|Name:||Gu Seung-bin (구승빈)|
|Country of Birth:||South Korea|
|Birthday:||June 7, 1995|
|Peak League:||Diamond II (NA)|
|Peak League:||Challenger (KR) 700 LP|
|Alternate IDs:||tdyipc (NA), MVP imp (KR), 4seasons (KR), 잊혀진계절 (KR), sbimp (Current KR ID), dog pmi (Actual KR)|
|Social Media Links|
|Share this Page|
|Overview||Champion Statistics||Match History|
|This article is a player stub. You can help Leaguepedia by expanding it.|
Gu "Imp" Seung-bin (구승빈) is the AD Carry for LGD Gaming.
Imp began playing League of Legends when the Korean server opened at the end of 2011. He played only
Sivir when he first started. He reached 2000 elo within 2 months and decided that he would take the game more seriously by learning the rest of the AD carry champions. His impressive AD Carry mechanics brought him to the attention of MVP Ozone and he was picked up as their AD carry in May 2012.
The first tournament Imp attended with Ozone was NLB Summer 2012. It was a success as the team won the event, defeating Tempest 4-1 in the finals. Their second tournament was the International e-Culture Festival 2012 where they managed an impressive 3rd place finish, losing to Team WE in the 3rd place match.
Imp had an impressive run on MVP Ozone in Season 3. They finished 1st in OGN Club Masters and AMD-INVEN GamExperience. They also made a very impressive 1st place finish in the OLYMPUS Champions Spring 2013, taking down CJ Entus Blaze in a clean 3-0 sweep. The summer wasn't as good for Ozone, as they finished 3rd in the HOT6iX Champions Summer 2013. Ozone was however able to qualify for the Season 3 World Championship as Korea's second seed. They rebranded to Samsung Galaxy Ozone and headed to North America. Despite being a big favorite going into the tournament, Ozone had a tough time in the group stage. Even though they had a solid 5-3 record, Gambit Gaming also had the same record and in a big upset, Gambit was able to defeat Ozone in the Tiebreaker Match, eliminating them from playoffs.
Wanting to make up for their poor Worlds performance, Ozone played in the PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014 and managed to reach the finals but lost to the undefeated SK Telecom T1 in a 0-3 sweep. They would then attend the HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014 but only managed to reach 3rd place, defeating CJ Entus Blaze in the 3rd place match. The team was then renamed to Samsung Galaxy White just before the HOT6iX Champions Summer 2014. During the Summer Season, White was unable to win the championship but managed to place 3rd after taking down SK Telecom T1 S in the 3rd place match. In the 2014 Season Korea Regional Finals, White took down SK Telecom T1 K in a tiebreaker match and qualified for the 2014 World Championship. At Worlds, White was able to breeze through groups, going undefeated with a 6-0 record. Imp was also able to become the first player to achieve a penta kill at Worlds, using Vayne to do it against Dark Passage. In the Quarterfinals they would face off against Team SoloMid and defeated them 3-1. They would then face their sister team Samsung Galaxy Blue. Despite analysts expecting a close series, White was able to sweep Blue 3-0 and advanced to the finals. Their final opponent was Star Horn Royal Club and although SHRC did take one game, White was able to defeat them and become the Season 4 World Champions. Imp would then leave White shortly after Worlds.
In November of 2014, Imp traveled to China and joined LGD Gaming. His first tournament with the team was 2014 WGT and they were able to win it, defeating Gamtee 2-1 in the finals. Despite a 6th place finish in the regular season of the 2015 LPL Spring Split, LGD was able to qualify for the 2015 LPL Spring Playoffs. In playoffs, they were able to take out OMG and then Snake Esports in two 3-0 sweeps. In the finals, despite putting up a very strong performance against Edward Gaming, LGD lost 2-3 in a very close series. The regular season of the 2015 LPL Summer Split was similar to the spring one for LGD. They would finish 5th, once again qualifying for playoffs. Looking to avenge their loss to EDG, they would take out both Vici Gaming and Snake Esports in 3-1 victories. In the semifinals they faced off against Edward Gaming and defeated them 3-0, avenging their defeat in the spring finals. With only the impressive rookie team Qiao Gu Reapers standing in their path, LGD would defeat them in a really close 3-2 series, finally winning their first LPL title. This would also qualify them for the 2015 World Championship.
