Irelia - The Will of the Blades
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|HP Regen:||8.5 (+0.65)|
|Mana Regen:||8.9 (+0.65)|
|Attack Damage:||61.5 (+3.3)|
|Attack Speed:||0.665 (+3.2%)|
|Magic Resist:||32 (+1.25)|
|Lore:||The Ionians have developed some of the most breathtaking and deadly martial arts in all of Runeterra - just one manifestation of their pursuit of enlightenment. The most remarkable blade style to emerge, however, was the unusual byproduct of foreign intervention.
Master Lito was a swordsman whose teachings were sought by ruling classes from nearly every city-state. His art was a highly-guarded secret, but it was said that swords would breathe in his grasp. He withered unexpectedly from a mysterious disease which baffled the brightest of Runeterran physicians. When he died, he left behind Zelos and Irelia, his son and daughter, and a truly unique weapon. Zelos became a sergeant in the Ionian military and left to seek assistance from Demacia immediately prior to Noxus' invasion of Ionia. Irelia, charged with the protection of their home until Zelos returned, was alone when the Noxian forces struck.
The Ionians fought admirably, but soon Ionian blood stained the land beneath the prints of foreign boots. At the Great Stand of the Placidium, Ionians prepared for surrender, but were inspired to maintain their resistance when the young Irelia lifted her father's enormous blade and pledged to hold until her brother returned. In the chaos of the ensuing fight, Irelia was cursed with dark Noxian Necromancy.
As her life ebbed, Soraka, the Starchild, made a final attempt to anchor her fading soul. Unwilling to relinquish her home, Irelia rose at the brink of death, and her father's weapon lifted into the air alongside her. Irelia rushed back to the fore, unfazed by the blade's sudden animation. The weapon danced around her effortlessly, cutting down Noxians as they gaped in horror. The decimated invaders were forced to retreat from the Placidium, and Irelia was appointed Ionia's Captain of the Guard for her brave defense of her homeland.
|"The sword flourishes, as though painting with blood."|
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|IEM Season IX World Championship||1||2||1||1||50||15.8|
|IEM Season IX - Cologne||8||3||2||1||66.7||78.6|
|2014 World Championship||6||25||10||15||40||26.9|
|2014 Season China Regional Finals||5||8||6||2||75||86.7|
|2014 Season Korea Regional Finals||0||1||0||1||0||7.7|
Many abilities are meant to get champions within striking range of their foes. In these situations, we often add an attack command at the end of the ability so champions aren’t standing around awkwardly after closing in on an enemy. Based on how input queueing works in League, however, this attack command overwrites any attempt to queue a second ability during the original ability’s cast time. We’re modifying a bunch of abilities so the hidden attack command no longer overwrites spell queueing attempts, but will still work if a second ability isn’t cast. Let us know if you think we’ve left something off the list!
- THIS IS A BIT CONFUSING: Changed several interactions where abilities overwrote any spell queuing commands, instead forcing the caster to immediately begin basic-attacking once the ability completed.
- SO HERE’S AN EXAMPLE: If Pantheon tried to queue E - Heartseeker Strike during W - Aegis of Zeonia’s dash, he’d begin basic-attacking the target once Aegis of Zeonia completed instead of casting Heartseeker Strike.
- BUT WHAT ABOUT MY…: This change only affects the following abilities:
- Aatrox’s Q - Dark Descent
- Amumu’s Q - Bandage Toss
- Darius’s E - Apprehend
- Ekko’s E - Phase Dive and R - Chronobreak
- Elise’s Spider Q - Venomous Bite
- Evelynn’s E - Ravage
- Irelia’s Q - Bladesurge
- Kha’Zix’s Q - Taste Their Fear
- Kindred’s E - Mounting Dread
- Lee Sin’s Q - Resonating Strike
- Maokai’s W - Twisted Advance
- Pantheon’s W - Aegis of Zeonia
- Poppy’s E - Heroic Charge
- Rek’Sai’s R - Void Rush
- Talon’s Q - Noxian Diplomacy
Passive now adds tenacity based on how outnumbered Irelia’s team is, rather than how many enemies are nearby.
Irelia’s the type of against-all-odds champion who turns disadvantages into advantages. Stunning her opponents when they get ahead and shrugging off crowd control when surrounded lets her pull off surprising comebacks and flashy moments of aggression. Irelia is known for fighting off a Noxian invading force while fiercely outnumbered, but her passive isn’t currently hitting that tone; it just makes her generically hard to lock down in teamfights. Playing Irelia should feel like beating impossible odds, but when she’s surrounded by her team, she doesn’t have any odds to beat. Irelia’s passive will now track the number of allies as well as enemies, with a shorter range so your backline Xerath isn’t ruining your sick plays.
