Lux - The Lady of Luminosity
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|Real Name:||Luxanna Crownguard|
|HP Regen:||4.5 (+0.55)|
|Mana Regen:||6 (+0.8)|
|Attack Damage:||50 (+3.3)|
|Attack Speed:||0.625 (+1.36%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+0)|
Lux, The Lady of Luminosity is a ranged support AP carry with good supportive capabilities as well as burst damage. Her passive Illumination grants her spells a mark, which can be activated with autoattacks for bonus damage. Her Q Light Binding is a skillshot that snares the first two enemy units it hits. W Prismatic Barrier is a skillshot that shields allied champions, both on outward journey and inward. E Lucent Singularity shoots an AoE orb that slows and reveals, which can be detonated to deal damage. Her ultimate Final Spark is a long-ranged laser that activates her passive and deals heavy damage. Her Q is quite easy to avoid, but if you are caught by it Lux can use all her abilities to follow up for huge burst damage. Her ultimate's as well as other abilities' cooldowns get very low with CDR, this not only helps her deal more damage but grants her more utility too in the late-game. Commonly played in the mid lane, although she can be a successful support too.
|Lore:||Born to the prestigious Crownguards, the paragon family of Demacian service, Luxanna was destined for greatness. She grew up as the family's only daughter, and she immediately took to the advanced education and lavish parties required of families as high profile as the Crownguards. As Lux matured, it became clear that she was extraordinarily gifted. She could play tricks that made people believe they had seen things that did not actually exist. She could also hide in plain sight. Somehow, she was able to reverse engineer arcane magical spells after seeing them cast only once. She was hailed as a prodigy, drawing the affections of the Demacian government, military, and citizens alike.
As one of the youngest women to be tested by the College of Magic, she was discovered to possess a unique command over the powers of light. The young Lux viewed this as a great gift, something for her to embrace and use in the name of good. Realizing her unique skills, the Demacian military recruited and trained her in covert operations. She quickly became renowned for her daring achievements; the most dangerous of which found her deep in the chambers of the Noxian High Command. She extracted valuable inside information about the Noxus-Ionian conflict, earning her great favor with Demacians and Ionians alike. However, reconnaissance and surveillance was not for her. A light of her people, Lux's true calling was to use her gifts as an inspiration for all of Demacia.
| "Her guiding light makes enemies wary, but they should worry most when the light fades."
- Garen, the Might of Demacia
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|2014 LPL Summer Playoffs||0||2||1||1||50||16.7|
|2014 EU LCS Summer Playoffs||0||1||0||1||0||3.8|
|2014 LPL Summer Regular Season||0||3||1||2||33.3||2.7|
|2014 GPL Summer Playoffs||1||4||1||3||25||16.7|
|2014 NA LCS Summer Regular Season||0||1||0||1||0||0.9|
R refunds part of its cooldown if it kills a champion.
Lux is great at picking off enemy champions, thanks in no small part to Final Spark. However, the high cooldowns on her kit mean that even when she's sniped a priority target, Lux is left without enough tools to reliably convert that pick-off into a greater advantage. This can lead to scenarios where Lux stalls out a game without the firepower to actually close it out. When Lux really nails her fights, she'll be rewarded with a faster recharge on her most threatening tool so she and her team can more immediately press the lead.
- If Final Spark kills an enemy champion, 10/30/50% of its remaining cooldown is refunded I'M INSANE TO BEGIN WITH:
Patch Notes 7.6
Lux VO Expansion
- Fixed a bug where Elementalist Lux’s E - Lucent Singularity had no particles for its inner orb
We've heard feedback around the clarity of Elementalist Lux's visuals, and have a few changes to address those concerns.
- E - Lucent Singularity’s missile has been adjusted to better distinguish it from Elementalist Lux’s other effects. It’s now primarily swirling ribbons of light.
