Soraka - The Starchild
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|HP Regen:||2.5 (+0.5)|
|Mana Regen:||11.5 (+0.4)|
|Attack Damage:||50 (+3)|
|Attack Speed:||0.625 (+2.14%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+0.5)|
|Lore:||A healer gifted with the magic of the stars, Soraka holds all living creatures close to her heart. She was once a celestial being, but she sacrificed her immortality and entered the world of mortals. So long as evil threatens life in Valoran, Soraka will not allow herself peace.
Soraka lived for centuries in an enchanted grove. A being of the stars, she healed the wounded and sick that sought her out. One man called Warwick came to her grove and begged her to heal his wife, who lay lifeless in his arms. His despair touched Soraka's heart. Though it was too late to save his wife, she offered to help heal the pain of his loss. Unwilling to let go of his grief Warwick ran from the grove, but returned over the following days to hear Soraka's guidance. She began to grow attached to the grieving man. One day Warwick told her he had found the men who killed his wife. He believed revenge would heal his pain - and if he died fighting, he would at least find peace. Though she pleaded with him, Warwick ignored her and left the grove. The voices of the stars warned her not to follow him, but Soraka had to intervene.
She stepped into the mortal world for the first time, and soon found Warwick desperately fighting a group of men. She tried to heal him, but for every wound she closed, the men inflicted two more. Soraka realized that she would have to fight to save her friend. The stars screamed in her mind, telling her not to use her powers for harm. Ignoring their warning, she struck the attackers with a flash of brilliant light. Crying out in terror and shielding their eyes from her divine radiance, they fled. Soraka's celestial form faded and the stars fell silent - for her transgression, she became mortal. She still felt the power of the stars within her, but they no longer offered her guidance. She took comfort in Warwick's safety, gently healing his wounds, but the man she had called her friend slipped a dagger between her ribs. As her blood spilled, Soraka realized he had fooled her, and everything he had done was a complicated ruse. Feeling humiliated and betrayed she called once more on the power of the stars, searing his flesh and cursing his cruelty. He retreated with an agonized howl, leaving Soraka to reflect upon her fate. Though her life had changed, she felt empowered and renewed with a singular purpose. No longer bound to the grove, Soraka set out into the mortal world, vowing to heal the wounded and protect the helpless.
| The cruelty of one will not blind me to the suffering of many.
- Soraka, the Starchild
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|2014 LPL Summer Regular Season||3||5||5||0||100||7.1|
|2014 NA LCS Summer Regular Season||10||4||3||1||75||12.5|
|2014 NA Challenger Series Summer #1||4||1||1||0||100||27.8|
|2014 EU Challenger Series Summer #1||1||2||0||2||0||12.5|
|SK Telecom LTE-A LoL Masters 2014||9||7||5||2||71.4||20.8|
With Aegis of the Legion's old aura out of the game, squishy champions who were relying on it to give them enough magic resist find themselves a bit on the burstable side.
- HOORAY: Champions who previously gained no magic resist per level now gain 0.5 per level
- AFFECTED CHAMPIONS: Ahri, Anivia, Annie, Ashe, Aurelion Sol, Azir, Bard, Brand, Caitlyn, Cassiopeia, Corki, Draven, Elise, Ezreal, Fiddlesticks, Gnar, Graves, Heimerdinger, Janna, Jayce, Jhin, Jinx, Kalista, Karma, Karthus, Kassadin, Kayle, Kennen, Kindred, Kog’Maw, LeBlanc, Lissandra, Lucian, Lulu, Lux, Malzahar, Miss Fortune, Morgana, Nami, Nidalee, Orianna, Quinn, Rakan, Ryze, Sivir, Sona, Soraka, Swain, Syndra, Taliyah, Teemo, Thresh, Tristana, Twisted Fate, Twitch, Urgot, Varus, Vayne, Veigar, Vel’Koz, Viktor, Vladimir, Xayah, Xerath, Yasuo, Ziggs, Zilean, Zyra
These missed the original round of patch notes so we'll call 'em out now. If something felt different in your first few matches of the patch, you weren't crazy!
- Annie, Janna, Morgana, Nami, Sona, and Soraka have had non-gameplay impacting adjustments made to their attack animations
- Janna, Nami, and Sona will now use their crit animations when doing empowered attacks
- Janna and Nami have had adjustments to their basic attack visual and sound effects
W cooldown increased at early ranks.
