Today we are making changes to the login system on Gamepedia to give you the option to merge your Gamepedia and Twitch accounts.
If you decide to merge your accounts, you’ll be able to log in to Gamepedia with your Twitch username and password, but all users will now be redirected to the main Gamepedia.com page to log on regardless of if you choose to merge your accounts or not. Learn more about the changes here.
Nocturne - The Eternal Nightmare
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|HP Regen:||7.0 (+0.75)|
|Mana Regen:||6.0 (+0.45)|
|Attack Damage:||54 (+3.1)|
|Attack Speed:||0.668 (+2.7%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+1.25)|
Nocturne is a melee fighter. He offers long range initiation with his ultimate, Paranoia, and strong ability to stick to targets with his Duskbringer trail and Unspeakable Horror fear. Nocturne is an adept assassin, with high damage from his Umbra Blades passive and Duskbringer. He is generally played in the jungle, due to his strong ganking power and fast clear speed.
|Lore:||Before Nocturne, people believed that dreams were figments of their imagination, meaningless images that flashed through the mind when one slept. This belief was put to the test when a rash of sleep-related incidents started afflicting summoners of the League. Some would wake up screaming, terrified and beyond consolation. Some could not fall asleep, slowly going mad as the nights ticked by. Some simply never woke up. Physicians were baffled until a Field Architect happened to pass out next to a nexus on Twisted Treeline. Witnesses said he cried out once and then stopped breathing. Immediately after, magical energy arced out from the nexus, and Nocturne appeared.
Nocturne did not take his introduction to this world kindly. He slaughtered everything he could find before summoners were able to magically confine him. After a period of intense study, League experts divined that Nocturne hunted summoners in their sleep, attacking them in a place where their magic was useless. This seemed to be his only purpose. The families of the victims demanded justice, but League officials were concerned that death might only return Nocturne to the place from which he came. They bound him to a nexus fragment, trapping him in the physical world. As punishment for his crimes, they allowed summoners to call upon Nocturne in the League matches, bending his will to the summoners he hates and creating his own personal nightmare. League scholars don't know whether he truly came from the plane of dreams, or whether there are any more like him. Some theorize that the summoning act affected summoners' subconscious minds, luring Nocturne to them in their sleep. Perhaps the most disturbing theory is that Nocturne is a person's nightmare come to life. If this is true, they wonder, who is the dreamer?
| "The darkness is closing in...it's pitch black now...but I can still see him..."
- Kelvin Ma, patient #4236
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|2014 Season China Regional Finals||1||2||1||1||50||20|
|2014 NA LCS Summer Playoffs||0||2||1||1||50||6.9|
|2014 NA CS Summer Playoffs||1||5||4||1||80||33.3|
|2014 Season Garena Regional Finals||0||1||1||0||100||8.3|
|2014 LPL Summer Playoffs||0||5||3||2||60||22.7|
E terrify duration increased.
Nocturne is League’s spookiest diver, slicing up opponents as they flee in literal terror. He’s currently seeing a bit less success than we’d like, particularly in the early-to-mid-game skirmishes he’s meant to thrive in. Upping the payoff on Unspeakable Horror will give the Eternal Nightmare a bit more time to prey upon his victims.
Passive has an AP ratio.
We know what you’re thinking, but let’s explain. There are an abundance of things in the game that give ability power incidentally (Guinsoo’s Rageblade, Baron Buff etc), making a number of champions sad when they can’t utilize it. Giving Nocturne an ever so slight ratio should make him feel better when these cases arise.
- RATIO: Now additionally scales with 0.15 ability power per hit
Patch Notes 5.17
daaaaaaaaaaarkneeeesssssssss "With worlds just around the corner and teams getting better at the ever-evolving vision game, we figured there’s no better time to introduce a little darkness into the mix. Nocturne’s pretty compelling for the average jungler looking to climb, but for the professional scene struggles to break through due to the predictability of his ganks. Reverting our restriction on how far he can rocket forth and murder-torpedo your backline should give teams at all levels of play more reason to embrace the darkness. Shout-outs to those who say we never revert anything. This one’s for y’all."
R - Paranoia
- Bug Fix
- * Nocturne's E - Unspeakable Horror tether no longer persists through the revive animation of Guardian Angel or Zilean's R - Chronoshift
Patch Notes 5.9
E's base damage up. "While Nocturne's not in the worst spot as far as living nightmares go, his early-game's a little softer than we'd like considering how reliant he is on the post-6 paranoia pressure he puts on lanes. Mixing in a tad more spookiness to Unspeakable Horror's damage output should up his effectiveness when murdering frightened Teemos."
Patch Notes 5.6
R cooldown down. "For a champion that's not too far off the mark, the biggest pain point for Nocturne players is lacking enough opportunities to impact a game before it's too late, so we've cut the cooldown to give him just that. Don't worry Noc - we got your darkness right here."
Patch Notes 4.21
We're going to copy paste the patch note into the summary: Nocturne now gains massively increased movement speed when moving toward feared targets. This works with other fears! "Waaaaaay back in v4.3 (That's February! Hi Vel'Koz!), we changed fear mechanics across the board to make the affected unit move away from you instead of in random directions. Unlike other champions, however, Nocturne has lacked a way to really capitalize on the consistency of his newer fear. So we're fixing that. Also, this means any of Nocturne's spooky friends (Shaco, Fiddlesticks, Hecarim, Lollipoppy) can set him up for some sweet ganks. Because he's a nightmare. A living nightmare."
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Shroud of Darkness shield duration reduced to 1.5 seconds from 2
- Paranoia cooldown increased at earlier ranks to 180 / 140 / 100 seconds from 160 / 130 / 100
- Updated Umbra Blades tooltip
- Umbra Blades healing amount per target hit adjusted to 10 / 18 / 26 from 15 / 20 / 25
- Fixed a bug with the Ravager skin where Unspeakable Horror was not visually applying the fear tether
- Unspeakable Horror
- Cast range reduced to 425 from 500
- Tether range reduced to 465 from 525
- Unspeakable Horror leash range reduced to 525 from 550
- Nocturne will now attempt to attack the target after using Paranoia
- No longer grants assists for limiting enemy vision
- Duskbringer damage reduced to 60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240 from 60 / 110 / 160 / 210 / 260
- Damage reduced to 150 / 250 / 350 from 150 / 300 / 450
- Fixed a bug where it caused a hitch the first time it was used
- Fixed a bug where Paranoia would follow targets over variable amounts of distance depending on spell rank
- Duskbringer attack damage bonus reduced to 15 / 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 from 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60
- Unspeakable Horror
- Cast range reduced to 475 from 500 and leash range reduced to 550 from 600
- Fixed a bug where breaking the leash near the end would still trigger the fear
- Fixed a bug where adding a spell shield like Banshee's Veil while Unspeakable Horror was on you would block the fear effect
- Paranoia range reduced to 2,000 / 2,750 / 3,500 from 2,500 / 3,250 / 4,000
- Shroud of Darkness shield is now brighter and easier to see.