Vayne - The Night Hunter
|Release Date:||May 10th, 2011|
|Real Name:||Shauna Vayne|
|HP Regen:||5.42 (+0.55)|
|Mana Regen:||6.97 (+0.4)|
|Attack Damage:||56.88 (+1.66)|
|Attack Speed:||0.658 (+4%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+0)|
Vayne is a ranged attack damage carry. Vayne excels later in the game even relative to other attack damage carries. Her Tumble gives her extremely high mobility and damage, while her Silver Bolts mixture of true damage and percentage of maximum hp helps her shred even the tankiest of targets. She also has a high assassination potential with the stealth from her ultimate Final Hour, the movement speed from her passive, the stun from Condemn, and her general high damage output. Vayne is generally played in the bot lane due to her general fragility early in the game.
|Lore:||The world is not always as civilized as people might think. There are still those who would follow the blackest paths of magic and become corrupted by the darker powers that flow through Runeterra. Shauna Vayne knows this fact well.
As a young privileged girl in the heart of Demacia's elite, her father tried to convince her of the constabulary's ever-vigilant eye. Young and naive, she truly believed that her world was one of perfect safety, until one night, when a twisted witch took interest in her father. The malevolent woman overcame her father's conciliar guard, then tortured her family before murdering them. The young Shauna escaped only by hiding herself and then fleeing once the hag had departed, plagued by the screams of her loved ones as she ran. A burning hatred was born in her that day, one that could never be denied.
Vayne was able to take care of herself using her father's money, and she began to train as soon as an instructor would have her as a student. By the time she was a fully grown woman, she had become a grim warrior. However, the fields of battle were not to be her home.
Demacia needed a protector, one who hunted those lost to the darkness. Shauna used her family's contacts to become the first Night Hunter, and now her prowess is the stuff of legends. It is said that those who practice the black arts quake when they hear that the Night Hunter is on the prowl. Despite her crusade, Shauna has looked at the League of Legends in horror. There are champions who have clearly lost themselves to the blackest of magics, and who have been embraced within the League even though they should be put down for the safety of all. The time has come for the Night Hunter to execute her secret mission - to purge the League of Legends.
|Not all shadows are to be feared. At least, if Vayne has her way.|
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|IEM Season IX - Cologne||0||2||0||2||0||14.3|
|2014 World Championship||0||4||3||1||75||5.1|
|2014 Season China Regional Finals||0||5||0||5||0||33.3|
|2014 NA LCS Summer Playoffs||3||0||0||0||0||10.3|
|2014 Season Korea Regional Finals||0||1||0||1||0||7.7|
|2014 International Wild Card Tournament||0||2||0||2||0||16.7|
Q deals damage to turrets and inhibitors.
Vayne relies on attack speed for the brunt of her damage (via Silver Bolts and Blade of the Ruined King), making her remarkably good at killing champions but not so great at taking pot-shots against structures. Clear strengths and weaknesses are important to keep champions distinct, but in Vayne's case, her lack of structure damage makes her too unreliable. Given that markspeople are supposed to be turret-killers, we're giving the Night Hunter a bump to her combat prowess against inanimate objects. While we were looking at Vayne, we also took the opportunity to make Tumble’s crits consistent with other empowered attacks - either both halves of the attack crit, or neither of them do. No more sad half-crits!
Silver Bolts loses its base damage, but deals way more percent damage.
Vayne's always been one of the few markspeople that could forego the all-powerful Infinity Edge in favor of hammering in more attacks to Silver Bolt her prey to death. We're taking that paradigm up to 12, giving her far more dueling strength when she can commit to burning down a single target and far less when she's pressured to switch focus.
Patch Notes 5.20
"Vayne’s dominance over the current state of the game is an interesting case. On one hand, Silver Bolts’ max health % true damage and Tumble’s in-combat mobility seem like natural fits for a metagame where Juggernauts and other melee fighters roam free. On the other, for a champion that’s meant to have a weak laning phase and a high skill curve, the frequency with which Vayne’s seeing play - and succeeding - does raise a few alarms. In keeping with her identity, we’re lowering Vayne’s effectiveness in the early game relative to other marksman while still preserving her potent late-game threat against the tankier champions in League."
- Base Attack Damage:
- Base Attack Damage:
Patch Notes 5.14
for your trumble
"Not much here other than some re-tuning to Tumble's responsiveness. We're not sure how much this actually helps, but ideally you should feel better about rolling around and shooting folks with your crossbow. Enjoy!"
- Mass Texture Rebalance
- Base, Aristocrat, Dragonslayer, Heartseeker, Vindicator
- Champion portrait updated.
Patch Notes 4.13
Vayne gets more attack speed per level. The changes to Final Hour are roughly neutral, as one was a bugfix and the other was to compensate for it.
"Vayne's always been one of the best examples of a hyperscaling markswoman, as she has to pay the cost of a weak early game before being rewarded with an extremely strong late game. So we buffed that."
- ATTACK SPEED PER LEVEL:
- ATTACK SPEED PER LEVEL:
- E – Condemn
- Fixed a bug where, if the target was being moved by a spell when Condemn's projectile hit (dash, knockup, knockback, pull, etc.) Condemn would sometimes not stun on collision with terrain.
Patch Notes 3.14
Summary: We're taking some of the hidden power away from Vayne's Condemn. The targets she condemns will no longer be unable to act at the end of the effect unless she stuns them against a wall. Additionally, we've removed the ability for Vayne to get a free auto attack on her victims while condemning them away.
Context: Similar to our Morgana changes, when we want to reduce some power on a champion without directly reducing their numbers, we first look to introduce more gameplay for opponents or to shave off hidden power. Highly-skilled Vayne players were getting a lot of trading power in lane by landing a free basic attack on a champion after hitting them with Condemn.
- E - Condemn
- Vayne can no longer queue up a basic attack on a champion after hitting them with Condemn.
- Fixed a bug where the target would be briefly unable to act at the end of the effect, even if they did not hit a wall.
- Condemn now deals all damage after knocking the target back. Wall hits are now displayed as critical strikes.
- Fixed a bug where the cast range was longer than intended (650 instead of 550)
- Final Hour
- Cooldown increased to 100/85/70 from 70 seconds
- Final Hour
- Stealth from Final Hour will now properly be broken upon launching a basic attack
- Range now accurately matches her attack range
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
Patch Notes 188.8.131.52 September 18th - World Championship Hotfix
- Base movement speed increased to 305 from 300
- Updated tooltips
- Base movement speed reduced to 300 from 305
- Night Hunter movement speed reduced to 30 from 40
- Tumble bonus damage reduced to 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50% from 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60%
- Final Hour Tumble stealth duration reduced to 1 second from 1.5
- Fixed a couple small bugs introduced to Condemn with Fizz patch
- Fixed a bug where Silver Bolts would go through blind effects
- Silver-Tipped Bolts will no longer interact with spell shields
- Tumble bonus damage reduced to 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 /60% from 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 / 75%
- Condemn damage reduced to 45 / 80 / 115 / 150 / 185 form 50 / 90 / 130 / 170 / 210
- Final Hour
- Movement speed bonus now triples instead of quadruples
- Attack damage reduced to 25 / 40 / 55 from 35 / 55 / 75
- Movement speed reduced to 305 from 310
- Range decreased to 550 from 555
- Tumble mana cost increased to 40 from 35
- Silver Bolts base damage reduced to 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 from 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70
- Condemn base damage reduced to 50 / 90 / 130 / 170 / 210 from 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220