|Coaches:||Andy "Reginald" Dinh|
|Sponsor:||Qualcomm Snapdragon |
|Number of Players:||7|
|Share this Page|
Team SoloMid is a North American eSports Team, created around the community website SoloMid.Net by brothers Andy "Reginald" Dinh and Dan "Dan Dinh" Dinh in September 2009. The team was first seen in early 2011 after being formed to participate in the Riot Season 1 Championship later that year. The organization has also previously hosted the now-disbanded Team SoloMid Evo.
Creation of Team SoloMid
The original Team SoloMid lineup consisted of Saintvicious, Reginald, Chaox, TheOddOne, and Locodoco to help represent Reginald's site Solomid.net. It was stated that, "With AoN(All or Nothing) disbanding and Regi still wanting to play competitively, he formed a new AoN. Except this time, it would be branded as Team SoloMid to represent the website." Later, on February 23rd, 2011, Saintvicious left Team SoloMid to join Counter Logic Gaming. This led for the team to pick up subs for the upcoming months, such as FeedFest, Westrice, Chu8, Doublelift and Qlown. The month of April saw two major additions to TSM, with the arrival of Xpecial and The Rain Man.
Riot Season 1 Championship
After the roster solidified with Reginald, TheOddOne, The Rain Man, Xpecial and Chaox, Team SoloMid attended the Riot Season 1 Championship on June 20th, 2011. TSM took first place in their group, going 2-1 and being the only team to lose to the Singaporean team, Xan. Team SoloMid then met the french against All authority squad in the semifinals of the double elimination playoffs. TSM was defeated by aAa 1-2 and knocked down to the loser's bracket. Team SoloMid met Epik Gamer, fellow North American team, and defeated them 2-0 which advanced them to the loser bracket finals where they met aAa for as second time. aAa starts the best-of-three series with a one game advantage because of their previous win against TSM in the winner's bracket. against All authority made quick work of TSM and won the game needed to take the series. Team SoloMid ended the tournament in 3rd place and took home $ 10,000 USD.
Team SoloMid attended the National ESL Premier League Season 1 playoffs on July 16, 2011. In the group stage, Team SoloMid took first place, going 10-1 by defeating Counter Logic Gaming, compLexity, unRestricted, TeamLiquid, HKEGG, jpak and friends, Defy All Odds, OGODBEARS, Disciples of Da Gr8 Whale Lord, and LowELO, dropping their only set against Rock Solid. In the playoffs of NESL Season 1, Team SoloMid lost to unRestricted in the semifinals 0-2, sending them to the third place match to play against Rock Solid, where Team SoloMid came out on top 2-0.
The next event Team SoloMid participated in was the ESL Major Series - Season VIII. Team SoloMid defeated LowLandLions 2-1 in the semifinals, but fell to SK Gaming 0-2 in the finals, taking home second place.
On August 21, 2011, Team SoloMid attended the IEM Season VI - Global Challenge Cologne. Team SoloMid went 3-0 in group stage, defeating Millenium, Team ALTERNATE, and MyRevenge. Advancing to the playoffs, Team SoloMid defeated FnaticRC 2-1. In the grand finals, TSM played against rival Counter Logic Gaming, who TSM lost to 1-2, taking second place at IEM Cologne.
Flying back to the United States, Team SoloMid attended the 2011 MLG Pro Circuit - Raleigh on August 26, 2011. At the event, Team SoloMid took third in group stage, going 1-2, defeating Curse Gaming while losing to Counter Logic Gaming and Epik Gamer.
On October 9th, 2011, Team SoloMid participated in the IGN ProLeague Season 3 in Atlantic City. TSM took out compLexity 2-0 in the first round, but fell to Epik Gamer 1-2 in the semifinals, sending Team SoloMid to play for third place. In the third place match, Team SoloMid once again faced Counter Logic Gaming, who TSM lost to 0-2, taking home fourth place.