- DON'T STAND SO CLOSE TO ME: Champions within
1400⇒ 1000 range of Irelia count as nearby
- YOU'RE STUCK IN HERE WITH ME: No longer grants tenacity based solely on the number of nearby enemies
BRING MORE BAD GUYS: Now grants tenecity based on the number of nearby enemy champions compared to the number of nearby allied champions (Irelia counts as one ally)
- MORE OF US THAN THEM: 0% tenacity
- EVENLY MATCHED: 10% tenacity
- MORE OF THEM THAN US: 25/30/35/40% tenacity (at levels 1/6/11/16)
- TOOLTIP FIX: Fixed a tooltip bug where Transcendent Blades' scaling was incorrectly listed as 0.6 bonus attack damage, rather than 0.7 (actual value unchanged)
R cooldown up.
Irelia exhibits a classic duelist problem: her ult is back up before you can say “didn’t she just kill me with that?” With Trinity Force’s increased cooldown reduction, this experience has moved into “she killed me twice without recalling” territory. When Irelia can ult every second minion wave to avoid fighting her opponent (or just ult her opponent to avoid letting them be alive), finding the right window in which to punish her can be a ridiculous task. Those blades can transcend the laws of physics, but they shouldn’t be transcending downtime.
70/60/50 seconds⇒ 110/85/60 seconds
Q cost down, attack damage ratio up.
Irelia’s been struggling overall this season, but most notably she’s underperforming in matchups she should feel good about: ranged champions who struggle against her dive. The high sustain available to those champions has made it harder for her to contest enemy farming in lane, while their general tankiness has left her all-in feeling a bit too weak to finish them off. Irelia has the tools to farm at a distance before diving onto those champions, she just needs a bit more consistency as to how often and how efficiently she can do so.
- BASE MANA:
- MANA GROWTH STAT:
Patch Notes 5.6
E damage lowered. "Balance Trivia! Despite the 'Better Nerf Irelia' jokes, did you know her last nerf was 3 years ago (March 2012), and that she's only been nerfed 4 times ever? We thought that was neat. As for these changes, they're pretty light - Equilibrium Strike gives access to a heap of CC, easily turning a losing fight into a winning one. For being such a game-changer, we're lowering the amount of raw damage it does so she doesn't always come out of trades ahead."
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Bladesurge no longer fails to refresh or grant mana return when killing certain enemies
- Base health increased to 546 from 515
- Health per level increased to 90 from 85
- Base health regen per 5 increased to 7.5 from 6.5
- Base damage increased to 59.3 from 56.3
- Fixed a bug where Irelia was reducing the duration of Blinds and Silences by too much
- Fixed a bug around failing to fire any extra Transcendent Blades
- Hiten Style
- Passive health restore reduced to 5 / 7 / 9 / 11 / 13 from 10 / 14 / 18 / 11 / 26
- While active, health restore doubles to 10 / 14 / 18 / 22 / 26
- Transcendent Blades cooldown increased to 70 / 60 / 50 seconds from 60 / 50 / 40
- Fixed a particle issue with Transcendent Blades (Hotfixed 2/21)
- Transcendent Blades' allied ultimate HUD indicator will now remain green until all 4 spell casts are used
- Ionian Duelist now reduces silences and blinds, but no longer allows Irelia to walk through persistent slowing fields
- Irelia will now attempt to attack the target after dashing to an enemy champion with Bladesurge
- Bladesurge mana cost changed to 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 from 70 at all levels
- Transcendent Blades damage reduced to 80 / 120 / 160 from 85 / 135 / 185
- Transcendent Blades
- Now heals Irelia based on the actual damage dealt (instead of a percentage of the raw damage dealt), but the heal is not reduced if the damage is shielded
- Heal versus Champions increased to 25% from 20%
- Bladesurge damage reduced to 20 / 50 / 80 / 110 / 140 form 20 / 55 / 90 / 125 / 160
- Transcendent Blades
- Now heals for 10% vs minions and 20% vs champions
- Ability power ratio increased to 0.5 from 0.4
- Deals physical damage instead of magic damage
- Scales with attack damage and ability power
- Equilibrium Strike
- Damage reduced to 80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280 fro m80 / 135 / 190 / 245 / 300
- Cooldown reduced to 8 seconds from 9
- Ability power ratio reduced to 0.5 from 1.0
- Transcendent Blades damage reduced to 85 / 135 / 185 from 90 / 140 / 190
- Base health reduced to 515 from 575
- Movement speed reduced to 320 from 330
- Fixed a bug where the Transcendent Blades cooldown tooltip was incorrect
- Bladesurge cast range increased to 650 from 600
- Equilibrium Strike cast range increased to 425 from 375
- Transcendent Blades base damage increased to 90 / 140 / 190 from 80 / 130 / 180
- Title is now "The Will of the Blades" instead of "the Will of the Blades"
- October 27th - Stick Figure Spotlight V: Will of the Blades | League of Legends Community Collab by League of Legends
- December 9th - Play Irelia Like Challenger Player IreliaCarriesU by Gregor "Grecco" Schimautz (team-dignitas.net)