Graves - The Outlaw
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|Real Name:||Malcolm Graves|
|HP Regen:||6.675 (+0.7)|
|Mana Regen:||7.925 (+0.7)|
|Attack Damage:||60.83 (+2.41)|
|Attack Speed:||0.481 (+2.9%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+0)|
Graves, The Outlaw is a Jungler with strong early game burst damage and dueling power. He is most often played in the jungle.
|Lore:||Malcolm Graves is a wanted man in every realm, city, and empire he has visited. Tough, strong-willed, and above all relentless, through his life of crime he has amassed (then invariably lost) a small fortune.
Raised in the wharf alleys of Bilgewater, Malcolm quickly learned how to fight and how to steal, skills that have served him very well over the years. Smuggling himself to the mainland in the bilge of an outgoing cargo ship as a youth, he stole, lied, and gambled his way from place to place. But it was across the table of a high-stakes card game that Malcolm met the man who would change his life: the trickster now known as Twisted Fate. Both men saw the same reckless love of danger and adventure in the other, and a dysfunctional partnership that lasted nearly a decade was born.
| “We’re here for your gold, not your heads, so don’t nobody decide to be a hero.”
- Graves, the Outlaw
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|2015 World Championship||0||1||1||0||100||1.4|
|IEM Season IX World Championship||4||3||0||3||0||36.8|
|IEM Season IX - Cologne||0||6||4||2||66.7||42.9|
|2014 World Championship||0||2||1||1||50||2.6|
|2014 Season China Regional Finals||0||1||1||0||100||6.7|
True Grit no longer grants magic resist.
We're pretty confident we could just say "Graves is absurd right now, so we're nerfing him" and leave it at that, but let's dive in. Right now the cowboy is just universally strong: he deals a hell of a lot of damage, he clears well, he's tanky for a marksman... the list goes on. Graves needs some weaknesses for opponents to exploit, and we identified True Grit’s resistance stats as an opportunity to add one. He’s now significantly more vulnerable to magic damage threats, whether you’re attacking his early game (Elise says hi!) or trying to blow him up in teamfights. How to capitalize on this is up to you, but you now have better options to deal with a Graves than spamming the ban button in champion select.
- True Grit no longer grants 5/7.5/10/12.5/15 magic resist per stack (40/60/80/100/120 magic resist at max stacks) COWBOYS HATE MAGIC:
True Grit refreshes off any instance of damage.
Back in 6.23, we shipped an under-the-hood fix to a general piece of code that True Grit uses. This corrected a bug causing True Grit to refresh off any instance of damage Graves dealt, rather than only basic attacks (as stated in the tooltip). Being correct, however, isn’t always the same as being right. The bug was in place for so long that we had balanced around it, and Graves mains had grown accustomed to the extra refreshes. So, we’re putting the behavior back in and changing the tooltip instead.
- Pool Party Graves’s W - Smoke Screen now properly plays its sprinkler sound effects for enemies
Quickdraw now gives fewer resists when not dashing in.
Graves is the marksman for players who want to get right up in the enemy’s face. True Grit gives Graves enough durability to take a few hits when going toe-to-toe with opponents, but it’s also making him too tanky when he’s kiting away from a fight. Graves’s defenses are meant to enable aggressive Quick Draws, so we’re weakening the reward when he isn’t dashing in.
- Cancelling Graves’s basic attack no longer fails to reset his basic attack timer
- Graves is no longer briefly stunned if an enemy tries to displace him as he casts R - Collateral Damage
- Graves’s W - Smoke Screen no longer fizzles if cast immediately before Graves fires his second basic attack charge
Basic attacks deal less damage, but crits are more valuable.
Graves doesn’t know the first thing about time-travel, but he and Ekko share a lot of similarities this patch - they deal tons of damage, and they’re practically unkillable. While Graves isn’t building pure defense, his unique interactions with lifesteal and basic-attack scaling let him get away with prioritizing efficient hybrid defensive items (Death’s Dance, Maw, Sterak’s) to wreck early and wreck late. We’re retuning New Destiny’s specs so Graves has to make a choice between being critting people’s heads off or being the gritty, sustained cleanup crew.
Q damage down, and now has a brief delay upon colliding with terrain. Q/R no longer cancel his recoil animation.
Now that the dust has settled and builds are optimized, the results are in: Graves bursts you real fast, and he's not a fan of taking damage. We're cool with the G-man doin' his thing (as long as he's not smoking), but we're addressing his dominance in two ways.
First, we want to force Graves' to make a bigger tradeoff for his damage vs defenses, seeing as his baseline output is so high that he transitions into tank stats early while still managing to make heads roll. Next, we're targeting just how quickly he pumps lead into his targets - often obliterating challenges in a series of animation-cancelled spellcasts.Graves being the slow-moving, burly guy makes sense for a shotgun-toting gritty outlaw, but introducing more counterplay to his patterns should help you settle the score.
- Passive - New Destiny
- Basic attacks no longer stun the Rift Scuttler DEAD CRAB SCUTTLIN':
- TAKE YOUR TIME: Graves can no longer interrupt the 0.25 second recoil after his basic attacks with Q - End of the Line or R - Collateral Damage.
