|Birthday:||March 13, 1990|
|Peak League:||Challenger I (NA)|
|Alternate IDs:||coL Lautemortis, ScarraMortis, IVIovingTarget, LgN Lautemortis|
|Social Media Links|
|Share this Page|
Tyler "Lautemortis" Nicholls is a professional American League of Legends player who was previously the jungler for compLexity. He is currently teamless.
Lautemortis was born and raised in Boise, Idaho, where he attended Centennial High School. He graduated from Boise State University in 2012 with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. He has been playing video games ever since he was 4 years old. During his teenage years Lautemortis had played Halo 2 very seriously, but fell just short of his competitive aspirations. After some convincing from his friends, Lautemortis picked up League of Legends in mid 2010, shortly after the League of Legends beta had ended.
Lautemortis is famous for his very aggressive and gank focused style of play, often choosing champions that offer lots of crowd control and utility. He is renown for his risky ganks, often being found ganking from behind the other turrets even in the early stages of the game. Lautemortis became known in Seasons 1 and 2 for his
Maokai play. During his time with compLexity Gaming, he has been known for his tanky jungle playstyle, favoring champions such as
Nasus, jungles with utility such as
Jarvan IV, and early on in the LCS Season 3 Spring Split for unconventional picks such as
League of Legends Career
Lautemortis would pick up League of Legends shortly after the beta had ended. After reaching level 30, Laute quickly adopt the jungling role, mostly playing
Fiddlesticks due to their sustain abilities. During his rank journeys, Lautemortis would teamup with future RFLX Gaming teammate PR0LLY. Together, the two players were able to quickly climb the ranked solo queue ladder, quickly reaching platinum shortly after teaming up together.
Two weeks before 2011 MLG Providence, RFLX Gaming approached both PR0LLY and Lautemortis to play top and jungle for them, hoping to get a full team ready to compete in the tournament. With PR0LLY and Lautemortis joining the team, RFLX Gaming would go through strongly in the MLG Providence Qualifiers, taking out v8 Esports 2-0 and Bro Fist Gaming 2-1 to qualify for the quarterfinals of the qualifier. There, Lautemortis and RFLX would fall to Counter Logic Gaming Prime. However, during the series CLG elected to use Lapaka from Absolute Legends NA to replace their jungler a Lilac who had passed out during the qualifiers. As Lapaka was playing in the qualifiers under Absolute Legends at the time, CLG had broken the Major League Gaming rules and were subsequently disqualified. Due to this series of events, Lautemortis and RFLX Gaming would advance into the Top 4, qualifying for the tournament. Unfortunately, RFLX Gaming would fall to Team SoloMid 0-2 in the first round of the winner's bracket, dropping down to the loser's bracket where they would be eliminated from the event by Team Dignitas 0-2.
Lautemortis would enter the IPL Face Off: San Francisco Showdown with Team Legion as a dark horse of the tournament. Matched up against mTw.NA in the first round, many considered Team Legion the underdogs heading into their first match. However, Team Legion would be able to pull out a 2-1 victory over mTw.NA, shocking many of the spectators of the event. Advancing to the next round, Lautemortis and his team would face off against the highly esteemed Chinese powerhouse Team WE. Continuing with his signature aggressive jungling style, Lautemortis and his team would be able to clench a 2-1 victory, upsetting the heavy favorites. Unfortunately, Team Legion would have their run cut short by Team SoloMid, being eliminated from the winner's bracket in the fourth round and dropping to the loser's bracket final. There, despite an impressive showing from Team Legion, Lautemortis and his team would fall to Curse Gaming 1-2 in a close series. Lautemortis would end the event with the third place finish. LgN would disband in October.
Laute would form team She Said She Was Level 18 with solo queue friends which later became The Brunch Club after playing and qualifying for a spot for the upcoming new competitive league at LCS Season 3 Spring Qualifiers, the team would be picked up by compLexity Gaming.
The Spring NA LCS fared to be a tough 10 weeks for the coL team although getting a revitalized roster with the add of his former teammate, PR0LLY to their mid lane. They would not be able to make it into the playoffs forcing them to relegations to win back their spot. They faced off against Quantic Gaming to battle back into the LCS but lost 0-2.
