|Number of Players:||7|
|Coaches:||Kim "HooN" Nam-hoon|
|Managers:||Zhou "Zax" Hao |
Pei "KinG" Le
Li "Sky" Xiao Feng
|Team Captain:||Qu "Styz" Zi-Liang|
|Social Media Links|
|Facebook:||Team World Elite|
|Created:||LoL Division - 2011-03-21|
|Share this Page|
Team WE, the very first eSports club based in China, formed their first League of Legends team in March of 2011. Initially gaining recognition for their Warcraft 3 division, WE also sponsors players and teams for StarCraft II and DotA.
Team WE, once known simply as World Elite, is a pioneering esports organization based in Shanghai, China. They were originally a Warcraft 3 based team, housing many renown players such as Li "Sky" Xiaofeng, a legendary human-main dubbed as the "Human Emperor". The team turned 8 years old as of April 14, 2013. In 2011 Team WE created their first League of Legends team.
Team WE announced the formation of a League of Legends team in March 2011.  The newly formed lineup quickly achieved success in major tournaments, taking 1st in IEM Season VI - Global Challenge Guangzhou, 1st in the LoL Pro League, and 1st at Tencent Games Carnival 2011.  They fell to Invictus Gaming in the Chinese national finals for the 2011 World Cyber Games.  With a first place finish at Guangzhou, the team was ensured a slot for the IEM Season VI - World Championship, but due to visa complications, they were unable to attend.  WE qualified for IPL5 and the Season 2 World Championship in May 2012.
Team WE received an invite to Azubu The Champions Summer 2012, which would be their first test against non-Chinese teams since Guangzhou; they only managed to place in the top eight, losing 0-2 in the quarterfinals to CLG EU.  Expectations were high for WE at IPL Face Off: San Francisco Showdown in August, but they underperformed once again and finished just 5th-6th, losing in succession to Team Legion and Curse Gaming. These disappointing results led to the departures of YJTM and if, who were replaced by ClearLove and Fzzf.
At the Season 2 World Championship in October of 2012, Team WE was given a bye through the group stage. After a random drawing, they were placed against CLG EU in the round of eight, a rematch of their quarterfinal from Azubu The Champions Summer 2012. However, technical issues marred the best-of-three. The teams split the first two games before failed remakes and dropped connections forced rescheduling. In the postponed third and final match, a slow and grinding game ended up in CLG's favor. Team WE finished 5th-8th and brought home $ 75,000.
After winning the Chinese Online Qualifier for IPL5, Team WE traveled to Las Vegas to compete with fifteen other teams for the $ 100,000 prizepool. In the group stages, Team WE advanced first in their group 2-0 with victories over Fnatic and Azubu Blaze. Then in the Winner's Bracket, they went on to defeat Moscow Five (2-0), CLG EU (2-0), and once again defeating Fnatic, this time 2-1 to secure a spot in the Grand Finals where they would face Fnatic for a third time. Starting up one game in a best of five, Team WE came out victorious with a 3-1 victory to become the IPL5 Champions.
In their first major tournament in 2013, the GIGABYTE StarsWar League/Season 2, they trampled the group stage, winning every best of 2 set except against their biggest rival, Invictus Gaming, which ended in a draw. Much like IPL5, they won most of the bracket stage with almost perfect records. 2-0 against the Taipei Assassins and 3-1 against Invictus Gaming in the semifinals, WE was posed to take the tournament like they did with pretty much every single tournament they played in the past half year. But a slump hit few key members on the team such as Weixiao and team coordination was overwhelmed by miscommunication. Despite having a one win advantage due to being the winners of the winners bracket, they lost to Invictus Gaming in the grand finals 2-3.
