Today we are making changes to the login system on Gamepedia to give you the option to merge your Gamepedia and Twitch accounts.
If you decide to merge your accounts, you’ll be able to log in to Gamepedia with your Twitch username and password, but all users will now be redirected to the main Gamepedia.com page to log on regardless of if you choose to merge your accounts or not. Learn more about the changes here.
Nami - The Tidecaller
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|HP Regen:||4.5 (+0.55)|
|Mana Regen:||11.5 (+0.4)|
|Attack Damage:||48 (+3.1)|
|Attack Speed:||0.644 (+2.6%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+0)|
|Lore:||Nami channels the primal energies of the ocean, harnessing its mystical restorative properties and commanding the raw power of the tides themselves. Though many doubted her, Nami had the bravery and determination to take on a dangerous quest when no one else would. Now her people believe she is the Tidecaller, a chosen one destined to complete a quest essential to the survival of her entire race.
The Tidecaller's sacred duty is to acquire a moonstone, a powerful object found only in the towering reaches of the surface world. Her people the Marai, rely on the moonstone's light to ward off the terrors of the depths. However, the stone's power lasts only one hundred years. Before its light fades, the Tidecaller must journey into the Great Deep, retrieve an abyssal pearl, and carry it to the surface. There, on the night of the winter solstice of the hundredth year, the Tidecaller makes a ceremonial exchange with a landwalker bearing a moonstone. By trading the pearl for the moonstone, the Tidecaller ensures the survival of the Marai for another century.
However, in Nami's time, as the hundred years drew to a close, no Tidecaller has been found. Without a chosen one to complete the quest, her people would face disaster, but the Marai waited in faith that the Tidecaller would appear. Nami refused to sit idle, insisting that without a Tidecaller to save them, someone had to act. Bravely, she decided to bgein the quest herself and ventured alone into the dangerous depths. None expected her to survive, but after six days of battles and untold horrors, Nami returned with the pearl in hand. The Marai hailed her as the new Tidecaller. All that remained was for Nami to journey to the surface and complete the exchange.
When Nami arrived at the surface, however, she found only an empty shore. She waited for days in a mystic cove, unsure of what to do. In all the legends of the Tidecallers, the bearer of the moonstone had never failed to arrive. Nami faced a choice. She knew the surface world only through tale and rumor, but the survival of the Marai depended upon her. Summoning the tide to bear her ashore, Nami began her search for the moonstone and became the first of her kind to explore the world above the ocean. She left her home behind and vowed not to return until she had completed the Tidecaller's quest.
| I am the tide, and I cannot be turned.
- Nami, the Tidecaller
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|IEM Season IX World Championship||0||5||3||2||60||26.3|
|IEM Season IX - Cologne||0||4||1||3||25||28.6|
|2014 World Championship||3||26||10||16||38.5||37.2|
|2014 Season China Regional Finals||0||3||1||2||33.3||20|
|2014 NA LCS Summer Playoffs||0||19||9||10||47.4||65.5|
- Fixed a bug where Urf the Nami-tee’s side fins bent outwards during her recall animation
- Deep Sea Nami’s head fin no longer bends into her shoulder
- The mirror reflection of River Spirit Nami's staff is now reattached to the staff's surface, rather than the ground
- River Spirit Nami's right tail fin no longer disappears in several of her animations
- Koi Nami's chromas now properly use her skin-specific water particles during her walk animation
- Koi Nami's chromas now properly use her ability particle effects, rather than Classic Nami's
- BASE MANA REGEN:
Patch Notes 5.16
Passive gives more speed and has a higher AP ratio. Allies within Nami's Tidal Wave receive double the passive bonus. "Between slinging bubbles, chain-heals and squirt-guns, Nami's identity has always been tide to empowering allies with cool water-magic. Surging Tides stood out as her least-appreciable form of enchanting, so we're boosting its super-effectiveness (particularly with AP) when surfing into a teamfight."
Passive - Surging Tides
- MOVEMENT SPEED:
(0.1 Ability Power)⇒ (0.2 Ability Power)
Patch Notes 4.13
Nami moves slightly slower and her W cooldown is going up by 1 second at all ranks "We're shaving off some of Nami's less obvious power as, with Braum and Thresh both receiving nerfs, she's on the rise to being the dominant support pick in competitive play."
- MOVEMENT SPEED:
- MOVEMENT SPEED:
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug where Aqua Prison could interrupt certain abilities that were intended to be immune to disabling effects (e.g. Jarvan IV's Cataclysm, Malphite's Unstoppable Force)
- RECOMMENDED ITEMS: Recommended Items have been updated
Patch Notes 3.14
Summary: We've reduced the ability power ratio of Aqua Prison and Tidal Wave but buffed Surging Tides along with Ebb and Flow. The bonus movement speed of Surging Tides and bounce power of Ebb and Flow now both scale with ability power. In fact, with enough AP, subsequent bounces of Ebb and Tide will actually heal and damage more per bounce. Context: While Nami's general scaling is in a good place, we saw opportunities to add additional utility to her movement speed buffs and debuffs. The most unique change with Nami's AP utility scaling is on Ebb and Flow. Additional AP now improves the power of each bounce and can eventually reach positive values where each bounce is more powerful than the last.
- Passive - Surging Tides
- Bonus movement speed now scales at +1 bonus movement speed per 10 Ability Power (0.1 AP Ratio)
- Q - Aqua Prison
- Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.5 (from 0.65)
- W - Ebb and Flow
- The percentage power of later bounces now scales. Each bounce gains 0.75% more power per 10 AP.
- E - Tidecaller's Blessing
- Slow percentage now scales at +1% slow per 20 Ability Power (0.05 AP Ratio)
- R - Tidal Wave
- Reduced Ability Power ratio to 0.6 (from 0.7)
- Aqua Prison
- Fixed a bug where the stun sometimes lasted longer than intended
Patch Notes 3.07
These general usability buffs are for Nami to feel more impactful in team fights and skirmishes. In particular, with Surging Tides giving more movement speed and Aqua Prison having a longer stun duration, Nami players should feel better about playing aggressive in a lane.
- Basic Attack Missile Speed increased to 1,500 from 1,350
- Surging Tides
- Bonus Movement Speed increased to 40 from 30
- Aqua Prison
- Stun duration increased to 1.5 seconds from 1.25
- Tidal Wave
- Range increased to 2,750 from 2,500
- Cooldown reduced to 120 / 110 / 100 seconds from 140 / 120 / 100
- Mana cost reduced to 100 at all ranks from 100 / 150 / 200
- Tidecaller's Blessing
- Added new visual effects to better communicate the amount of charges left
- Duration increased to 6 seconds from 5
- Tidecaller's Blessing is no longer consumed when attacking wards