|Effects:||Places an invisible ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes. Limits 3 Stealth Wards on the map per player.|
is a consumable item in League of Legends. In addition to only 3 Stealth Wards can placed on the map per player, Only 3 can be carried in a summoner's inventory.
- Champions in the Support role will often start the game with several Sight Wards so they may place them to avoid early ganks from the enemy jungler.
- Wards are most commonly placed near Dragon and Baron Nashor so a team can see if their enemy is attempting to take either objective.
- It can be cast at up to 600 range.
- After being placed, it is visible for one second. During this second, a team can attack it, although early in the game it usually takes three or more people to kill the ward before it becomes stealthed.
- A ward has three hitpoints and every attack against it deals one damage. There is no way to regenerate these hitpoints.
- A ward gives 30 gold when destroyed.
- The killer of the ward gains 50% of the ward's base gold value.
- It is possible to Teleport to a ward.
- Teleporting to a ward reveals it for the duration of the spell.
- Sight Wards are not available in the game mode Dominion.
- Some champion abilities, such as Corki's Phosphorus Bomb and Lee Sin's Sonic Wave used to be able to reveal a ward. This was a useful tactic to allow teams to remove wards without having to buy a Vision Ward or Oracle's Elixir.
- Lee Sin, Jax, and Katarina are all able to use abilities to dash to allied wards. This can aid them greatly in moving over walls, chasing enemies, or escaping dangerous situations.
- Sight (Green) wards renamed to "Stealth Wards"
- Sight wards limited to a max of 3 placed per player
- Ward tooltips display how many stealth wards are currently placed
- Vision and Sight Ward are now worth 30 gold, up from 25
- The reward structure for killing wards has been changed to the following:
- The killer of the ward gains 50% of the ward's base gold value
- Nearby allied champions with Oracle's Elixir, or allied champions that placed Vision Wards nearby, split 50% of the ward's base gold value
- The following items will now display a targeting indicator to show whether you are placing a ward inside of a bush: Wriggle's Lantern, Vision Ward, and Sight Ward.
- Wards no longer list that they have 20 attack damage.
- Creep camp minimap icons are now more consistent; Clairvoyance and wards will now properly update the map icons
- Using Summoner Teleport on a ward will no longer reveal the ward through fog of war to enemies. Instead, it will destealth the ward to be seen if an enemy is near and reveal the teleport particle through fog of war to enemies
- Attack-move will now target visible wards
- Jax's Leap Strike, Katarina's Shunpo, and Lee Sin's Safe Guard can now target wards again, but will reveal the wards to enemies when used in this manner
- Teleporting to a ward will now reveal the ward to enemies for a few seconds
- Locally jumping to a ward will now destealth the ward for 2 seconds
- Wards and Teemo's mushrooms are no longer targetable/manipulated by spells (except Summoner Teleport). This means, for example, that wards will no longer be able to block Rammus' Powerball, Mushrooms will not block skillshots, and Jax is no longer able to Leapstrike onto a ward
- Wards no longer grant experience on death
- Cost reduced to 75 gold from 90
- Now has 3 health, is immune to healing effects and takes only 1 damage from every attack
- Health reduced to 1 and armor reduced to 0
- Reduced collision and spellhit sizes
- Duration reduced to 3 minutes from 4.5
- Vision Wards and Sight Wards now show their remaining duration (in seconds) in their mana bar. Both teams can see the remaining duration.
Deadfall Ward - 200
Haunting Ward - 800
Tomb Angel Ward - 25
Widow Ward - 75
Bat-O-Lantern Ward - 165