Killing an opponent through Soraka’s barrage of heals can feel like an exercise in futility. We like her ability to sustain an ally through otherwise lethal damage in teamfights, where one positioning mistake can spell death for the squishy healer. But in lane - where she can hang way back and sustain - punishing Soraka without an aggressive support like Blitzcrank or Leona can be pretty frustrating. The low early cooldown on Soraka’s heal prevents opposing lanes from meaningfully trading with her carry, so we want the sustain train to start off slower before picking up steam.
4/3.5/3/2.5/2 seconds⇒ 8/6.5/5/3.5/2 seconds
Q slow and movement speed down. No longer refreshes Windspeaker’s.
Soraka’s changes are all about injecting more risk when she wades into the fray to provide assistance. For a champion that already pumps out amazing heals, the strength of Soraka’s kiting doubles up on denying any sort of aggression that comes her way. By cutting down on Starcall’s over-the-top protective tools, Soraka becomes less of a one-stop-shop for protection without losing the healing potential she’s picked for. Lastly, a quick note on Rejuvenation’s on interaction with Windspeaker’s Blessing. Windspeaker’s was made in a world without any healing over time effects - and as such, wasn’t really balanced around high uptimes. Enter Soraka’s Rejuvenation mechanic back in 6.5 and now she’s tossing around 6-8 second armor and magic resist buffs off of a single spellcast. It’s possible that we revisit this mechanic and work on clearly defined rules about how HoT’s (and other heals) should interact with Windspeakers, but for now we’re not comfortable with the amount of strength it’s adding to a single champion.
Q and W’s mana costs increased.
Our hopes with Soraka’s latest changes were twofold - cut down on the frustrations of her being a non-interactive backline healer while keeping her overall performance about the same. We’re confident we accomplished the first objective (Raka’s taking more risks to spread the love), but she came out a bit stronger than we’d hoped for. We were intentionally soft when tuning Soraka’s costs so players could play around the new Starcall paradigm, but now that folks have adapted, we’re making her consistent output more reasonable during longer fights.
Q always slows and gives Soraka a heal-over-time and movement speed when not running towards enemies. W heals for less, but copies the Q buff onto its target if Soraka is affected by it.
Though Soraka isn't overperforming like she was at the beginning of preseason, she's still seeing too much success hanging back and passively heal-botting her marksman. Without windows of interaction with Soraka, opponents don’t have much choice other than to try and focus down her lane partner, which is the exact scenario Soraka is built to counter. Starcall is supposed to create these windows of interaction via its shorter range, but its payoff isn’t exciting enough to justify its risks given how much general strength Soraka gained from preseason. The below changes have a lot of moving parts, but the gist is that Astral Infusion is now far less effective at undoing enemy aggression unless Soraka’s backing it up with frequent Starcalls. Starcall itself has been played up as a kiting tool to make it satisfying for Soraka on its own merits, and not just a prerequisite for impactful healing. Put together, Soraka should now be more accessible to her opponents, but in a way she can feel good about.
- Q - Starcall
70/75/80/85/90 mana⇒ 50 mana at all ranks
7/6.5/6/5.5/5 seconds⇒ 5 seconds at all ranks
- CELESTIALLY BODIED: Now slows all targets damaged by Starcall (instead of just slowing in the center)
- No longer deals 150% increased damage to targets hit in the center STARFALLEN:
- HOTNESS: Now grants Rejuvenation for 4 seconds, restoring 10/13/16/19/22 + 0.1 ability power per second and granting 15% movement speed when not moving towards enemies.
- W - Astral Infusion
- HEAL AMOUNT:
- HOT POTATO: If cast while under the effect of Rejuvenation, Soraka gives her target Rejuvenation for 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds (based on rank of Starcall)
- No longer increases Starcall's healing amount against champions MISALIGNED:
- No longer able to target minions SORAKACARE:
- HEAL AMOUNT:
Q range down, W cost up. R no longer removes Grievous Wounds.
Preseason brought lots of indirect help to healers, and with the dust having settled it’s time to begin following up on the balance outliers.
Like Soraka.Rather than touching the raw health output of League’s premier healer (™), we’re hitting Raka’s safety to increase her vulnerability and cap just how much healing she can actually do in a fight without a significant build adjustment or masterful positioning.
