Jin Air Green Wings
|Jin Air Green Wings|
|Coaches:||Han Sang-yong (한상용)|
Chun Jung-hee (전정희)
|Social Media Links|
|Share this Page|
Jin Air Green Wings is a Korean a professional gaming team and is one of the seven KeSPA teams. Originally, it was formed in November 2011 as a StarCraft: Brood War team when three Proleague teams - Hwaesung Oz, WeMade FOX and MBCGame HERO - disbanded, and was simply known as the 8th Team initially until South Korean budget airline Jin Air became its title sponsor in July 2013. It has a proud StarCraft, with its alumni including Lee Jae-Dong.
Jin Air Green Wings was formed when Jin Air Green Wings Falcons and Stealths merged in compliance with the LCK Rules at the end of 2014. The team's initial roster include TrAce, Chaser, Winged, GBM, Cpt Jack, Pilot, XD and Chei.
In 2015 LCK Spring, the team finished 4th in the round robin stage and 4th in the playoffs, losing to CJ Entus (0-3) in the first round. In 2015 Summer, on the other hand, the team did not even make it to the playoffs, as they finished 6th with a 10W-8L standing. They, however, earned enough points to make it to the 2015 LCK Regional Qualifiers but lost against kt Rolster (1-3) in the Finals after winning against NaJin e-mFire and CJ Entus in the first and second rounds respectively.
Moving on, the team competed in the 2015 LoL KeSPA Cup. But prior to this, GBM has already left the team and so Kuzan became the starting Mid Laner. In said tournament, the team finished at 5th-8th place, winning over Incredible Miracle in Round of 12 but losing against CJ Entus in the Quarterfinals. The team then played at IEM X San Jose, but their run was cut short as they lost to Counter Logic Gaming (0-2) in the Semifinals.After IEM, Chaser and Cpt Jack left the team to join Longzhu Gaming for the 2016 Season. Winged, who was the substitute Jungler then stepped up to replace Chaser, while Pilot also became the starting AD Carry for the team.
The team's results for 2016 Spring was almost the same as their 2015 results. They finished 3rd in the round robin stage but failed to make it to the Finals, as they lost to SK Telecom T1 in the 2nd round of the gauntlet after winning over Afreeca Freecs. In 2016 Summer, they did not make it to the playoffs but the team had the chance to make it to the 2016 World Championship through the Regional Qualifiers. Then again, the team failed to make it out after losing to Afreeca Freecs in the first round of the tournament. Their KeSPA Cup results did not show any improvement as well. Just like the 2015 Cup, they ended the 2016 LoL KeSPA Cup at 5th-8th place, winning over Longzhu Gaming but losing against ROX Tigers.
In the off season, TrAce, Pilot, Chei, Sweet and Blanc parted ways with the team, leaving Kuzan, Winged and Teddy, who joined the team prior to KeSPA Cup, on the roster. The team then signed Raise, Team ROCCAT's former support player. However, this was followed by Winged's departure from the team. They then signed ikssu, SnowFlower and UmTi to fill the emptied spots and complete their roster for the 2017 Season.
- Jin Air has featured members of its StarCraft II team on one of its jets - specifically, a Boeing 737-800 that flies between Kimpo and Jeju.
|ikssu||Jeon Ik-soo (전익수)||Top||Signed|
|Umti||Um Sung-hyeon (엄성현)||Jungle||Signed|
|Kuzan||Lee Seong-hyuk (이성혁)||Mid||Renewed|
|Teddy||Park Jin-sung (박진성)||AD||Signed|
|SnowFlower||No Hoei-jong (노회종)||Support||Signed|
|Winged||Park Tae Jin (박태진)||Jungle|
|TrAce||Yeo Chang-dong (여창동)||Top|
|Pilot||Na Woo-Hyung (나우형)||AD|
|Chei||Choi Sun-ho (최선호)||Support|
|Blanc||Jin Sung-min (진성민)||Mid|
|Sweet||Lee Eun-teak (이은택)||Support|
|Chaser||Lee Sang-hyun (이상현)||Jungle|
|Cpt Jack||Kang Hyung-woo (강형우)||AD|
|GBM||Lee Chang-seok (이창석)||Mid|
|In Premier Tournaments|
|2016-11-14||5 - 8th||2016 LoL KeSPA Cup||1 : 2||
|2016-08-29||NQ||2016 LCK Regional Qualifer||2 : 3||
|2016-08-06||7th||2016 LCK Summer Split||7 - 11||Group Stage/Round Robin (W/L)||₩ 10,000,000|
|2016-04-15||4th||2016 LCK Spring Playoffs||1 : 3||
SK Telecom T1
|2016-04-09||4th||2016 LCK Spring Split||10 - 8||Group Stage/Round Robin (W/L)|
|In Premier Tournaments|
|2015-11-22||3 - 4th||IEM X San Jose||0 : 2||
Counter Logic Gaming
|2015-11-09||5 - 8th||2015 LoL KeSPA Cup||0 : 2||
|2015-09-05||NQ||2015 LCK Regional Qualifiers||1 : 3||
|2015-08-13||6th||2015 LCK Summer Split||10 : 8||Group Stage/Round Robin (W/L)||₩ 10,000,000|
|2015-04-17||4th||2015 LCK Spring Playoffs||0 : 3||
|2015-04-11||4th||2015 LCK Spring Round Robin||7 : 7||Group Stage/Round Robin (W/L)|
- January 13th - Coach Han Sang-yong, Yeo “TrAce” Chang-dong - “Please support us always. Expectations? Moderately“ with Inven (translated by @xoprestige) (Original Article)
- November 1st - VIDEO: 2016 KESPA Cup Teaser - Jin Air Green Wings by eSportsTV
- November 2nd - CJ, SKT, Jin Air make roster changes ahead of KeSPA Cup by Emily Rand (thescoreesports.com)
- March 5th - READY FOR TAKEOFF: THE JIN AIR GREEN WINGS by Emily "LynnMinmay" Rand
- Riot fines Umti, four LCK coaches and orders them to complete community service for saying bad words slingshotesports.com
- Jin Air GReen Wings' Facebook Post facebook.com
- Raise's Facebook Post facebook.com
- Team ROCCAT’s support Raise to join Jin Air’s League of Legends team slingshotesports.com
- Jin Air Green Wings' Facebook Post facebook.com
- Jin Air's Facebook Post facebook.com
- Jin Air Green Wings' Facebook Update facebook.com
- Jin Air Greenwing's Facebook Post facebook.com
- [별들의 전쟁 시작! LoL 챔피언스 코리아 프리시즌 로스터 공개 inven.co.kr