At Worlds, LGD was drawn in Group D along with KT Rolster, Origen and Team SoloMid. Despite being the favorites in the group according to many analysts, LGD was unable to win a game in Week 1. They defeated Origen and Team SoloMid in Week 2 but were unable to deafeat KT Rolster. With a 2-4 record, LGD was eliminated from Worlds and finished in 9th-12th place.
With Flame and TBQ leaving in December of 2015, LGD entered the 2016 Season after signing MaRin and Eimy for the top lane and jungle position respectively. Hoping to bounce back from their rough Worlds and post-Worlds performances, LGD would go into the 2016 LPL Spring Split with high hopes. Being placed in Group A, LGD struggled in the first several weeks of play. Despite having good players in every position, they struggled to play as a team. In the second half of the season however, they started playing better and bounced back, finishing 4th in their group with an 8-8 record. They would face off against Vici Gaming in Round 1 of the 2016 LPL Spring Playoffs but would go on to lose 1-3, finishing the Spring Split in 7th-8th.
- For More Champion Statistics CLICK HERE
- Argues that one of the biggest weaknesses he sees in other players is too much pride. He thinks having too much pride prevents players from improving. 
- Believes that the North American teams have a much weaker laning stage than Korea. 
- Based on his own experience he says that players who have girlfriends usually decline in skill; as they stop being totally focused on making sure they play as well as they possibly can.
- Considered one of the best AD carry players in Korea.
- Has a rivalry with WeiXiao, which began when he prevented WeiXiao from playing AD carry on his Korean smurf by taking the position instead. 
- Known for his
Vayne mechanics that has earned him the nickname "Doubleimp" as both he and Doublelift have similar play styles.
- Regards Invictus Gaming's PDD as his favourite player after becoming friends with him during season 2. 
Varus is the most underrated AD carry (June 2013).
- Views OGN as the strongest league in the world and the best place for professional league players to really test their skills.
- Achieved 711 Gold Per Minute in a group stage match in PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014.
- The first player ever to achieve a Pentakill in the World Championship, using Vayne against Dark Passage in the Season 4 World Championship. He achieved one more Pentakill later on in the tournament, using Twitch against Team SoloMid.
|2016-04-10||2016 LPL Spring Split Group A||
||8 : 8|| |
||2 : 1|| |
|2014-10-19||2014 World Championship||
||3 : 1|| |
|2014-08-06||HOT6iX Champions Summer 2014||
||3 : 0|| |
|2014-06-08||SK Telecom LTE-A LoL Masters 2014||
||3 : 0|| |
|2014-05-24||HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014||
||3 : 2|| |
|2014-01-25||PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014||
||0 : 3|| |
|2013-06-15||OLYMPUS Champions Spring 2013||KDA Leader - AD|| |
- April 11th - LGD's imp and MaRin on their playstyles and preparing for the LPL playoffs with TheScore eSports
- October 10th - Imp on LGD Issues: Blames himself + "If China still wants me, I'll stay in China (KR)(EN)(video) with GameSpot
- May 1st - True LOL Show Ep.01_트롤쇼 1회 (video)(KR) with OnGameNet
- August 27th - 2nd Tie-Breaker Match Winner Interview - SAMSUNG White (video) with OGN Global
- September 19th - Imp on the best AD Carry, playing crazy, and looking like Harry Potter (video) with onGamers
- September 19th - LoL 2014 World Championship Interview - Imp & Susie (video) with OGN Global
- October 3rd - Imp on getting past his Trash Talk Tendencies and playing TSM (video) with onGamers
- October 11th - Imp on Samsung White vs Blue and Travis's Worlds luck (video) with onGamers
- June 14th - MVP Ozone's imp interview - LolStarKorea (video) with LoLStarKorea
- July 3rd - imp 'Grilled': "I was actually afraid to face Cpt Jack" (Episode #64) (video) with Team Acer
- August 7th - Adc Lesson with Imp and Score with Korea Riot Games
- September 21st - Imp and Doublelift have a chance to talk to each other at Worlds (video) with GameSpot
Discussionsblog comments powered by Disqus