20/25/30/35/40 mana⇒ 40/45/50/55/60 mana
- SALT IN THE WOUND: No longer removes Grievous Wounds
Patch Notes 5.22
Mana and Mana Regen Adjustments
- BASE MANA REGEN:
- Soraka no longer turns a funky blue colour when using Zhonya's Hourglass or Wooglet's Witchcap
Patch Notes 4.21
Soraka's base health regen and health regen growth stat have been reduced, but Astral Blessing's passive now scales better with ability power.
"One of the problems the Soraka update tried to fix were the times when she would just sit in the back and heal things without ever being vulnerable. In practice, however, Soraka's synergies with health and mana regeneration allowed League's Premier Healer to overcome these obstacles and amp her annoying meter all the way to 11. Thanks to the way regen works in the 2015 preseason, we're able to mitigate the effectiveness of this strategy by lowering her base stats, but we're adding more power into Astral Blessing's passive to reward the most accurate of star-snipers.
- BASE HEALTH REGENERATION:
- HEALTH REGENERATION GROWTH STAT:
- BASE HEALTH REGENERATION:
Patch Notes 4.20
Base AD went down, E cooldown increased, W cast range increased.
"When deciding to retune League's Premier Healer, we were very conscious of how much interaction she should have with her enemies - as it stands, we may have gone a little too far. Soraka's losing some attack damage and uptime on her E to curb her offensive capabilities, but gaining range on Astral Blessing to keep her true to her roots: Healing. Premier Healing.
Incidentally, before this change, Soraka was tied with Tryndamere, Irelia, and Hecarim for having the 9th highest base AD in the game. That's like throwing banana-swords. Banana-halberds."
Patch Notes 4.8
Starcall does less damage and Infuse costs mana when used on an enemy.
"Soraka's solo lane patterns are pretty obnoxious, as she can simply shove out opponents with Starcall while inhibiting their ability to fight back with her free Infuses. Soraka should be brought to a solo lane as someone who can consistently support her team, rather than dealing high ramping magic damage via Starcall."
Patch Notes 3.15
"We've got larger plans for Soraka in the long-term but for now, we're giving her some extra survivability and mobility in the laning phase to keep her healthy for the preseason."
- Base armor increased to 13 (from 9.4)
- Base movement speed increased to 340 (from 335)
Patch Notes 3.14
Summary: Soraka's base health, health per level and base armor are all being increased and she has a new passive that makes her health/mana restoring abilities more effective when the target is missing more health or mana. Starcall now scales its magic resistance shred with ability power and if Soraka hits at least one champion with it, Astral Blessing's cooldown is reduced. Astral Blessing has been changed so its armor buff now scales with ability power. We saw an opportunity to add a new mechanic to Infuse, allowing Soraka to use her own mana as either a donation or for additional damage depending on who she targets. Turns out Wishes should probably not ignore untargetable allies, so now Soraka's ultimate affects everyone on your team. Context: Our changes are focused on giving Soraka additional utility scaling and rewarding tactical plays in the middle of combat. We also introduced more gameplay to Soraka's kit that promotes that in-combat healing style rather than being a simple health and mana battery.
- Base Stats
- Base health increased to 405 (was 375)
- Health per level increased to 76 (was 71)
- Base Armor increased to 9.4 (was 7.4)
- NEW Passive - Salvation
- NEW: Soraka's health and mana restoring abilities are 1% more effective for each 2% health or mana the target is missing
- Q- Starcall
- Magic Resistance shred now scales at +1 Magic Resistance shred per 100 Ability Power (0.01 AP Ratio)
- Magic Resistance reduction changed to 6 at all levels (+0.01 Ability Power) (from a flat 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12)
- If Starcall hits at least one enemy champion, Astral Blessing's cooldown is reduced by 5% / 6.25% / 7.5% / 8.75% / 10%
- Mana cost changed to 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 (was 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80)
- W - Astral Blessing
- Bonus armor now scales at +3 Armor per 20 Ability Power (0.15 AP ratio)
- Bonus armor changed to 50 / 65 / 80 / 95 / 110 (+0.15 Ability Power) (from a flat 25 / 45 / 65 / 85 / 105)
- Armor duration reduced to 2 seconds (from 3 seconds)
- Healing reduced to 70 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 270 (+0.35 Ability Power) (from 70 / 140 / 210 / 280 / 350 (+0.45 Ability Power))
- Mana cost lowered to 80 / 100 / 120 / 140 / 160 (from 80 / 110 / 140 / 170 / 200)
- E - Infuse
- Allied cast now gives an ally 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 mana + donates 5% of Soraka's maximum mana (was giving a flat 40 / 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 mana for 0 cost)
- Enemy cast now deals damage equal to 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 + 5% of Soraka's max mana (+0.4 Ability Power) (was 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 (+0.6 Ability Power))
- Can no longer be cast on allies who do not use mana or are already at max mana
- R – Wish
- Now affects untargetable allies
- Healing reduced to 150 / 250 / 350 (+0.55 Ability Power) (from 200 / 320 / 440 (+0.7 Ability Power))
- Improved Soraka's running animation
- Mana cost reduced to 100 (from 100/175/250)
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Infuse tooltip now states the correct ability power ratio at 0.6
- Soraka has received a visual upgrade.
