Lulu - The Fae Sorceress
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|HP Regen:||5.0 (+0.6)|
|Mana Regen:||11 (+0.6)|
|Attack Damage:||44.4 (+2.6)|
|Attack Speed:||0.625 (+2.25%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+0)|
|Lore:||Perhaps more than any other Yordle, Lulu marches to the beat of her own drum. During her youth in Bandle City, she spent most of her time wandering alone in the forest or lost in a daydream. It wasn't that she was antisocial; the day-to-day bustle of Bandle City just couldn't compete with the vibrant world of her imagination. She saw wonder in places most people overlooked. This was how she found Pix, a fae spirit, pretending to be stuck in a birdhouse. Lulu's imagination distinguished her to Pix and he seized the opportunity to lure her into his world. He brought her to the Glade, the enchanted home of the fae, which lay nestled in a clearing in the woods. There the rigid properties of the outside world - things like size and color - changed as frequently and whimsically as the direction of the wind. Lulu felt at home in the Glade and she lingered there with Pix, fascinated by this secret place.
She quickly lost track of time. Her life in the Glade was comfortable and natural. She and Pix played fae games together, the sorts of games that she had been told were make believe... and she got exceedingly good at them. It caught her by surprise when she suddenly remembered that she had left a life behind in Bandle City. The Glade had a way of making everything outside seem distant and surreal. Lulu decided to revisit her former home, to share some of the lovely things she'd learned, but when she and Pix returned the world had changed. Time, she discovered, was another property that behaved differently in the Glade, and centuries had passed while she was away. Lulu sought to reconnect to the residents of the outside world but her attempts had unfortunate results. She led all the children off to play hide and seek, temporarily changing them into flowers and animals to spice up the game, but their parents didn't appreciate her efforts. When the Yordles insisted that she leave their land, she left to seek out a vibrant magical place where those with unusual gifts were not just accepted but adored.
| "The best path between two points is upside-down, between, then inside-out and round again."
- Lulu, the Fae Sorceress
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|IEM Season IX World Championship||9||6||5||1||83.3||78.9|
|2014 World Championship||2||15||5||10||33.3||21.8|
|2014 Season China Regional Finals||0||1||0||1||0||6.7|
|2014 NA LCS Summer Playoffs||2||17||6||11||35.3||65.5|
|2014 Season Korea Regional Finals||0||3||0||3||0||23.1|
- Lulu's running animation has been restored on all skins
- Winter Wonder Lulu'x Pix attack VFX have been re-snow-ified
Glitterlance slow now lasts the intended duration.
In Patch 6.13, we made a few changes to Lulu, including increasing Glitterlance’s slow at lower levels. That slow increase was not in effect, so we’re updating Glitterlance with our previous intent.
W cooldown reduced. Bonus attack speed increased.
The last time we looked at Lulu, we took some efforts to dial back on her ability to nullify the solo laning phase. After waiting a bit for the dust to settle, we’re comfortable with where her laning phase is but feel she could use some power back. We’re sharpening her identity as “enchanter for auto-attack based carries” by ensuring that she - and her allies - feel the impact of her buffs with higher frequency.
18/16.5/15/13.5/12 seconds⇒ 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
- BONUS ATTACK SPEED:
- Fixed a stretching issue with Pool Party Lulu’s hat during her death animation
Q damage on additional targets decreased. W grants bonus attack speed.
Historically, our previous changes to nerf solo Lulu for her competitive viability led to her support play being underwhelming. The problem lies in the fact that both mid and support Lulu value the same things: decent waveclear while enhancing and protecting allies. To be clear, we don’t want to eliminate solo lane Lulu. Players finding novel ways to explore the strengths of champions is part of what makes League of Legends great. That being said, support Lulu deserves some love as well. We’re directly enhancing what makes her a worthwhile support pick but at the same time making sure these buffs don’t spill into top and mid unchecked. This way, Lulu offers reasonable value wherever she goes.
- BASE MANA:
- BASE MOVEMENT SPEED:
- LESS LANCE MORE GLITTER: Damage now falls to 70% against targets hit beyond the first
- SLOW DURATION:
1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds⇒ 2 seconds at all ranks
- ON A WHIM: Now also grants 15/20/25/30/35% attack speed for the duration
- Pool Party Lulu's W - Polymorph victims now properly identify themselves as Seals in chat, rather than Cupcakes
W's ability power ratio and ally duration decreased.
In many ways, Lulu single-handedly popularized the term ‘flex-pick’. A powerful champion since launch, Lulu’s been a contested champion in professional play across multiple seasons. Her flexibility combined with the raw utility she can pump into her team’s hyper-carry are unique and interesting strategic niches in their own right, but they also combine to make her one of the most comprehensive support generalists of the group. Generally speaking, we’re okay with Lulu occupying this spot, we just want to make her slightly less overwhelmingly viable than “always.” .
- BASE MANA REGEN:
- Fixed a bug where Lulu became unable to attack if E - Help, Pix! was attached to an ally with insanely high attack speed
Patch Notes 5.18
Less health per level, but Pix can now double-apply Spellthief's gold passive. "Ever the solo-lane staple, Lulu’s personal safety is a tad high for her reliability as a team-enabler. We’re targeting her health to make her more vulnerable (personal vulnerability being a slightly more important stat for solo lane Lulu than duo) before she starts pumping out high-powered shields and kiting the universe. To compensate (a bit), we’re adding in a nice benefit for support Lulu’s income."