The week before the SWL and the weeks after, the team underperformed against teams like OMG and Invictus Gaming, losing games to even teams like Royal Club Huang Zu, barely holding their top 3 spot. Despite the recent slump and less than expected performance, they managed to keep their perfect record against Positive Energy and take a game off of Invictus Gaming, in the 7th week of 2013 LPL Spring/Regular Season
Week 8 of the 2013 LPL Spring/Regular Season Team WE suffered one of their most devastating and humiliating defeats of the entire season, losing the Wings of Aurora in their first match of the week. During Day 2, they played a rough and slow game versus Royal Club Huang Zu, only winning in the end due to a decisive call made by Weixiao to base race.
Week 9 was dubbed by Chinese fans as "the Week WE returned" as they barely lost to OMG, and completely dominated Positive Energy and Invictus Gaming with the latter again not banning out Twisted Fate.
With the final week of of the 2013 LPL Spring/Regular Season looming ahead, the team had to also prepare for the upcoming NVIDIA Game Festival 2013 which they had to face OMG in the semifinals and Royal Club Huang Zu in the grand finals. By the end of the week, the team took first place in the tournament defeating Royal Club Huang Zu 2-0 in the best out of 3 series.
Despite the defeats in the LPL Spring Playoffs and the poor results at StarsWar 8, Team WE managed to defeat OMG (2-1) and Invictus Gaming (2-0) in the IEM Season VIII - Shanghai, securing 1st place in the tournament.
Team WE returned to China for the 2013 LPL Summer Split and finished 4th with a 13-8 record. They would go on to improve their performance in the playoffs and finished 3rd after defeating Royal Club Huang Zu in the 3rd place match due to Royal's forfeit. Team WE however was unable to qualify for the Chinese Regionals and didn't qualify for Worlds.
At the start of 2014, Team WE participated in the first season of Demacia Cup and finished 2nd, losing to Invictus Gaming in the Finals. In the 2014 LPL Spring Split, Team WE finished 3rd with an impressive 18-10 record. Despite their solid regular season finish, they would finish 4th in the playoffs, losing to OMG 1-2 in the 3rd place match.
The team would rebound at IEM Season IX - Shenzhen, winning the title after defeating Edward Gaming 2-1 in the finals. In the 2014 LPL Summer Split, Team WE would finish 5th with a 14-14 record. This meant the team wouldn't attend the Summer Playoffs or Worlds. In December of 2014, they attended the 2nd season of Demacia Cup and finished once more in 2nd, losing 2-3 to EDG in the finals.
During the Spring Season of 2015, WE acquired Korean star Spirit in the hopes of getting good results in the LPL. They would go on to attend the IEM IX World Championship - Katowice but leading into the event, they had a very rough time in the LPL, being at the bottom of the league when going to Katowice. Despite being counted out by most analysts, Team WE performed heavily above expectations and eliminated the Korean favorites GE Tigers from the tournament. They would fall to Team SoloMid 0-3 in the finals but took home a very respectable 2nd place finish. Going back to China to finish the Spring Split, the team was barely able to finish 8th with a 18-26 record. In the 2015 LPL Spring Playoffs Team WE fell to EDG 2-3 in the first round in a very close series.
The 2015 LPL Summer Split went worse for Team WE, as they would finish 11th with a 17-27 record. This forced them to attend the 2015 LPL Spring Promotion but they would re-qualify for the LPL after defeating Unlimited Potential with a 3-0 sweep. Near the end of November the team would attend 2015 NEST and won the tournament, defeating Snake Esports 2-0 in the finals.In the 2016 Season, after re-vamping their roster Team WE entered the 2015 LPL Spring Split as underdogs but proved to be contenders for the title after finishing 2nd with a 10-6 record. Going into the Playoffs, the team defeated Vici Gaming 3-1 and despite losing to Royal Never Give Up 2-3 in the Semifinals the team finished in 3rd after taking down Qiao Gu Reapers in the 3rd place match.
- January 3rd, 2nd place at Demacia Cup Season 1.
- February 12th, ClearLove and Fzzf leave.
- February 15th, Conan joins.
- March 15th, 7th-8th place at IEM Season VIII - World Championship.
