NaJin Black Sword
|NaJin Black Sword|
|Coaches:||Park "Reach" Jung-suk |
Sim "싱선생" Sung-soo
|Team Captain:||Kim "SSONG" Sang-soo|
|Number of Players:||7|
|Share this Page|
Formation of NaJin Sword
NaJin Sword was formed on May 30th, 2012, shortly after NaJin e-mFire was knocked out of Azubu The Champions Spring 2012. MaKNooN, e-mFire's top lane player, departed from his team and began recruiting for a second team under the NaJin organization. The original squad was renamed to NaJin Shield, while the newly acquired roster became NaJin Sword.
A day after the addition of the new squadron, NaJin would also hire former Starcraft Brood War progamer Reach.
NaJin Sword would qualify for the Azubu The Champions Summer 2012 tournament by winning their best-of-three play-in against Relive. Although expectations were low for NaJin Sword due to their inexperience and lackluster performance in the previous season, they were able to take second place in the group stage by defeating Team Dignitas and RoMg, dropping their only game to group leader Azubu Frost. In the quarterfinal round, NaJin Sword faced off against StarTale, led by AD player Locodoco. Though StarTale came out undefeated in their group matches, Sword was able achieve an upset and take the series 2-0 to advance to the next stage. Unfortunately, CLG EU emerged victorious in their semifinal, going 3-1 against NaJin Sword. This loss set up a third place match against Azubu Blaze, which Sword was able to win 2-0.
NaJin Sword's third place finish gave them just enough circuit points to qualify for the Season Two Korean Regional Finals. They were seeded fourth in the event, but in a dominant showing, Sword would tear through LG-IM, Xenics Storm, and Azubu Blaze to claim Korea's second slot in the Season 2 World Championship.
NaJin Sword was favored to progress through their group in the Season 2 World Championship, and would not disappoint as they took first place over CLG EU, Team Dignitas, and Saigon Jokers.  Although many writers and professionals also expected Sword to place in the top four, the dark horse Taipei Assassins would beat them convincingly in the round of eight 2-0, knocking them out of the event. NaJin Sword left the tournament with a 5th-8th place finish.
After the Season 2 World Championship, NaJin Sword would be invited to MLG Dallas as one of the two teams representing Korea. In the first two days of the event, Sword showed strong play with 2-0 victories over CLG Prime, Team SoloMid, and Azubu Blaze to advance to the finals. There, they met with Azubu Blaze once again and were defeated in two consecutive best-of-three sets to take second place at the event.
Season 3 had potential for Sword to make a huge impact, participating in OGN Winter 2012-2013. Despite the tough competition, Sword found themselves reaching the playoffs, and making it to the Grand Finals, winning against Azubu Frost in a clean 3 - 0 sweep. They were also able to place 3rd in the continental GIGABYTE StarsWar League/Season 2, losing in the Semi Finals to Invictus Gaming. The Spring season OLYMPUS Champions Spring 2013 did not fare as well as Winter for the team, unable to reclaim their champion title, coming in 5th place at the end of the season. However, in their other Korean competitive league, emTek NLB Spring 2013, Sword would take the first place finish over their sibling team, NaJin White Shield. Change was brought going into the Summer 2013 leagues for both roster and name. The organization would rename their teams NaJin Black Sword and Najin White Shield. HOT6iX Champions Summer 2013 was a turbulent season for Sword, unable to make playoffs and coming in 9th for the season. They were able to take first once again in GIGABYTE NLB Summer 2013 over Incredible Miracle 2. Although having rough showings since Winter, due to their first place finishes in Season 3, NaJin Black Sword guaranteed themselves a spot in the Season 3 World Championship with 600 Korean Circuit Points, going with SK Telecom T1 and Samsung Galaxy Ozone (formerly MVP Ozone).
At the S3 Championship, NBS would be automatically placed into the quarterfinals being the Korean top seed. They would first play against the European favorite, Gambit Gaming. Sword would come out strong after not being seen competitively in a few months with their sub mid laner starting for them, Nagne. They would conquer Gambit in a 2-1 advancing to the semifinals against fellow Koreans, SK Telecom T1, guaranteeing that a Korean team would be present in the finals. Although SK T1 would be the favorites going into the match, NaJin would play a great set of games with the match going to the last 5th game. They would lose 3-2 and be eliminated from the tournament, taking home 3rd-4th place and newfound respect from fans around the world for their play.
- May 30th, NaJin Sword is formed with MakNooN, MulrOc, Fimir, Cain, and SSONG. 