- Q - End of the Line
- SECOND HIT BASE DAMAGE:
- WARNING SHOT: Now plays a brief animation before detonating after colliding with terrain
- SECOND HIT BASE DAMAGE:
- E - Quickdraw
- TOO QUICK: Fixed a bug where casting Quickdraw would interrupt Graves' reload animation
- NEVER FORGET: Graves will remember his last attack/movement command after using Quickdraw
- Fixed a bug where leveling up caused Graves's E - Quick Draw's armor and magic resistance bonus to become inconsistent until refreshed
The beefiest of the Marksman lineup, Graves' burst and tankiness were hallmarks of the carry you'd call when you needed some fighting done - that is, until other bot laners simply started outshining him. Be it rockets, piercing light or laser barrages, Ol' Malcolm's struggled to set himself apart from the pack beyond his bad attitude and big gun.
That is, until he got himself a new big gun.Armed with New Destiny, Graves finally has the tools to live up to the up-close-and-personal fantasy he's always promised. While most carries kite the front lines, the burden's on the enemy to kite Graves, lest they take the full brunt of New Destiny's rounds to the gut.
- BASE ATTACK DAMAGE:
- ATTACK DAMAGE GROWTH STAT:
- ATTACK RANGE:
- MOVEMENT SPEED:
- ARMOR GROWTH STAT:
- BASE ATTACK DAMAGE:
- Passive - New Destiny
- BUCKSHOT: Graves' basic attack is now a cone of 4 bullets whose AD ratio scales with level
- DAMAGE FROM FIRST BULLET: 0.75 - 1.1 total attack damage
- BONUS DAMAGE: 25-33% per bullet beyond the first
- ONE AT A TIME: Bullets stop on the first unit hit
- TOUGHER THAN LEATHER: Structures take 25% reduced damage from Graves' basic attacks
- DOUBLE BARREL: Graves stores two Shells at any time and expends them when he basic attacks. After using them, Graves reloads, delaying his next basic attack significantly.
- WAIT YOUR TURN: Graves' reload time is slightly reduced by attack speed
- DOUBLE TAP: Graves time between attacks is greatly reduced by attack speed
- 12-GAUGE: Instead of dealing bonus damage, Graves fires 8 bullets upon critically striking (10 with Infinity Edge)
- Q - End of the Line
Fires a narrow missile in a line. After 1 second, the line detonates, dealing high damage in a 'T' shape from where Graves fired it.
- INITIAL DAMAGE: 60/80/100/120/140 (+0.75 bonus Attack Damage)
- DETONATION DAMAGE: 90/155/220/285/350 (+0.4/0.6/0.8/1/1.2 bonus Attack Damage)
- COST: 50/55/60/65/70 mana
- COOLDOWN: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
- FISH IN A BARREL: If End of the Line strikes a wall, it detonates immediately.
- W - Smoke Screen
- LIGHTS OUT: Enemy units inside Smoke Screen cannot see out for any reason
20/19/18/17/16 seconds⇒ 26/24/22/20/18 seconds
- E - Quickdraw
- WASTE OF AMMO: No longer grants attack speed
- LOCK AND LOAD: Now resets Graves' basic attack timer and refills 1 Shell
- THIS IS GONNA TICKLE: Now grants 10/15/20/25/30 Armor and Magic Resist for 4 seconds. This can stack up to 4 times on Graves on each cast. Damaging non-minions refreshes True Grit.
22/20/18/16/14 seconds⇒ 18/17/16/15/14 seconds
- COOLDOWN REFUND:
1 second per basic attack⇒ 0.5 seconds per bullet hit
- R - Collateral Damage
- BARN-BURNER: Graves now recoils 300 units backwards upon firing
Buckshot deals less damage at max range and slightly more damage at close range.
Tough as nails and strong like Gromp, Malcolm Graves is the go-to when you need a lane demolished. We want him to keep his signature explosiveness (and all that southern Bilgewater charm), but at a distance he prefers: up close and personal. Simply put, trading at long-range will see Graves getting less bang for his buck-shot but, once he gets in their comfort zone, it's the end of the line.
Patch Notes 4.15
"We're documenting the collateral in Collateral Damage (this is now the third time we have used this joke)."
Patch Notes 4.13
Graves is putting more damage back into collateral damage. We may have used this joke before, but that doesn't matter. Also Buckshot does more damage for each extra bullet hit. "We're buffing Graves' ability to shoot people with a shotgun."
Patch Notes 4.5
Quickdraw costs less mana to use, Collateral Damage's explosion damage is now the same as the impact damage. "We're emphasizing the collateral part of Collateral Damage."
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Riot Graves is now properly flagged as having sunglasses
- Base attack speed reduced to 0.625 from 0.638
- Quickdraw attack speed reduced to 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70% from 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80%
- Smokescreen sight reduction range reduced to 675 from 800
- Updated tooltips
- Damage reduced at later ranks to 60 / 95 / 130 / 165 / 200 form 60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240
- Damage per extra bullet increased to 35% from 25%
- Smoke Screen duration reduced to 4 seconds from 5 seconds
- Fixed a bug where using a ward could break Buckshot's sound
- Fixed a bug where Collateral Damage could cost mana and go on cooldown without firing
- Buckshot Mana cost increased to 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 from 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80
- Collateral Damage
- Initial damage reduced to 250 / 350 / 450 from 250 / 375 / 500
- Explosion damage reduced to 140 / 250 / 360 from 140 / 275 / 400
- Cooldown increased to 100 / 90 / 80 from 80 / 70 / 60
- Attack range reduced to 525 from 550
- Base mana lowered to 295 from 342
- Buckshot damage per additional missile reduced to 25% from 30%
- Fixed a few small tooltip errors
- True Grit
- Buff duration reduced to 3 seconds from 4
- Armor and magic resistance per stack reduced to 3 from 4 at max level
- Buckshot damage per additional missile reduced to 30% from 35%