Ninjas in Pyjamas, often abbreviated NiP, is a European esports organization that was formed in 2000. The organization started as a Counter-Strike team, and became a top contender in the competitive scene for seven years. In 2007, the organization decided it was time to disband and attempt new things. In 2012, with the long awaited release of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the newly inspired NiP organization reformed and created a new roster to compete once again. In May 2013, as part of its reformation, they picked up the previous roster of Copenhagen Wolves to form their first League of Legends team. The League of Legends NiP team is notable for competing in the summer split of the Season 3 European League Championship Series (LCS).
Formation of Ninjas in Pyjamas
In May 2013, the Ninjas in Pyjamas organization created their first League of Legends team by acquiring the former roster of Copenhagen Wolves: Bjergsen, Deficio, TheTess, Svenskeren, and NeeGodbro.
NiP competed in the Summer Split of the Season 3 EU League Championship Series, since the roster had qualified for a spot at the earlier Promotion Tournament playing as the Copenhagen Wolves.
Due to an unsatisfactory 2-6 start after two weeks of the summer split, NiP underwent a major roster change by benching NeeGodbro, TheTess, and Svenskeren, while recruiting former Heimerdinger's Colossi teammates extinkt, Malunoo and Freeze as the starting top laner, jungler, and AD carry, respectively.
A month later, extinkt would announce his retirement from competitive League of Legends and leave the team. Three days later, his role in the top lane would be filled by Mimer. NiP finished the season strongly, going 13-7 throughout the final seven weeks and finishing in a four-way tie for second at 15-13. After a poor showing at the week 9 tiebreaker, Ninjas in Pyjamas was seeded fifth going into the summer playoffs.
In August, NiP quickly exited contention after a 0-2 first round loss to Gambit Gaming. In the fifth place match, Team ALTERNATE prevailed 2-1 over the Ninjas in Pyjamas, sending NiP to the Season 4 Spring Promotion Tournament.
At the Spring Split Promotion Tournament in December 2013, Ninjas in Pyjamas announced their intent to face Kiedyś Miałem Team of Poland in their match. Although NiP were heavy favorites, Kiedyś Miałem won in a 3-0 sweep, and the Ninjas in Pyjamas were denied a spot in the Season 4 Spring Split of the European League Championship Series.
- May 22nd, Ninjas in Pyjamas acquires the previous roster of Copenhagen Wolves. Bjergsen, Deficio, TheTess, Svenskeren, and GodBro join.
- May/June, extinkt and Malunoo join as substitute.
- June 26th, extinkt and Malunoo become the starting top laner and jungler, Freeze joins as the starting AD carry, while NeeGodbro, TheTess and Svenskeren become substitutes.
- July 23rd, extinkt retires. 
- July 26th, Mimer joins.
- September 13th, Mimer is released.
- September 18th, Kev1n and hyrqBot join. Malunoo becomes a sub.
- October 15th, MrRalleZ joins as a substitute.
- November 2nd, Svenskeren and Bjergsen leave.
- November 3rd, Mithy, Nukeduck and Zorozero join. TheTess, NeeGodbro and kev1n leave. Deficio moves to a manager/coach position.
- December 17th, MrRalleZ leaves.
Ninjas in Pyjamas Season 3 LCS Summer Roster
Left to Right: Mimer, Malunoo, Bjergsen, Freeze, Deficio
||Chief Executive Officer
||Gustav M. Karto
- ↑ NiP.LoL, welcome to the NiP Family nip-gaming.se
- ↑ Changes in the NiP.LoL Squad nip-gaming.se
- ↑ extinkt steps down from the active roster nip-gaming.se
- ↑ NiP.LoL announce our new toplaner nip-gaming.se
- ↑ Mimer released from Ninjas in Pyjamas
- ↑ NiP Announce Roster changes nip-gaming.se
- ↑ Deficio Twitter Post twitter.com
- ↑ New LoL Roster for SK Gaming sk-gaming.com
- ↑ Announcing the new TSM roster! solomid.net
- ↑ The new LoL Lineup nip-gaming.se
- ↑ Ninjas in Pyjamas Facebook Post facebook.com
- ↑ Deficio's Tweet twitter.com
- ↑ Amin's Tweet twitter.com
- ↑ Amin's Tweet twitter.com
Ninjas in Pyjamas Roster|