- July 20th, 1st place at IEM Season IX - Shenzhen.
- August 22nd, Sin leaves, while Ruo becomes the starting jungler.
- August 28th, Caomei retires and OldB replaces him as Top laner.
- August 31st, WeiXiao retires.
- December 5th, Spirit Joins.
- December 14th, HooN joins as Coach.
- December 17th, YuZhe joins. OldB leaves.
- April 23rd, 2nd place at GIGABYTE StarsWar League Season 2.
- May 19th, 1st place at NVIDIA Game Festival 2013.
- June 23rd, 4th place at 2013 LPL Spring Playoffs.
- July 1st, 2nd place at Asian Indoor-Martial Arts Games 2013.
- July 26th, 1st place at IEM Season VIII - Shanghai.
- October 13th, 2nd Place at 2013 WCG China Qualifiers.
- November 10th, 2nd place at National Electronic Sports Tournament
- December 1st, 3rd place at World Cyber Games 2013, Analyst Aaron leaves. 
- December 16th, Misaya retires. Ruo and sukiM join, while Mann and Fzzf become substitutes.
- December 30th, 3rd-4th place at G-League 2013.
- January 13th, 1st place at World GameMaster Tournament 2012.
- June 17th, 2nd place at StarsWar 7.
- June 23rd, 1st place at Tencent Game Arena Grand Prix 2012.
- August 25th, ClearLove(now Mann) replaces YJTM. 
- September 6th, if leaves. 
- September 10th, Fzzf joins. 
- October 10th, 5th-8th place at Season 2 World Championship.
- October 28th, 1st place at World e-Sports Masters 2012.
- November 25th, 1st place at Tencent Games Arena Grand Prix Winter 2012.
- December 2nd, 1st place at IGN ProLeague Season 5
- March 21st, Team WE forms a team with Ayaya, Misaya, JoKer, YJTM, and if.
- April, JoKer becomes coach.
- April, YMS joins.
- July, 2nd place at Tencent Game Arena Grand Prix 2011.
- August 7th, 2nd place at WCG China Finals.
- August 12th, Ayaya leaves.
- August, Weixiao joins.
- October 5th, 1st place at IEM Season VI - Global Challenge Guangzhou.
- November 19th, 1st place at Tencent Games Carnival 2011.
- November 21th, YMS retires.
- November 23rd, CaoMei joins.
|Condi||Xiang Ren-Jie (向人杰)||Jungle|
|Xiye||Su Han-Wei (苏汉伟)||Mid|
|Mystic||Jin Sung-jun (진성준)||AD|
|Zero||Yoon Kyung-sub (윤경섭)||Support|
|SunnGoo||Fang Hong-Ri (方虹日)||Support|
|YuZhe||Zhang Zhe (张哲)||Support|
|Spirit||Lee Da-yoon (이다윤)||Jungle|
|Ninja||Noh Geon-woo (노건우)||Mid|
Team Dragon Knights
|Candy||Tang Xin (唐鑫)||Sub/Top|
Team WE Academy
|OldB||Yang Seungbin (양승빈)||Jungle|
Team WE Future
|WeiXiao||Gao Xue-Cheng (高学成)||AD||Retired|
|CaoMei||Wei Han-Dong (魏汉东)||Top||Retired|
|Ruo||Teng Yang-Tian-Xia (滕杨天下)||Jungle|
Team WE Academy
|Sin||Yeon Hyeong-mo (연형모)||Jungle|
|ClearLove||Ming Kai (明凯)||Jungle|
|Fzzf||Feng Zhuo-Jun (冯卓君)||Support|
|Misaya||Yu Jing-Xi (禹景曦)||Mid||Retired|
|if||Cui Yi (崔毅)||Support|
Invictus Gaming Young
