|Number of Players:||0|
League of Legends HQ
|Social Media Links|
|Player Trades:||2013-04-02 PR0LLY leaves|
|Share this Page|
|This article is a team stub. You can help Leaguepedia by expanding it.|
Velocity eSports is a North American eSports organization that was founded in March 2013 around their League of Legends team after their departure from the Dirt Nap Gaming organization.
Velocity eSports was formed in March 2013 after the original lineup left the Dirt Nap Gaming organization. The remaining members felt, due to several roster changes, that they needed a new image to portray them. Their first tournament appearance was in the 2013 MLG Dallas Summer Promotion Tournament.
On Week 5 of the NA LCS Summer Season, ecco moved from Sub to become the Mid laner, moving Vileroze to Top Lane and Cris to Sub. On Week 8, Vileroze announced that Top Lane wasn't working out for him and quit the team, moving Cris back to Top Lane, the team went on to have a 1-2 record for the week.
The Summer season in LCS was not great for Velocity, even though winning their first game in a convincing fashion but were left throughout the season with poor performances. The roster changes did not help the team to adjust and they would eventually end the season last place with a record of 5-23, still able to keep hopes alive for Season 4 to win their spot back in the Spring Promotion.
In September, it was announced that ecco would leave the team as their mid laner, having Velocity change their roster by moving frommaplestreet to mid and picking up new player Slackoh for AD. After executing this roster change, Velocity eSports took part in the North American Challenger League, with two fellow LCS teams up for relegation, Team Curse and Team Coast, as well as 7 of the top Challenger teams in North America. The new roster changes, however, didn't prove to be enough to help the team break their losing spell. Velocity had a disappointing showing in the NACL, sitting in last place 7 weeks in with a record of 5-15. In mid-November, news broke that Velocity would be releasing their entire roster, citing that both the management and the players were tired and frustrated of being unable to "win consistently on any stage" they competed in, and that some of their members were at the point where they would rather quit than continue to lose.
Following the release of the Velocity eSports roster, it was announced that Denial eSports.East would temporarily stand-in for Velocity for the remaining matches of the North American Challenger League. Although it was stated that Velocity would be finding a new group of players to represent the Velocity brand in the upcoming relegation tournament, speculation immediately started about whether or not Velocity would sell their spot in the North American LCS to a different organization. Heated debate followed on Reddit, with a rumor spreading that Evil Geniuses had purchased Velocity's North American LCS spot, and that they intended on transferring the majority of their current roster to a new "EG.NA" team, with a few members staying behind in Europe for the formation of a new "European Superteam", which had already been rumored for quite some time. Sure enough, the rumors proved to be true. One month after the release of the Velocity eSports starting roster, it was announced that Snoopeh, Yellowpete and Krepo of Evil Geniuses would be transferring to Velocity, being joined by Pobelter, formerly of Team Curse, and Innox, formerly of Napkins in Disguise. It was also stated that the Velocity eSports brand would be changed to the Evil Geniuses brand, effectively importing EG from Europe to North America. As an organization is forbidden from owning more than one team in the League Championship Series, regardless of region, the team holding the Evil Geniuses spot in the European LCS will compete under the name Alliance, an organization with strong ties to Evil Geniuses, both brand names being owned by the same person.
- March 10th, Velocity eSports is formed with the previous Dirt Nap Gaming roster. PR0LLY, 울지마, frommaplestreet, Cris, Nk Inc, Evaniskus, dx30, and FallenBandit.
- To read about Dirt Nap Gaming history (December 2012 - March 2013), click here.
- March 17th, 2nd Place at 2013 MLG Winter Championship Promotion.
- April 2nd, PR0LLY leaves.
- April 24th, 잘 못 joins. 
- April 25th, Vileroze joins. 
- May 11th, Velocity qualifies for the Summer Season of North American LCS
- June 3, 울지마, FallenBandit, and dx30 leave. Ecco, nothinghere, and Gleebglarbu join.
- July 30th, Vileroze leaves.
- September 3rd, ecco leaves.Slackoh joins. frommaplestreet moves to mid. 
- October, Slackoh and frommaplestreet switch positions.
- November 11th, frommaplestreet steps down as starting AD.
- November 12th, Velocity eSports releases entire active roster consisting of Cris, Nk Inc, Frommaplestreet, Slackoh, and Evaniskus.
|Slackoh||Sean Ricky Paul||AD|
|Nk Inc||Andrew Erickson||Jungle|
|잘 못||Albert Zheng||Sub/Top|
|1Goal1Dream||Manuel Germain||Mid||IPL Summer Promotion Qualifier|
|SondeSC||Alex Ledoux||Chief Executive Officer|
|guitarasaurus||Brian Cordry||Chief Operating Officer/Manager|
|In Premier Tournaments|
|2013-12-11||7 - 10th||North American Challenger League||5 : 21||Group Stage (W/L)||$ 1,000|
|2013-08-16||8th||LCS North America Season 3 Summer Regular Season||5 : 23||Group Stage (W/L)|
|2013-05-12||Q||Season 3 LCS Summer Promotion||3 : 2||
|2013-03-17||2nd||2013 MLG Winter Championship Summer Promotion||0 : 2||
- March 16th - MLG 2013 League of Legends: Team Velocity Victorious! (video) with Ultness
- May 11th - Velocity eSports talks big Day 2 at the LCS Summer Promotions with GameSpot
- July 25th - Velocity talks Better Communication, Going 2-0 and Olive Garden (video) with GameSpot
- November 12th - Velocity eSports announces roster change with LoLeSports
- I'd like to start with a thank you... dirtnapgaming.com
- Team Status Update velocityesports.com
- Denial eSports temporaily subbing for Velocity in the NACL ongamers.com
- Evil Geniuses Possibly Buying Velocity's North American LCS Qualifier Spot? newsoflegends.com
- Alliance lineup announced, Evil Geniuses North American lineup confirmed ongamers.com
- Introducing Velocity eSports velocityesports.com
- coL.LoL Announces Changes complexitygaming.com
- BoxBox Joins Velocity eSports as a sub velocityesports.com
- Vileroze becomes new mid player for Velocity eSports! velocityesports.com
- Velocity Announces Subs velocityesports.com
- Vileroze Twitter announcement twitter.com
- hi im ecco~ former mid of velocity reddit.com
- Team Update velocityesports.com
- frommaplestreet Twitter post twitter.com
- Team Status Update velocityesports.com