Four days later, Team SoloMid flew out to New York to participate in the offline IEM Season VI - Global Challenge New York. Team SoloMid finished in 7th-8th place after going 0-3 in the group stages with losses against FnaticRC, Counter Logic Gaming and Dignitas.
In late October of 2011, Team SoloMid moved into a gaming house located in the state of New York.
Team SoloMid participated in the 2011 MLG - Providence tournament, which was held from November 19 to November 20. In the first round, TSM took out RFLX Gaming 2-0 to advance to the second round, where they fell 1-2 to Epik Gamer. TSM advanced through the Loser's Bracket with a 2-0 victory over Dignitas, TSM once again played against Epik Gamer in the grand finals. Due to Major League Gaming's extended series rule, Epik Gamer started off with a 2-1 lead against TSM. Despite Epik's advantage, Team SoloMid came out victorious 4-2 over Epik Gamer, taking home first place.
On December 18, 2011, Team SoloMid attended the National ESL Premier League Season 2. In the playoffs, they defeated RFLX 2-1, compLexity 2-1, and v8 Esports 2-1, placing them in the winner's bracket final, where they lost to Counter Logic Gaming 0-2. Team SoloMid then lost to Curse Gaming 0-2, placing TSM in third overall in the tournament.
The first tournament of the 2012 year that Team SoloMid attended was the IEM Season VI - Global Challenge Kiev, held on January 19. In the group stage, Team Solomid went 3-0 and took first, defeating SK Gaming, Curse Gaming and White Lotus. Advancing to the playoffs, Team Solomid defeated team Dignitas 2-0, qualifying for the finals where they faced Moscow Five. In the grand finals, Team SoloMid lost to Moscow Five 1-2, taking home second place.
Two months after Kiev, on March 13, 2012, TheRainMan resigned from Team SoloMid, citing differences in training regimen plans, as TheRainMan wanted to focus more on solo queue while the rest of Team SoloMid wanted to focus on full team scrims. On the same day, Epik Gamer's Dyrus was announced to replace TheRainMan. The main reason for the acquisition of Dyrus was due to the fact that Dyrus was already living in the gaming house for TSM and was a top lane player, making it highly convenient to add him to Team SoloMid's roster.
After the roster reformation, Team SoloMid appeared in the Leaguecraft ggClassic tournament, which ran from March 17th to April 1st. At the event, Team SoloMid went undefeated with wins over Raise Your Weapon, Curse Gaming, Jpak and Friends and 4Not.Fire, taking home first place.
On April 6th, 2012, Team SoloMid attended IPL 4 in Las Vegas. In the playoffs Team SoloMid defeated v8 Esports 2-0 in the first round, Curse Gaming 2-0 in the second round and team Dignitas 2-1 in the third round, advancing to the grand finals. In the finals against Counter Logic Gaming, Team SoloMid lost the first set 0-2, but came back to win the tournament in the second set, defeating Counter Logic Gaming 2-0 to take home first place.
On June 3rd, 2012, Team SoloMid took 1st place in the Reign of Gaming International Invitational. In the online playoffs, TSM defeated Ordinance Gaming 2-0 in the first round, Orbit Gaming 2-0 in the second round and Team Legion 2-0 in the third round to qualify for the offline finals. In the round robin offline finals event, Team SoloMid went undefeated, winning against Team SoloMid Evo, Teamless, and Curse Gaming EU 2-0. In the grand finals, Team SoloMid took on Team SoloMid Evo, whom TSM defeated 2-1.
One week later, Team SoloMid placed first in the 2012 MLG Pro Circuit - Spring. Team SoloMid was undefeated throughout the entire playoffs of the tournament, defeating MRN 2-0, Counter Logic Gaming EU 2-1, FnaticRC 2-0 and Dignitas 2-0. In the grand finals, Team SoloMid played against Counter Logic Gaming, who would be the first to take a set from Team SoloMid, with Counter Logic Gaming picking up the first set 2-1. Team SoloMid came back in the second set and took first place, defeating Counter Logic Gaming 2-1.