|YJTM||Wu Song-Jun (吴松骏)||Jungle|
|YMS||Shu Wen (舒文)||Top||Retired|
|Ayaya||Li Ling-Zhi (李凌志)||Jungle|
|JokerJ||Xu Fei (许飞)||Jungle||Caster|
|Smallorc||Zhang Wei (张伟)||CEO / Leader|
|Zax||Zhou Hao (周豪)||Manager|
|KinG||Pei Le (裴乐)||Manager|
|Sky||Li Xiao-Feng (李晓峰)||Manager|
|Angelxi||Wang Zhen-Yao (王振耀)||Team Leader|
|YFK||Yang Fan (杨帆)||Team Leader|
|HooN||Kim Nam-hoon (김남훈)||Head Coach|
|In Premier Tournaments|
|2015-11-29||1st||2015 NEST||2 : 0||
|2015-08-13||RQ||2016 LPL Spring Promotion||3 : 0||
|2015-08-09||11th||2015 LPL Summer Split||17 : 27||Group Stage/Round Robin (W/L)|
|2015-04-14||5 - 8th||2015 LPL Spring Playoffs||2 : 3||
|2015-04-12||5 - 8th||2015 LPL Spring Split||18 : 26||Group Stage/Round Robin (W/L)|
|2015-03-15||2nd||IEM IX World Championship Katowice||0 : 3||
|In Premier Tournaments|
|2014-12-20||5 - 8th||World GameMaster Tournament 2014||0 : 2||Group Stage/Round Robin (W/L)|
|2014-12-13||2nd||Demacia Cup Season 2||2 : 3||
|2014-11-01||3 - 4th||National Electronic Sports Tournament 2014||0 : 2||
|2014-10-26||2nd||NVIDIA Game Festival 2014||0 : 2||
|2014-09-10||5 - 8th||X Championship Season I||0 : 2||
|2014-08-16||5th||2014 LPL Summer Regular Season||14 : 14||Group Stage/Round Robin (W/L)|
|2014-07-20||1st||IEM Season IX - Shenzhen||2 : 1||
|2014-05-25||4th||2014 LPL Spring Playoffs||1 : 2||
|2014-04-28||5 - 8th||International Esports Tournament 2014||1 : 2||
|2014-04-26||3rd||2014 LPL Spring Regular Season||18 : 10||Group Stage/Round Robin (W/L)|
|2014-03-15||7 - 8th||IEM Season VIII - World Championship||0 : 2||Group Stage/Round Robin (W/L)||$ 7,500|
|2014-01-03||2nd||Demacia Cup Season 1||2 : 3||
|In Premier Tournaments|
|2013-12-30||3 - 4th||G-League 2013||0 : 2||
Team WE Academy
|2013-12-01||3rd||2013 World Cyber Games||2 : 0||
|2013-11-20||3rd||2013 LPL Summer Playoffs||W:FF||
|2013-11-10||2nd||National Electronic Sports Tournament||0 : 2||
|2013-09-01||4th||2013 LPL Summer Regular Season||13 : 8||Group Stage/Round Robin (W/L)|
|2013-07-26||1st||IEM Season VIII - Shanghai||2 : 0||
|2013-07-06||5 - 6th||StarsWar 8||1 : 2||
|2013-06-23||4th||2013 LPL Spring Playoffs||1 : 2||
|2013-05-19||1st||NVIDIA Game Festival 2013||2 : 0||
|2013-04-23||2nd||GIGABYTE StarsWar League Season 2||2 : 3||
|2013-03-09||1st||G-League 2012 Season 2||3 : 2||
|In Premier Tournaments|
|2012-12-02||1st||IPL 5||3 : 1||
|2012-11-25||1st||TGA Grand Prix Winter 2012||2 : 1||
|2012-11-03||1st||International e-Culture Festival 2012||2 : 1||
|2012-10-28||1st||World e-Sports Masters 2012||2 : 1||
|2012-10-10||5 - 8th||Season 2 World Championship||1 : 2||
|2012-08-12||5 - 6th||IPL Face Off: San Francisco Showdown||1 : 2||
|2012-08-03||5 - 8th||Azubu The Champions Summer 2012||0 : 2||