- Updated Lore
- Astral Blessing armor buff duration reduced to 3 seconds from 5
- Wish cooldown increased to 160 / 145 / 130 seconds from 120 / 110 / 100
- Fixed a bug where Wish would sometimes not grant assists
- Duration of Magic Resist reduction decreased to 5 seconds from 8
- Mana cost increased at later ranks to 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 from 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60
- Infuse will no longer target allied minions
- Astral Blessing armor bonus adjusted to 25 / 45 / 65 / 85 / 105 from 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 / 125
- Re-timed Starcall's animation to sync better with Soraka's actions
- Improved Soraka's basic attack to be more responsive
- Starcall mana cost adjusted to 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 from 35 / 40 / 45 / 50 / 55
- Astral Blessing mana cost adjusted to 80 / 110 / 140 / 170 / 200 from 90 / 110 / 130 / 150 / 170
- No longer affects Soraka when cast on allies and cannot be cast on self
- Ally mana restore increased to 40 / 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 Mana from 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 / 125
- Recommended Items updated
- Base health increased to 446 from 426
- Base health per level increased to 71 from 67
- Cooldown reduced to 2.5 seconds from 3
- Base damage reduced to 60 / 85 / 110 / 135 / 160 from 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180
- Ability power ratio increased to 0.4 from 0.25
- Mana cost reduced to 35 / 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 from 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80
- Shred increased to 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 from 8 at all levels
- Maximum stacks reduced to 10 from 20
- Range increased by 30
- Astral Blessing
- Ability power ratio reduced to 0.45 from 0.9
- Cooldown increased to 20 seconds from 10
- Base Heal increased to 70 / 140 / 210 / 280 / 350 from 60 / 120 / 180 / 240 / 300
- Armor buff increased to 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 from 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80
- Armor buff duration increased to 5 seconds from 4
- Cast range increased to 750 from 650
- Ability power ratio increased to 0.75 from 0.6
- Cooldown reduced to 10 seconds from 15
- Silence duration adjusted to 1.5 / 1.75 / 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 seconds from 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3
- No longer grants double Mana when casting on yourself
- Ability power ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1.3
- Mana cost reduced to 100 / 175 / 250 from 200 / 275 / 350
- Fixed minor tooltip errors
- Infuse now grants assist credit on ally cast
- Infuse now prefers to target enemies over allies when your cursor overlaps both.