Team SoloMid participated in the GIGABYTE Esports LAN on June 15, 2012. In the group stage, TSM went 3-0 and took first, taking out Counter Logic Gaming Black, Curse Gaming and Team Green Forest. In the playoffs, Team SoloMid defeated mTw.NA 2-0, and Counter Logic Gaming Prime 2-1. In the grand finals of the GESL, Team SoloMid faced off against and defeated Counter Logic Gaming Black 2-0 to take home first place.
From August 3rd through to August 5th 2012, Team SoloMid would compete in the first MLG 2012 Summer Arena for League of Legends, which was held in New York City. Team SoloMid would compete against three world class teams: Curse Gaming, Azubu Blaze and Team BLACK. Team SoloMid's strong LAN performance would come to a halt at this event, as they would drop all three games against the Korean team Azubu Blaze. TSM, however, wanting to prove that their recent dominant form was no fluke, came back in their next two matches against Curse Gaming and Team BLACK with back to back 3-0 victorys. TSM would then move on to the Grand Final to get a rematch with Azubu Blaze, but would once again get swept by the Korean team 0-2. TSM would finish the MLG Summer Arena Championship with a second place placing.
Six days after their showing at the MLG 2012 Summer Arena, Team SoloMid would participate in the IPL Face Off: San Francisco Showdown. Once again showing their dominance in the North American scene, Team SoloMid would go through the entire tournament without dropping a single series to any team to take home first place, defeating Orbit Gaming, Singapore Sentinels, Team Legion and Curse Gaming.
On August 30th, 2012, Team SoloMid would fly out to Seattle, Washington to compete in the Season 2 North American Regional Finals. In the quarterfinals of the playoffs, Team SoloMid would sweep Monomaniac Ferus 2-0 to advance to the next round of the tournament. There in the semifinals, Team SoloMid would pull out a 2-1 victory over Curse Gaming. Team SoloMid would finish off the tournament strong, defeating Team Dignitas 2-0 in the grand finals to take home first place and qualifying for the Season 2 World Championship.
At the Season 2 World Championship in Los Angeles, Team SoloMid was given a bye through the group stage due to their first place regional finish. By drawing, they were slated against Azubu Frost in the quarterfinal round. Unfortunately for TSM, the Korean metagame once again proved superior as the North American squad failed to keep up with Frost's aggression and pressure. In a near déjà vu situation from MLG 2012 Summer Arena, SoloMid was swept 2-0, this time by the other Azubu team. TSM finished in 5th-8th place and took home $ 75,000.
Team Solo Mid would attend IPL 5 in Las Vegas on the 29th of November. Seeded in group C, TSM would advance 2-1 with wins over Meat Playground and Singapore Sentinels, but dropping a game against Curse Gaming EU. After the group stages TSM would face two sweeps and an early exit from the tournament, losing 0-2 to CLG EU and Azubu Blaze. Despite abstaining from streaming to prepare for the tournament, TSM did not perform as well as their NA counterpart CLG Prime who took 5th and 6th, and again could not take a game from the Korean teams. They would rank 9th-12th at the event and take home $1,500 in winnings.
On February 7th, 2013, it was announced that Team SoloMid would compete under the name Team SoloMid Snapdragon in representation of the mobile processor brand of their newly acquired sponsor, Qualcomm. Also announced was a partnership with Qualcomm and CBS to produce a web reality series, GameCrib, exhibiting the daily lives of TSM.
During the Summer Split, GameCrib was renewed for a second season and began airing on July 10, 2013.
As the NA LCS Summer Season began and progressed, TSM found themselves fighting to keep up with the middle of the pack and eventually ended the season with a .500 record of 14-14, coming in 3rd going into the playoffs, having public question if they will make it to Worlds with their shaky performances and the questioning of their team chemistry. The playoffs were held at PAX 2013. TSM went up against their old rivals, CLG but were able to best them in a 2-0. Next, Solo Mid faced the formidable and semi-favorite going into the matchup, Vulcun but were able to take another convincing 2-0 victory to gain a finals spot and more important, a seed at the Season 3 World Championship. TSM went up against the team that has dominated all season and their practice partner, Cloud 9. However, TSM were unable to best their competitor, losing 0-3 and taking home a respectable 2nd in the playoffs.