|2012-06-23||1st||Tencent Game Arena Grand Prix 2012||2 : 0||
|2012-01-13||1st||World GameMaster Tournament 2012||2 : 1||
|In Premier Tournaments|
|2011-11-19||1st||Tencent Games Carnival 2011||1 : 0||
|2011-10-05||1st||IEM Season VI - Guangzhou||2 : 1||
Counter Logic Gaming
|2011-08-07||2nd||2011 World Cyber Games - China Qualifiers||0 : 1||
|2011-07-17||2nd||Tencent Game Arena Grand Prix 2011||0 : 1||
|In Major Tournaments|
|2013-10-13||2nd||2013 WCG China Qualifiers||0 : 2||
|2013-07-01||2nd||Asian Indoor-Martial Arts Games 2013||1 : 2||
KT Rolster Bullets
|2012-12-29||1st||HAN Pro League||3 : 0||
|2012-11-19||1st||Enter the Dragon||3 : 0||
KT Rolster A
|2012-11-11||1st||GIGABYTE StarsWar League||4 : 0||
|2012-09-27||1st||Ultimate Game Tournament||2 : 0||
|2012-06-17||2nd||StarsWar 7||1 : 2||
|2012-04-30||1st||NVIDIA Game Festival 2012||2 : 1||
- January 15th - WE Interview after WE vs EP Game “Every one of our lanes can become the focus lanes in our games” with PentaQ (translated by @thechewybar) (Original Article)
- December 1st - IPL 5 Panky interviews WE's manager/analyst (video) with Reign of Gaming
- December 2nd - IPL5 LOL Winner Team WE (video) with IGN ProLeague
Articles & Videos
Discussionsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Team WE formed replays.net
- IEM Season VI - Global Challenge Guangzhou esl-world.net
- WE Places 1st at Tencent Games Carnival 2011 games.qq.com
- WCG 2011 China Finals youku.com
- Against All Authority replaces WE at CeBIT esl-world.net
- Azubu The Champions Summer 2012 Results "ognlol.com"
- Team WE's Tencent Weibo Post (Chinese) qq.com
- Spirit's Weibo Post weibo.com
- “957”柯昌宇加入Team WE英雄联盟分部 beta.tatazu.com
- 957 joins Team WE as top laner thescoreesports.com
- Team WE's Weibo Post
- Zero joins Team WE thescoreesports.com
- Edward Gaming's Tencent Weibo Post (Chinese) t.qq.com
- 柯宜以转会的形式正式加盟WE.GIGABYTE (Chinese) tatazu.com
- Sin leaves World Elite, Ruo returns to starting jungle onGamers.com
- World Elite signs OldB from Prime Optimus onGamers.com
- WeiXiao Officially Retires onGamers.com
-  Twitter.com
- 中 WE 코치로 돌아온 김남훈, LoL과 함께한 그의 프로게이머 인생
- L.ACE's Tencent Weibo Post t.qq.com
- WE近期成绩不佳 数据分析师阿布黯然离队 (Chinese) lol.sgamer.com
- Team WE电子竞技俱乐部LOL分部人员调整公告 (Chinese) tatazu.com
- 传闻成真：Clearlove加盟WE 分队建立中 (Chinese) wangyou.pcgames.com
- 王牌基友档解散 WE辅助IF正式宣布离队 (Chinese) wangyou.pcgames.com
- WE阵容调整：Fzzf加入填补IF辅助空位 (Chinese) wangyou.pcgames.com
- Team WE正式成立英雄联盟LOL战队 (Chinese) lol.replays.net
- WE队长小饭离队 (Chinese) lol.replays.net
- Interview with Weixiao (Formerly Furrystyle) of WE clgaming.net
- WE战队夜梦书退役 TGC夺冠后完美离开 (Chinese) lol.plu.cn
- WE新队员确认！若风：草莓实力很强 打主力AD wangyou.pcgames.com.cn