- HEALTH GROWTH STAT:
- HEALTH GROWTH STAT:
- Passive - Pix, Faerie Companion
- PIXPOCKET: Pix can now trigger Tribute (from the Spellthief item line) once per Lulu’s basic attack
Patch Notes 5.10
Base mana regeneration is up, but mana regen per level is down slightly. "Trying to throw some love to support Lulu without just cranking up solo-lane Lulu, who we think is in a pretty decent spot."
- BASE MANA REGENERATION:
- MANA REGENERATION GROWTH STAT:
- BASE MANA REGENERATION:
Patch Notes 4.13
Lulu's Glitterlance slow no longer scales with ability power, and Whimsy's movement speed buff duration now scales with rank. Whimsy also costs less at later levels. "We initially thought solo lane Lulu was a unique addition to the game, so we wanted to let her stay a viable pick in both solo and duo lanes. That said, top lane Lulu is currently shutting down a lot of diversity in competitive play and, because Lulu's solo lane and support power are tied so closely together, we had to go for changes that reduce her oppressive strengths first. As an aside, we know this isn't a great situation where we keep indirectly reducing support Lulu's power to maintain her viability as a mage, so this is something we'll have to really consider for the future."
- Q - Glitterlance
- "REMOVED" MIGHT AS WELL BE A SNARE: Glitterlance's slow decay no longer scales with ability power
Patch Notes 4.5
Help, Pix!'s duration of staying on an enemy has been reduced (ally duration remains unaffected). Casting Help, Pix! on an allied minion no longer gives that minion a shield but still puts Pix on the minion. Help, Pix! deals less base damage at higher ranks. "When we made our 2014 Season changes to supports, we wanted to make them feel good about buying AP items. For most supports we gave them forms of additional utility with smaller gains in damage, but Lulu ended up getting a lot in both categories. We actually like mid Lulu, but want to make sure that the reasons for choosing her weren't due to her low-interaction (and high-obnoxiousness) lane harass pattern where she can get instant damage with Help, Pix! before following it up with two high-powered guaranteed Glitterlances. Choosing Lulu as a solo mage champion over being a duo-lane support should come with strategic tradeoffs, but many players were choosing her regardless of team composition or enemy matchups. Ultimately we had to hit some of Lulu's high offensive power, but we're also committed to ensuring this doesn't have a huge impact on support Lulu (who actually comes with tradeoffs like no guaranteed farm or gold generation), so we'll look at ways to help support Lulu if she comes out too weak because of these changes."
Patch Notes 3.15
Summary: Pix, Faerie Companion had its base damage increased, Help, Pix!'s base shield strength was increased and Wild Growth's mana cost was lowered. "Lulu's defensive capabilities were a little low for a traditional support, so we sent her to the gym to get buff. Like most supports, we're keeping an eye on Lulu as the preseason progresses."
- Passive - Pix, Faerie Companion
- Base damage increased to 9/21/33/45/57/69/81/93/105 (from 9/18/27/36/45/54/63/72/81)
- E - Help, Pix!
- Base shield strength increased to 80/120/160/200/240 (from 60/105/150/195/240)
- R - Wild Growth
- Mana Cost reduced to 100 at all ranks (from 150 at all ranks)
Patch Notes 3.14
Summary: Several aspects of Lulu's kit are being adjusted to scale with ability power in this patch. The damage of Pix, Faerie Companion, Glitterlance's minimum slow decay and Whimsy's movement speed boost now all scale with AP. However, we did remove the AP bonus from Whimsy and slightly lowered its base movement speed buff. Context: As with the other supports, our goal with Lulu is to focus on utility, not damage. The changes that best demonstrate this philosophy are the buffs to Pix, Faerie Companion and Whimsy. These better highlight Lulu's ability to bolster high attack speed allies and grant large speed boosts where needed. With Glitterlance, we wanted to improve her slow as she gained additional ability power, but didn't want to alter her strong base value.
- Passive - Pix, Faerie Companion
- Added a 0.15 Ability Power ratio
- Base damage reduced to 9 / 18 / 27 / 36 / 45 / 54 / 63 / 72 / 81 (+0.15 Ability Power) (from 9 / 21 / 33 / 45 / 57 / 69 / 81 / 93 / 105 (+0 Ability Power)
- Q – Glitterlance
- Rather than decaying to 0% over a certain duration, the slow now decays to 1% per 7.5 Ability Power over its duration
- W – Whimsy
- Movement Speed bonus now scales at +1% per 10 Ability Power (0.1 AP Ratio)
- Removed the Ability Power boost
- Base movement speed increase reduced to 30% (from 35%)
- E - Help Pix!
- Offensive damage Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.4 (from 0.6)
- Mana per level increased to 55 from 50
- Mana cost increased to 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 from 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80
- When cast after Help, Pix!, Glitterlance no longer gains an increased area of effect size against the target of Help, Pix!
- Whimsy no longer interrupts enemy movement abilities that are already in progress
- Pix, Faerie Companion
- Damage adjusted to 9-105 from 15-87
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Fixed a bug where Lulu's autoattack could be interrupted by Pix
- Bug fixed with Wild Growth where it would not complete its effects if the allied target was about to take lethal damage at the time of casting
- Damage adjusted to 80 / 125 / 170 / 215 / 260 from 80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280
- Ability power ratio reduced to 0.5 from 0.6
- Ability power ratio reduced to 0.6 from 0.7
- Mana cost increased at later ranks to 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 from 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60
- Wild Growth tooltip updated to reflect knock up ability rather than knock back
- Fixed a display error for Lulu's passive - passive now correctly states how much damage Pix is doing.
- Fixed a bug where Pix could remain helping an ally after it had returned to Lulu.
- Fixed a bug where Lulu was taking damage credit while Pix was aiding an ally.