At the S3 Championship, NA fan favorite TSM would be placed into a tough group and found them ending up 4th in their group, unable to advance to the playoffs with a record of 2-6, only winning against Lemondogs and GamingGear.eu, ending up 11th in the tournament.
On October 20th, 2013, it was announced that Ninjaken would join Team SoloMid as substitute. The next day TSM announced that Dan Dinh and wingsofdeathx would no longer be substitutes for the team.
On November 1st, 2013, Team SoloMid announced Altec as a substitute. The following day, Reginald stepped down from his role as mid laner to become coach and was replaced by Ninjas in Pyjamas's Bjergsen.
- January, Team SoloMid forms a team. Saintvicious, TheOddOne, FeedFest, Locodoco and Chaox join.
- February 23rd, Saintvicious leaves.
- February, Westrice joins.
- March 28th, Locodoco leaves.
- March, Westrice leaves.
- April 5th, Xpecial joins.
- April 8th, The Rain Man joins.
- August 21st, 2nd Place at IEM VI - Cologne.
- October, Team SoloMid moves into New York gaming house.
- November 20th, 1st Place at MLG 2011 - Providence.
- January 22nd, 2nd Place at IEM Season VI - Global Challenge Kiev.
- March 13th, Dyrus replaces The Rain Man.
- April 8th, 1st Place at IPL 4 - Las Vegas.
- June 10th, 1st Place at MLG 2012 - Spring Championship.
- June 17th, 1st Place at GIGABYTE Esports LAN.
- August 5th, 2nd Place at MLG 2012 - Summer Arena.
- August 12th, 1st Place at IPL Face Off: San Francisco Showdown.
- August 30th, Razer sponsors Team SoloMid.
- September 2nd, 1st Place at Season 2 North American Regional Finals.
- October 4th, ORIGIN PC sponsors Team SoloMid.
- January 25th, Dan Dinh joins.
- February 1st, Kingston HyperX sponsors Team SoloMid.
- February 7th, Qualcomm Snapdragon sponsors Team SoloMid.
- February 13th, WildTurtle and wingsofdeathx join.
- March 1st, ASUS and Astro Gaming sponsor Team SoloMid, while Razer is no longer the sponsor.
- March 7th, Corsair sponsors Team SoloMid.
- March 25th, WildTurtle becomes starter AD after Chaox is released.
- April 28th, 1st Place at Riot S3 NA Spring Playoffs.
- August 31st, Qualifies for Season 3 World Championship.
- September 1st, 2nd Place at Season 3 North American Regional Finals.
- October 20th, Ninjaken is announced as a substitute.
- October 21st, Wingsofdeathx and Dan Dinh leave. 
- November 1st, Altec is announced as sub.
- November 2nd, Reginald steps down to coach position, Bjergsen joins the starting lineup. 