- May 31st, Reach joins as e-mFire Head Coach. 
- June 11th, Fimir and MulrOc leave. watch and Troll Kim join. 
- August 1st, Sim Sung-soo joins NaJin e-mFire as gaming coach. 
- August 31st, 3rd Place in Azubu The Champions Summer 2012. 
- September 21st, 1st place at Season Two Korean Regional Finals.
- February 2nd, 1st place at OLYMPUS Champions Winter 2012-2013.
- May 29th, MaKNooN leaves.
- June 5th, Expession joins.
- June 16th, 1st place at emTek NLB Spring 2013.
- June 21st, Nagne joins. NaJin Sword is renamed to NaJin Black Sword.
- August 24th, 1st place at GIGABYTE NLB Summer 2013.
- August 25th, Qualifies for Season 3 World Championship.
- September 27th, 3rd-4th place at the Season 3 World Championship.
|Expession||Gu Bon-taek (구본택)||Top|
|watch||Cho Jae-geol (조재걸)||Jungle|
|Nagne||Kim Sang-moon (김상문)||Mid|
|PraY||Kim Jong-in (김종인)||AD|
|Cain||Jang Nu-ri (장누리)||Support|
|SSONG||Kim Sang-soo (김상수)||Sub|
|MaKNooN||Yoon Ha-woon (윤하운)||Top||KT Rolster A|
|Fimir||Cheon Min-ki (천민기)||Support||ahq e-Sports Club Korea|
|MulrOc||Won Jun-ho (원준호)||Jungle||KT Rolster A|
|Reach||Park Jung-suk (박정석)||Head Coach|
|싱선생||Sim Sung-soo (심성수)||Gaming Coach|
|ViNylCat||Chae Woo-cheul||Gaming Coach|
|In Premier Tournaments|
|2013-12-04||9 - 16th||PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014||0-2-1||Group Stage (W/L)||₩ 6,000,000|
|2013-09-27||3 - 4th||Season 3 World Championship||2 : 3||SK Telecom T1||$ 150,000|
|2013-07-27||9 - 16th||HOT6iX Champions Summer 2013||0-3-0||Group Stage (W/L)||₩ 6,000,000|
|2013-05-17||5 - 8th||OLYMPUS Champions Spring 2013||1 : 3||CJ Entus Frost||₩ 12,000,000|
|2013-04-16||3rd||GIGABYTE StarsWar League Season 2||0 : 3||Invictus Gaming||￥ 10,000|
|2013-02-02||1st||OLYMPUS Champions Winter 2012-2013||3 : 0||Azubu Frost||₩ 80,000,000|
|2012-09-21||2nd||2012 MLG Fall Championship||1 : 4||Azubu Blaze||$ 8,000|
|2012-10-05||5 - 8th||Season 2 World Championship||0 : 2||Taipei Assassins||$ 75,000|
|2012-09-21||1st||Season 2 Regional Finals - Seoul||3 : 2||Azubu Blaze|
|2012-08-31||3rd||Azubu The Champions Summer 2012||2 : 0||Azubu Blaze||₩ 12,000,000|
- April 12th - Interview: Najin e-mFire Team (video) with Azubu
- September 4th - Azubu Exclusive Interview: Najin e-mFire Sword (video) with Azubu
- October 4th - NaJin Sword Interview with MonteCristo/Chobra - Season Two World Championship Day One (video) with ggChronicle
- NaJin Sword Preview: Season Two World Finals by ggChronicle
- ggChronicle Power Rankings ggchronicle.com
- NaJin in 2 team mode, Shield and Sword.www.thisisgame.com
- NaJin e-mFire Head Coach esports.dailygame.co.kr
- 나진 e엠파이어, 스타 출신 게이머 조재걸 영입 thisisgame.com
- Master of Singed, 싱선생, Sim Sung-soo joins NaJin e-mFire as Gaming Coach inven.co.kr
- NaJin Sword places third at the 2012 Azubu Summer Championship sk-gaming.net
- NaJin Sword places first a the Season 2 Korean Regionals mobafire.com
- 막눈 윤하운 선수, 계약 종료로 나진 탈퇴 "새 출발 응원해달라" inven.co.kr
- 나진 e엠파이어 LOL팀, 7인 로스터 체제 도입한다 fomos.kr
- “e-mFire” 프로게임단 7인 로스터 체제 확정 및 팀명 변경 (Korean) inven.co.kr