- Adjusted W - Prismatic Barrier’s shield visuals on several forms to maintain similar levels of brightness and noise
- Warning indicator on R - Final Spark adjusted to be immediately visible on-cast, rather than brightening over the duration
- Fixed an issue where the tails of Fire form Elementalist Lux's dress disappeared during some animations
- Star Guardian Lux's wand no longer gets briefly stuck at the max range of W - Prismatic Barrier
- Repositioned Elementalist Lux's animated splash in Champion Select on the updated client
- Elementalist Lux's Origin loading screen border is no longer obfuscated by ranked borders
- Implemented colorblind improvements for Elementalist Lux's Fire and Magma form W - Prismatic Barrier shields
- Fixed a few bugs with Elementalist Lux's transformation menu
- Fixed a gap in Elementalist Lux's Fire form flame collar VFX
- Properly synchronized the Elementalist ward skin's despawn audio with its visuals
Concerns around color-blind readability prompted us to look into Final Spark’s indicator, and we realized it could stand to be easier to read in general.
E’s slow increased.
Compared to her game-ending burst combos, Lux is weakest while charging her lasers early on. While we’re happy with her power curve overall, we’re aiming to toss some love where to help enforce the non-damaging parts of Lux’s identity - namely, her strong kiting. While we’re going light on the changes, the added bit of disruption on her earliest rank-up should see the Lady of Luminosity able to secure more getaways from anyone looking to knock her lights out.
Passive damage up. Q damage down.
Lux isn’t struggling too hard these days, and yet her success tapers off at higher levels of play. We’re giving a bit of a nudge to the skilled Lux players out there by shifting power into successful spell-weaving instead of single spell-hits. This shouldn’t rock the boat for the average player (as activating your passive just once at level 6 breaks even on damage), but rewards Luxes who optimize their combos.
18-154 (at levels 1-18)⇒ 18-190 (at levels 1-18)
- Fixed a visual bug where Lux could sometimes appear to cast multiple R - Final Sparks in rapid succession. Only the final Final Spark was real! Ghost lasers should no longer appear.
W missile speed up.
We’re pretty happy with how 6.6’s changes to Prismatic Barrier are playing out, but it seems we went a little too far in hampering Lux’s personal safety. This change won’t affect its use on allies all that much, but should make firing your shield and running away from danger feel more responsive.
- W - Prismatic Barrier
- THROWBACK: Prismatic Barrier is slightly slower as it goes out, but is much faster on return (overall faster from 6.6)
W gives more benefit if you've been double-hit, but less shield on single-hits. Missile now slower on the way out, faster back in.
The mechanics of this can be a bit complicated, so let’s break down what’s happening. Currently, Lux gives a shield for her allies, and then immediately rewrites that shield on return. This means that in a vast majority of cases, you’re only giving one shield - since the first one you gave was refreshed almost immediately. With this change, not only is it easier to actually hit your allies, but they get more benefit when you do! That’s the good news. So it’s all pretty good for Lux. Unless you’re the Lux, in which case you now have a worse shield that takes longer to get to you (that’s the bad news). What gives? Well, Lux’s safety, damage, utility and range are all top-notch. Readers of the patch notes may look at that list and say ‘Hey, that’s a lot of strengths’. And you’d be right - rebalancing the shield is our chance to give Lux an actual weakness to all-ins and assassins without removing the reasons to pick her entirely. Now Lux will just have to play a lot more carefully and patiently around those incredible ranges she’s packing if she expects to get the same results as before.
- W - Prismatic Barrier
- IT’S BETTER FOR YOUR ALLIES: Refreshes on second hit ⇒ Stacks and refreshes on second hit
- IT'S LIKE A BOOMERANG: Missile speed is slower on the way out, but accelerates back to Lux faster after reaching max range
- SHIELD AMOUNT:
0.35 ability power⇒ 0.2 ability power
- Ability icons updated.
