LMQ is a Chinese competitive League of Legends team, previously a sister team to Royal Club. The team moved to North America on December 15th, 2013 and is currently competing in the North American Coke Zero Challenger Series.
The team currently competes under the name LMQ iBUYPOWER in representation of their sponsor, iBUYPOWER.
LMQ was formed in July 2013 after merging portions of the rosters of Team Livemore and Royal Club Tian Ci: Dreams, F1sh, and Wayoff from the former; Mor, NoName, TS, XiaoWeiXiao, and PandaB from the latter. LMQ competed in the summer split of the 2013 Tencent League of Legends Pro League (LPL); despite taking a game off the Season 3 runner-up Royal Club, LMQ finished with a disappointing 8-13 record in sixth place.
In November 2013, after the Season 3 World Championship, F1sh and PandaB moved to LMQ's sister team, Royal Club. At that month's National Electronic Sports Tournament, LMQ went 2-1 in the tournament's group stage after downing CC Club and Team WE Academy while falling to the parent Team WE. In the bracket stage, LMQ lost 1-2 to the tournament favorite and eventual winner OMG, but rebounded in a 2-0 victory against Royal Club in the third place match.
On December 15th, 2013, LMQ left its parent organization Tian Ci and obtained a new sponsor in iBUYPOWER. With the assistance of its new sponsor, LMQ moved to North America to take advantage of the superior esports infrastructure. At this point, Dreams and Wayoff left the team, to be replaced by Royal Club top laner GoDlike, who renamed to ackerman.
In January 2014, LMQ made their way atop the North American 5v5 Challenger tier and earned an invite to the official Riot-sponsored Challenger Series, also known as the Coke League. In their North American debut, LMQ went 8-0 and beat compLexity.Black 2-0 in the finals. By finishing first, LMQ received 9 Challenger Series Points and earned a berth in the second series. There, in March, LMQ went 4-1 on their way to a 2-0 win in the finals against Cloud 9 Tempest, thus clinching the top overall seed in the Challenger Series playoffs to be held later in the season.
While competing in the second Challenger Series, LMQ was also offered an invite to the North American Challenger League (NACL) Season 2 Qualifiers, where they went undefeated and secured a spot in the league. During the league's regular season, LMQ went 18-4 without a losing record against any team. During the March playoffs, LMQ defeated Cloud 9 Tempest 2-1 in the semifinals and moved on to face Team 8 in the tournament's grand finals. LMQ won the final series 3-1 and became NACL champions.
- Rumor has it that "LMQ" means "Lan Mei Qi", which is the name of the mistress of LMQ's founder, entrepreneur Tian Ci.
- LMQ owner Eno Li has professed his desire to bring star AD carry Uzi to North America from Royal Club.
- July 5th, Tian Ci acquires the Livemore and Royal Club Tian Ci roster and forms LMQ Tian Ci. Dreams, Mor, NoName, Wayoff, F1sh, TS, XiaoWeiXiao and PandaB join.
- November 2nd, F1sh and PandaB leave.
- November 10th, 3rd place at National Electronic Sports Tournament
- December 15th, LMQ moves to North America. Dreams and Wayoff leave. GoDlike (now ackerman) joins.
- December 17th, iBUYPOWER sponsors LMQ.
||Xiang 'Alex' Gu
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Chinese professional LoL team LMQ Tian Ci moves to NA with new title sponsor iBUYPOWER ongamers.com