Today we are making changes to the login system on Gamepedia to give you the option to merge your Gamepedia and Twitch accounts.
If you decide to merge your accounts, you’ll be able to log in to Gamepedia with your Twitch username and password, but all users will now be redirected to the main Gamepedia.com page to log on regardless of if you choose to merge your accounts or not. Learn more about the changes here.
Olaf - The Berserker
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|HP Regen:||7.0 (+0.9)|
|Mana Regen:||6.5 (+0.575)|
|Attack Damage:||54.1 (+3.5)|
|Attack Speed:||0.694 (+2.7%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+1.25)|
|Lore:||Most men would say that death is a thing to be feared; none of those men would be Olaf. The Berserker lives only for the roar of a battle cry and the clash of steel. Spurred on by his hunger for glory and the looming curse of a forgettable death, Olaf throws himself into every fight with reckless abandon. Surrendering to the bloodlust deep within his being, Olaf is only truly alive when grappling with the jaws of death.
The coastal peninsula of Lokfar is among the most brutal places in the Freljord. There, rage is the only fire to warm frozen bones, blood is the only liquid that flows freely, and there is no worse fate than to grow old, frail, and forgotten. Olaf was a warrior of Lokfar with no shortage of glories and no hesitation to share them. While boasting one evening with his clansmen over the burning embers of a razed village, one of the elder warriors grew tired of Olaf's bluster. The old fighter goaded Olaf to read the omens and see if Olaf's fortunes matched his gloating. Emboldened by the challenge, Olaf mocked the aged raider's envy and tossed the knuckle bones of a long-dead beast to predict the heights of glory he'd achieve in death. All mirth left the gathering as the clansmen read the portents: the bones spoke of a long life and a quiet passing.
| When you meet your ancestors, tell them Olaf sent you.
- Olaf, the Berserker
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|2014 NA LCS Summer Playoffs||0||1||0||1||0||3.4|
|2014 LPL Summer Regular Season||0||1||0||1||0||0.9|
|2014 GPL Summer Group Stage||0||1||1||0||100||1.6|
|SK Telecom LTE-A LoL Masters 2014||0||5||1||4||20||6.5|
|2014 LPL Spring||1||9||3||6||33.3||7.4|
- Brolaf no longer plays two VO lines at once when activating R - Ragnarok
W lifesteal and R’s armor and magic resist increased.
Olaf’s a champion that has all the tools necessary to stick to targets and wreck faces in a big brawl, but there’s one problem: he’s dying too fast. Berserkers thrive in bloody combat, so we’re amping Olaf’s durability to tip the scales in his favor when he picks the right moment to go all-out (instead of falling flat).
- BASE MANA:
- MANA GROWTH STAT:
- Olaf now properly ignores the knockback from Syndra's E - Scatter the Weak while under the effects of R - Ragnarok
Patch Notes 5.9
OLAF SMASH "True to his viking origins, Ragnarok's double-edged sword of offense vs. defense paints an interesting decision point for Olaf players. The trade-offs become much less clear the further he falls behind, creating an uphill battle through waves of sustained damage and crowd control to even land a hit in. Adding a speed boost doesn't solve all of Olaf's problems, but it'll help him close the gap on mispositioned targets, forcing them between Ragnarok and a hard place."
Patch Notes 4.13
Olaf can use R more often at lower levels, and W's healing amp works better with missing health "Olaf hasn't had the best time adapting to the evolving game (especially losing out on a lot of cooldown reduction + health items), so he's getting a few buffs to keep up."
- W - Vicious Strikes
- HEALING AMPLIFICATION:
+1% healing per 2.5% missing health⇒ +1% healing per 2% missing health
- HEALING AMPLIFICATION:
- Fixed a bug where Olaf could circumvent healthy gameplay AGAIN by dropping a ward after using Undertow to create new axes that both do damage and reduce Undertow’s cooldown
Patch Notes 3.13
Summary: Undertow’s slow duration has been increased and its mana cost changed to a flat cost. Vicious Strikes grants more attack speed at lower levels. Reckless Swing deals slightly less self-damage to Olaf on use. Context: We were overly cautious with our initial rework changes for Olaf, which left him undertuned, but not Old and Busted. However, now that we’ve addressed some of his old core issues, we feel like we can be more aggressive with tweaking his kit balance. These changes are focused on allowing Olaf to better stick to his opponents when he’s landing his skillshots properly, which will, in turn, allow him to better melt face when he’s in the zone.