- Astral Blessing
- Base heal changed to 60 / 120 / 180 / 240 / 300 from 80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280
- Ability power ratio reduced to 0.9 from 1.0
- Buff duration reduced to 4 from 9
- Armor buff increased to 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 from 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35
- Removed Innervating Locket from her tips
- Fixed a bug with Starcall where it would stop dealing damage if the target reaches max stacks
- Starcall debuff now correctly states that it can stack up to 20 times
- Starcall mana cost reduced to 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 from 42 / 54 / 66 / 78 / 90
- Astral Blessing mana cost increased to 90 / 110 / 130 / 150 / 170 from 80 / 100 / 120 / 140 / 160
- Infuse will now infuse half of the mana value to the target, and half of the value to Soraka. Soraka will get the full benefit of Infuse when she casts it on herself
- Astral Blessing
- Cooldown increased to 10 seconds at all levels from 9
- Heal amount reduced to 80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280 from 80 / 135 / 190 / 245 / 300
- Wish cooldown increased to 120 / 110 / 100 seconds from 100 / 90 / 80
- Consecration aura will no longer persist in the area around Soraka after she is killed
- Ability power ratio reduced to 1.3 from 1.5
- Heal reduced to 200 / 320 / 440 from 250 / 400 / 550
- Mana cost reduced to 200 / 275 / 350 from 250 / 350 / 450
- Updated Consecration tooltip to properly say that Soraka grants a magic resist aura to nearby allies
- Wish ability power ratio reduced to 1.5 from 2.0
- Wish cooldown changed to 100 / 90 / 80 from 120 / 90 / 60
- New sound when casting Wish
- Fixed a bug in which Wish did not affect all allies
- Fixed a bug where Infuse was not playing a sound effect when cast on allies
- Astral Blessing
- Now heals the target for 80 / 135 / 190 / 255 / 300 instantly (still gives an armor buff for the duration
- Mana cost modified to 80 / 100 / 120 / 140 / 160 from 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180
- Health per level reduced to 67 from 70
- Starcall magic resistance reduction per stack reduced to 8 from 10
- Astral Blessing
- Reduced cooldown from 10 seconds to 9
- Reduced duration from 12 seconds to 9
- Increased armor from 30 to 35
- Increased healing per second from 7 / 11 / 15 / 19 / 23 to 11 / 18 / 25 / 32 / 39
- Increased ability power ratio from 0.085 to 0.11
- Increased ability power ratio from 0.4 to 0.6
- Increased damage from 40 / 80 120 / 160 / 200 to 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250
- Infuse now deals 80% of the mana restore damage (0.4 ability power ratio)
- Starcall cast time reduced
- Increased damage from 60 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 150 to 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180
- Increased magic resist debuff from -8 to -10
- Infuse REMAKE
- Can now be cast on enemy champions to silence them from 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 seconds
- Increased base damage from 43 to 47
- Astral Blessing particle now refreshes correctly
- Starcall cooldown reduced from 4 to 3
- Consecration no longer displays a particle
- Starcall damage increased from 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 to 60 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 150
- Increased base damage form 45 to 46
- Consecration no longer affects allied minions
- Wish mana cost increased from 200 / 300 / 400 to 250 / 350 / 450
- Astral Blessing cooldown increased from 9 seconds to 10
- Consecration magic resist reduced from 25 to 20
- Removed Consecration (so Soraka will heal less, deal less damage with Starcall, and infuse less often as she levels now)
- NEW Passive: Consecration - +25 magic resistance aura
- Reduced magic resistance from 35 to 30
- Starcall damage increased form 60 / 75 / 90 / 105 / 120 to 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150
- Astral Blessing magic resistance bonus removed
- Reduced health per leve form 78 to 70
- Astral Blessing
- Changed to tick every second instead of every other second
- Reduced ability power ratio from 0.2 to 0.85 (but it occurs twice as often)
- Consecration change: Reduced duration increase from 0 / 2 /4 / 6 seconds to 0 / 1 / 2 / 3
- Reduced cooldown from 16 to 15
- Consecration change: Reduced cooldown reduction bonus from 0 / 2 / 4 / 6 to 0 / 1 / 2 / 3
- Starcall cooldown increased from 3 to 4
- Starcall mana cost increased from 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90 to 42 / 54 / 66 / 78 / 90
- Made new recommended items
- Astral Blessing
- Reduced duration from 16 to 12
- Increased bonus armor from 20 to 30
- Increased ability power ratio from 0.12 to 0.2
- Increased healing from 10 / 18 / 26 / 34 / 42 to 14 / 22 / 30 / 38 / 46
- Increased ability power ratio from 1.0 to 2.0
- Reduced cooldown from 150 / 110 / 60 to 120 / 90 / 60
- Infuse mana restoration increased from 40 / 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 to 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250
- Astral Blessing now adds +20 Armor and Magic resist
- Attack range decreased to 550 from 600
- Wish heal increased to 250 / 400 / 550 from 250 / 350 / 450
- Healing increased to 250 / 400 / 550 from 250 / 350 / 450
- Tooltip should now properly reflect ability power bonus
- Astral Blessing
- Mana cost increased to 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 190 from 60 / 80 / 100 / 120 / 140
- Resistance bonus removed
- Heal changed to 10 / 18 / 26 / 354 / 42 health per 2 seconds for 16 seconds
- Bless' tooltip now accurately reflects the functionality of the spell
- Reduced the range of Starcall
- Fixed auto attack timings
- Fixed tooltip typos for Infuse and Wish
- Fixed tooltip funcitonality for Astral Shield and Astral Blessing Buff