The team life after LCS fared extremely well for Lautemortis and his team who thrived in the amateur scene, becoming a top competitor at various events and tournaments.
In October 2013, it was announced that he would step down from the team as their jungler and captain, due to family reasons.
- Some of his favorite games include Pokemon, Portal, and Morrowind.
- Is one of the first openly gay LoL pros
- Throughout Season 1 and 2 he was regarded as a distinguished
Alistar player on the North American ladder.
- Enjoys playing indoor soccer
- Names his masteries pages after hit singles by the pop artist Katy Perry
- Has a pet Rammus hat that he pets while he plays in tournaments.
- Prefers picking more Tanky/support junglers over bruisers.
- Wore a Crocodile hat at the 2013 LCS Spring Promotion Tournament in remembrance of his father, who had passed away a year prior.
- Likes to watch the television show "Glee" with his teammates
|2013-09-01||PAX 2013 Spring Promotion Qualifier|| |
compLexity Gaming 2 : 0
|2013-08-20||MOBAFire Challenger Series Season 1 Regular Season|| |
12 : 1 Group Stage W/L
|2013-06-30||2013 MLG Spring Championship Promotion|| |
1 : 2
|2012-08-12||IPL Face Off: San Francisco Showdown|| |
1 : 2
|2011-11-20||2011 MLG Providence|| |
0 : 2
- December 17th - Lautemortis Interview on the New Jungle and RFLX with ggChronicle
- August 12th - LGN Lautemortis - IPL San Francisco Facedown (video) with State of the League
- August 15th - LgN Lautemortis back from IPL AMA with Reddit
- August 17th - Sheen Procs, Episode 3 - The Lautemortis Interview with Sheen Procs
- August 21st - Road to PAX: Tyler "Lautemortis" Nicholls with SK Gaming
- September 9th - Lautemortis AMA with Reddit
- January 10th - Lautemortis Tells You How to Build Junglers in Season 3 with Team Dignitas
- January 13th - We are the Brunch Club we are the 7th team Qualifed for NA Season 3 AMA with Reddit
- January 13th - Chuuper and Lautemortis talk about making it into the LCS (video) with Gamespot
- January 28th - LCS NA Interview: NickWu and Lautemortis of The Brunch Club (video) with MOBAFire
- February 4th - Lautemortis League AMA with compLexity Gaming
- February 11th - compLexity's Lautemortis Interview - LCS Season 3 (video) with compLexity Gaming
- February 13th - Interiview with CompLexity’s Lautemortis with ESFI World
- February 28th - coL.Lautemortis: "We realized how much practice was required..." with compLexity Gaming
- March 15th - Travis talks to compLexity Gaming after playing Dignitas at MLG (video) with GameSpot
- March 16th - LCS Week 5 (MLG Dallas) - Complexity's Lautemortis "We beat all these teams in scrims." (video) with Leaguepedia
- April 4th - Prolly and Lautemortis talk about the new compLexity Team (video) with GameSpot
- April 5th - LCS Week 8 - coL Lautemortis "I think CLG would've won if it weren't for that Level 1" (video) with Leaguepedia
- April 5th - Nickwu and Lautemortis interviewed at LCS NA W8D2 with RiotGames
- April 17th - League of Legends LCS WK10 - Lautemortis - coL vs. Dignitas & GGU (video) with MachinimaVS
- April 20th - Lautemortis discusses Complexity's situation post BrunchU retirement (video) with GameSpot
- April 28th - Lautemortis shares thoughts on Day 1 Matches and Chuuper Updates (video) with GameSpot
- May 31st - Liaison with Lautemortis: Being a Pro with LoLEsports
- June 24th - compLexity MegaZero Interviews Lautemortis (video) with compLexity
- June 29th - Lautemortis talks Frosted Cupcakes, Chu Chu Train, and Aware (video) with GameSpot
- September 2nd - Lautemortis and Megazero discuss their Challenger Tournament (video) with GameSpot
- September 17th - Lautemortis and Megazero on Visiting the World's Studio (video) with OnGamers
- October 22nd - Rift Talk #6 - Tyler "Lautemortis" Nicholls (video) with Rift Talk