|Dan Dinh||Daniel Dinh||Sub||Coach|
|The Rain Man||Christian Kahmann||Top|
|Westrice||Jonathan Nguyen||Top||Epik Gamer|
|Locodoco||Choi Yoon-sub (최윤섭)||AD||Maximum impact Gaming Frost|
|Saintvicious||Brandon DiMarco||Top||Counter Logic Gaming|
|Jack||Jack Etienne||General Manager||Cloud 9|
|In Major Tournaments|
|2012-08-05||2nd||2012 MLG Summer Arena||0 : 2||Azubu Blaze|
|2012-07-17||4th||Elite of Europe||1 : 2||Moscow Five||$ 500|
|2012-06-17||1st||GIGABYTE eSports LAN||2 : 0||CLG Black||$ 6,000|
|2012-06-03||1st||Reign of Gaming International Invitational||2 : 1||Team SoloMid Evo||$ 10,000|
|2012-04-01||1st||Leaguecraft ggClassic||2 : 0||4Not.Fire||$ 3,000|
|2011-12-18||3rd||National ESL Premier League II||0 : 2||Team Curse||$ 900|
|2011-08-20||2nd||ESL Major Series VIII||0 : 2||SK Gaming||$ 3,250|
|2011-07-16||3rd||National ESL Premier League I||2 : 0||Rock Solid||$ 600|
- IPL4 Championship Game 1&2: TSM vs CLG
- Corsair Vengeance Cup (5/11/12) - TSM vs M5 (Best of 3)
- TSM on the Road to Season 2 Finals
- Top 10 MLG League of Legends Plays from Team SoloMid
- Top 5 TSM Snapdragon Plays from NA LCS
- December 6th, 2012 - TheOddOne, Chaox, Scarra, Xpecial on Season 3 Changes with MachinimaVS
- August 18th, 2011 - Interview: TSM group interview with SoloMidDOTNet
- September 2nd, 2011 - Team SoloMid at MLG Raleigh with Cyber Sports Network
- October 20th, 2011 - IPL 3 - League of Legends - TSM Post-Game Interview Day 1 with IGN Pro League
- October 20th, 2011 - IPL 3 - League of Legends - TSM Post-Game Interview Day 2 with IGN Pro League
- November 20th, 2011 - League of Legends Team Solo Mid Interview with Major League Gaming
- December 1st, 2011 - SoloMid, 1st Place League of Legends team, at MLG Providence with Cyber Sports Network
- June 10th, 2012 - Interview at MLG Spring Championship with Allyn Hoang for gamespot.com
- June 12th - TSM Snapdragon talk about their E3 2013 Experience and LCS (video) with GameSpot
- August 13th - Travis talks to all of TSM as they prep for Super Week (video) with GameSpot
- April 28th - Jack discusses managing TSM Snapdragon (video) with GameSpot
- TSM Rechristened "TSM Snapdragon", Webseries Incoming ggchronicle.com
- Reginald talks about TSM's new sponsors, show and the LCS gamespot.com
- Messiah's SoloMid Post
- Official Season One Championship Page eu.leagueoflegends.com
- IEM Season VI Cologne eslworld.net
- MLG Providence 2011 Grand Finals VOD majorleaguegaming.com
- Official IEM Season VI Kiev Page esl-world.net
- Why RainMan Left youtube.com
- ggClassic Semifinals and Grand Finals VODs youtube.com
- 2012 MLG Pro Circuit Spring Final Results majorleaguegaming.com
- 2012 MLG Summer Arena Finals VODs majorleaguegaming.com
- Vlog 1-25-2013 youtube.com
- CBS Interative Games Exec David Rice Sees 'Great Potential' For ESports On TV forbes.com
- WildTurtle Replacing Chaox as Starter on TSM newsoflegends.com
- Solomid's Twitter Post twitter.com
- Solomid's Twitter Post twitter.com
- Solomid Announcing the new TSM roster! solomid.net
- Xpecial Reddit Comment reddit.com
- NESL Roster History nationalesl.com
- Why i left solo mid solomid.net
- Xpecial Gunnar's description gunnars.com
- Reginald Vlog on TSM House youtube.com
- Team SoloMid Announces Roster Change solomid.net
- TEAM RAZER TAKES SOLOMID SUPREMACY! solomid.net
- ORIGIN PC Teams Up with Popular League of Legends Champions Team SoloMid! solomid.net
- Kingston HyperX Sponsors TSM! solomid.net
- Team Solomid to Become “TSM Snapdragon” and Get Their Own CBS Show newsoflegends.com
- Announcing the TSM Subs! newsoflegends.com
- SoloMid Facebook Post facebook.com
- Corsair and Team SoloMid Unite newsoflegends.com
- WildTurtle Replacing Chaox as Starter on TSM newsoflegends.com
- Team SoloMid faceboook post facebook.com