From Leaguepedia | League of Legends Wiki
(Redirected from Sight Ward)
Stealth Ward is a consumable item in League of Legends that is dropped when using Sightstone or any of it's upgrades. In addition to only 3 Stealth Wards can placed on the map per player, Only 3 can be carried in a summoner's inventory.
|Effects:||Places an invisible ward that reveals the surrounding area (1100 units) for 150 seconds. Limits 3 Stealth Wards on the map per player.|
- Champions in the Support role will often start the game with several Sight Wards so they may place them to avoid early ganks from the enemy jungler.
- Wards are most commonly placed near Dragon and Baron Nashor so a team can see if their enemy is attempting to take either objective.
- It can be cast at up to 600 range.
- After being placed, it is visible for one second. During this second, a team can attack it, although early in the game it usually takes three or more people to kill the ward before it becomes stealthed.
- A ward has three hitpoints and every attack against it deals one damage. There is no way to regenerate these hitpoints.
- A ward gives 30 gold when destroyed.
- The killer of the ward gains 50% of the ward's base gold value.
- It is possible to Teleport to a ward.
- Teleporting to a ward reveals it for the duration of the spell.
- Sight Wards are not available in the game mode Dominion nor in ARAM.
- Some champion abilities, such as
Corki's Phosphorus Bomb and
Lee Sin's Sonic Wave used to be able to reveal a ward. This was a useful tactic to allow teams to remove wards without having to buy a Vision Ward or Oracle's Elixir.
Katarina are all able to use abilities to dash to allied wards. This can aid them greatly in moving over walls, chasing enemies, or escaping dangerous situations.