfix because...
1.2 bonus attack damage⇒ 0.9 bonus attack damage
- SAME TARGET DAMAGE:
- BASE PHYSICAL DAMAGE:
Patch Notes 3.15
"If Fiora uses Blade Waltz on a stealth target that's been revealed (through true sight or abilities), she'll now properly deal damage."
- R – Blade Waltz
- Fixed a bug where Blade Waltz was not dealing damage to "revealed" stealth targets
Patch Notes 3.11
Context: Fiora’s Blade Waltz has been hindered by reliability issues for a while now, so we’re making some quality of life changes to help ensure that her ultimate is suitably satisfying to use.
- Blade Waltz
- Will now choose untargetable and invisible targets if necessary to continue the Blade Waltz. If Fiora needs to jump to such a target to continue Blade Waltz, she will do so, though the ability will not deal damage to untargetable/invisible units. If the target is revealed when Fiora jumps to them (in brush), she’ll deal damage as normal
- Blade Waltz
- The cooldown and manacost are refunded if Fiora is suppressed while casting Blade Waltz before it has started to have any effect
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Blade Waltz cooldown reduced to 130 / 120 / 110 seconds from 150 / 130 / 110
- Fixed a bug where Fiora could consume the second cast of Lunge on the original target while still moving toward the original target.
- May 10th - The Metagame Report: Midseason mixups by Gabriel Zoltan-Johan (thescoreesports.com)
- June 29th - Fiora finally might receive nerfs in League of Legends by Andrew Kim (slingshotesports.com)
- November 17th - 5 sleeper champions on the verge of meta success by Gabriel Zoltan-Johan (thescoreesports.com)