- Slow duration increased to 1.5 - 2.5 seconds (from 1.0 to 2.0)
- Mana cost changed to 60 (from 55/60/65/70/75)
- Vicious Strikes
- Attack Speed increased to 40/50/60/70/80% (from 20/35/50/65/80%)
- Reckless Swing
- Self-damage reduced to 30% damage dealt (from 40% damage dealt)
Patch Notes 3.12
Summary: Olaf's kit has been significantly overhauled, with changes to each of his skills and new opportunities for counterplay, particularly when the Berserker gets ahead. In terms of major alterations, we've given Undertow a minimum throw distance and a reduced slow duration, but increased its slow amount and removed the slow decay to compensate. Vicious Strikes no longer provides attack damage or spell vamp, but instead increases Olaf's attack speed and grants bonus healing based on Olaf's missing health . Next up is Reckless Swing. We've reduced its base damage and increased the cooldown, but given the ability an attack damage ratio and allowed basic attacks to lower its cooldown. Finally, we've added a passive armor and magic resistance bonus to Ragnarok, and made it so that activating the ult converts the defensive bonuses into attack damage. Ragnarok's crowd control immunity has been retained. Context: Old and Busted Olaf circumvented a lot of healthy interactions within the game when played well. When he got ahead, Old and Busted Olaf had everything at his disposal to take out opponents with no opportunity for counterplay, including a permanent slow (when used correctly), crowd control immunity and significant true damage while building tanky. Our core goal with these changes is to create more gameplay interaction with New Hotness Olaf so that players can react and play smart against him even if he gets ahead. We realize that these changes are fairly drastic so, as ever, we'll closely monitor how he performs over the coming days and weeks. General
- Base mana reduced to 235 (from 270)
- Base damage reduced to 70/115/160/205/250 (from 80/125/170/215/260)
- Slow percent increased to 35/40/45/50/55% (from 24/28/32/36/40%)
- Slow duration reduced to 1-2 seconds based on distance traveled (from 2.5 seconds flat)
- Slow no longer decays
- Minimum distance added (400)
- Axes now stick in walls and structures only if they would land in impassible terrain
- Axes now make jungle monsters ignore unit collision (to better enable Olaf's axe pickup play in the jungle)
- Mana cost reduced to 30 (from 40/45/50/55/60)
- Now grants 20/35/50/65/80% attack speed
- Now provides 1% extra healing for every 2.5% health that Olaf is missing
- Attack damage removed
- Spellvamp removed
- Lifesteal retained
- Cooldown increased to 12/11/10/9/8 seconds (from 9/8/7/6/5)
- Damage reduced to 70/115/160/205/250 (from 100/160/220/280/340)
- 0.4 total attack damage ratio added
- Health cost is equal to 40% of total damage dealt (unchanged ratio)
- Health cost is now refunded if it kills the target
- Basic attacks lower the cooldown of Reckless Swing by 1 second
- Cooldown changed to 120/100/80 (from 100)
- Mana cost removed
- Now provides 10/20/30 armor and magic resist passively
- Active reworked: now removes the bonus armor and magic resist passive and grants 40/60/80 bonus attack damage while active
- Olaf now turns red when Ragnarok is active
- Crowd control immunity retained
- Reckless Swing
- Can be cast at any health value, but will not reduce health below 1
- Slow now fades over the duration
- Vicious Strikes
- Cooldown increased to 16 seconds from 12
- No longer passively grants bonus armor penetration
- Now only grants bonus armor penetration while active
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Reckless Swing cooldown increased to 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 seconds from 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 /4
- Updated Ragnarok's buff tooltip to reflect it now grants Armor and Magic Resist instead of flat damage reduction.
- Axe Throw
- Damage increased to 80-260 from 50-210
- Scaling changed to +1.0 bonus AD from +0.5 total AD
- Base cooldown reduced to 8 seconds from 10
- Cooldown reduction for picking up the axe reduced to 4.5 seconds from 6
- Ragnarok now provides 30 / 45 / 60 Armor and Magic Resist instead of 20 / 30 / 40 flat damage reduction
- Movement Speed increased to 325 from 320
- Olaf is now immune to blinds and silences while Ragnarok is active
- Undertow missile speed increased to 1600 from 1500
- Now breaks crowd control effects upon activation
- Duration adjusted to 6 seconds at all ranks from 5 / 6.5 / 8
- Base armor increased to 20 from 17
- Reckless Swing mana cost reduced to 0 from 50 (health cost remains)
- Fixed a bug where Ragnarok was reducing true damage
- Fixed a bug where Undertow could hit the same target twice
- Fixed a bug where Undertow could not deal damage to the same target within 1 second of the previous hit
- Vicious Strikes
- Health scaling increased to 1% from 0.5%
- Base damage reduced to 7 / 14 / 21 / 28 / 35 from 10 / 17 / 24 / 31 / 38
- Undertow now deals physical damage instead of magic damage
- Vicious Strikes
- Health scaling changed to 0.5% at all levels from 0.3 / 0.6 / 0.9 / 1.2 / 1.5%
- Base damage changed to 10 / 17 / 24 / 31 / 38 from 12 / 18 / 24 / 30 / 36
- Ragnarok damage reduction reduced to 20 / 30 / 40 from 25 / 45 / 65
- Undertow slow percent increased to 24 / 28 / 32 / 36 / 40 from 16 / 22 / 28 / 34 / 40
- Ragnarok now displays "Cannot be Disabled!" when it blocks a debuff