- BASE MANA:
- MANA GROWTH STAT:
Patch Notes 5.17
Q cost down. Has 100% effectiveness on secondary targets. "As one of the more fair champions in League of Legends, Lux was feeling a little left out to the midlane party when all these longer-range mages started showin’ up and controlling fights. Light Binding’s really aligned with what Lux is looking to do (that is, catch opponents off guard and blast them into the next season), so we’re upping the rewards for being successful, as well as enabling her to ‘fish’ with it more as a way to keep opponents on their toes." Q - Light Binding
50/60/70/80/90 mana⇒ 50/55/60/65/70 mana
- THE LIGHT SHALL BURN YOU: Light Binding deals 100% of its damage and root to the secondary target as well
Patch Notes 5.12
W shields immediately. E gains a bunch of feel improvements. "Lux's changes this patch are more on the 'feel improvement' side of the spectrum than raw numbers tuning. Abilities that require a second cast to detonate have historically been more difficult to use for players that aren't in low-ping environments, so we're adding a 'pre-detonate' option (similar to Gragas' Barrel Roll and Ziggs' Satchel Charge) to Lucent Singularity, as well making Prismatic Barrier shield her instantly to pull off the same quick self-block plays that other champions with shields can."
Patch Notes 5.6
R does more damage when popping Lux's passive. (This was always intended, but not always functional) "When we gave Illumination an AP ratio way back in 4.13, it worked when your basic attacks triggered it but never for Final Spark. For all you light mages out there: this adds a 20% AP ratio when banishing the shadows."
Patch Notes 4.13
Everyone get excited for the Lux buff! At early levels this might be a slight reduction to her damage, but as soon as Lux picks up some AP, it'll start scaling much better. "We thought Lux needed some extra help scaling into the late game, so..."
Patch Notes 4.4
"We're updating Final Spark's targeting indicator so players who use quick cast can see the range of the spell easier."
v3.05 Balance Update
On top of her long range and wide array of defensive utility, Lux was also among the fastest ranged champions in the game. These changes force Lux to be more mindful of her timing and positioning as opponents now have more opportunities to capitalize on her mistakes.
- Base Movement Speed reduced to 330 from 340
- Final Spark
- Cooldown increased to 80 / 65 / 50 seconds from 80 / 60 / 40
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Final Spark visual effects no longer appear at the wrong angle if aimed beyond the edge of the map
- Updated tooltips
- Base mana regen per 5 seconds increased to 6.6 from 5.6
- Light Binding mana cost reduced to 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 from 60 / 75 / 90 / 105 / 120
- Finales Funkeln
- Mana cost reduced to 100 at all levels from 100 / 150 / 200
- Cast range now displays on the mini-map
- Fixed a bug where Lucent Singularity's cooldown was 11 seconds instead of 10
- Lucent Singularity
- Now additionally grants vision while in flight to its destination
- Now starts its cooldown when cast rather than when detonated
- Cooldown increased to 11 seconds from 9
- Now displays a buff showing how long Lucent Singularity will last until it automatically detonates
- Finales Funkeln
- Now grants vision of the affected area during the spell and vision of enemy champions hit for a short duration afterwards
- Lux can no longer use Flash while casting Finales Funkeln
- Prismatic Barrier
- Shield strength increased to 80 / 105 / 130 / 155 / 180 from 60 / 85 / 110 / 135 / 160
- Missile speed increased to 1400 from 1200
- Lucent Singularity cooldown reduced to 9 seconds from 11
- Tooltips properly display numbers in their passives as they update
- Updated Lux's autoattacks to feel more responsive and increased its missile sped
- Light Binding cooldown reduced to 15 / 14 / 13 /12 / 11 seconds from 16 / 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 seconds
- Prismatic Barrier shield incresed to 60 / 85 / 110 / 135 / 160 from 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150
- Finales Funkeln ability power ratio reduced to 0.75 from 0.85
- Fixed a bug that caused Lux to have 0 base mana regen
- Prismatic Barrier
- Missile width increased 22%
- Mana cost reduced to 60 from 75
- Fixed a bug where it was granting less ability power ratio than stated
- Ability power ratio increased to 0.35 from 0.3
- Lucent Singularity
- Fixed a tooltip bug causing it to display the wrong values
- Slow incresaed to 20 / 24 / 28 / 32 / 36 from 14 / 18 / 22 / 26 / 30
- Detonation radius increased to 350 from 300
- Finales Funkeln now ignites the Illumination debuff if the target is afflicted by it and refreshes the Illumination debuff duration
- Updated PVP.net tags and character ratings
- Updated recommended items
- Finales Funkeln ability power ratio increased to 0.85 from 0.75