|Alternate IDs:||coL Westrice, Ecirtsew, Crs Westrice, Crs Strice, Vertical Taco|
|Peak League:||Challenger I (NA)|
|Reddit:||Westrice's Reddit Account|
|Share this Page|
Jonathan "Westrice" Nguyen is the top laner for compLexity Gaming.
Westrice was born in San Diego, California where he spent his childhood before moving to Missouri to spend his teen years then back to California once again where he lives currently. The first game he played was the first Halo on the Xbox after his cousins introduced it to him when he was around 10 years old. Hes been a gamer ever since. He started into MOBAs by playing Heroes of Newerth due to his cousins playing as well. In 2010, he was invited by his relatives to play League of Legends and became his main game. He joined around the time the
Akali patch was released and became an instant fan of hers, playing the champion to the high elo ladders.
After playing for awhile and making a noteworthy name for himself in NA solo queue, in 2011 Westrice started looking to become competitive in the scene. A solo queue friend, Locodoco, introduced him to Team SoloMid, and was recruited by Reginald to play for them as a sub top laner when Saintvicious left Team SoloMid. Soon after, Westrice joined Epik Gamer to become a starter for the Riot Season 1 Qualifiers, where he became well known for his aggressive
Akali play. Westrice showed solid play for Epik during Riot Season 1 Championship, MLG Raleigh, MLG Providence, and IPL3 in both the top lane and AD carry roles. He switched to top lane permanently after the departure of Dyrus. The AD position was then filled by DontMashMe. However, as Dyrus was the longtime bruiser player in top lane, he had trouble adapting to new champions and as a result, Epik had a poor showing at IPL4. After the arrival of Aphromoo and wingsofdeathx post-IPL4, he was benched. In the summer of 2012, Westrice joined Curse, replacing Pobelter, who was too young to move into a gaming house. In November 2012, after the MLG Fall 2012 Championship, Voyboy replaced Westrice in the top lane for Team Curse, moving Westrice to a sub position. In December 2012, Westrice left Curse to play top lane for a reformed Epik Gamer but later switched to AD Carry. In January 2013, after Epik Gamer failed to qualify for the Season 3 Championship Series, Westrice along with Salce left EPIK and joined FXOpen e-Sports. In a relatively short period and with roster changes, the team gained a formidable name for themselves as a Challenger team, winning MLG Anaheim Spring Championship 2013. He and his teammates left FXOpen e-Sports and became To Be Determined. On the 20th and 21st of August Westrice competed in the ebay 1v1 tournament representing Operating Champs and managed to beat Aphromoo in the semifinals but ended up losing to fabbbyyy in the finals.
- His name comes from the combination of residing on the West coast and his Asian background.
- Pro gaming is the only job he had.
- Became more known in the community by being seen playing
Akali on HotshotGG's stream.
- Known for his
Vayne early in his career.
- Also known for playing assassin-type champions such as
- Has played every role except jungle in a competitive manner but his favorite role by far is top, feeling that is the only role that he doesn't get bored with.
- Achieved rank 1 in both Season 1 and 2, and was also the first to reach 2200 elo in both seasons.
- Wants to work with computers, studying computer science while in college before he took a break from school to focus on his gaming career.
- Builds Ravenous Hydra on almost every melee champion he plays.
- Owns a Patrick the starfish plush, which often appears in the background of his webcam.
|2014-02-16||2014 NA Challenger Series Spring #1|| compLexity.Black|
0 : 2
|2013-12-14||North American Challenger League|| Determined Gaming|
1 : 2
|2013-08-31||PAX Spring Promotional Qualifier|| To Be Determined|
1 : 2
|2013-06-30||2013 MLG Spring Championship Promotion|| FXOpen e-Sports|
2 : 1
|2012-09-10||Solomid NA Invitational 8|| Team Curse|
FF : W
|2012-09-02||Season Two North American Regional Finals|| Team Curse|
0 : 2
Counter Logic Gaming
|2012-08-19||SoloMid NA Invitational 7|| Team Curse|
2 : 1
|2012-08-12||IPL Face Off: San Francisco Showdown|| Team Curse|
0 : 3
|2012-06-24||Solomid NA Invitational 2|| Team Curse|
1 : 2
|2011-11-20||2011 MLG Providence|| Epik Gamer|
2 : 4
|2011-10-09||IGN Proleague Season 3 - Atlantic City|| Epik Gamer|
1 : 2
|2011-08-27||2011 MLG Raleigh|| Epik Gamer|
0 : 2
Counter Logic Gaming
|2011-06-20||Riot Season 1 Championship|| Epik Gamer|
0 : 2
- August 25th - Pluto interviewing Cop and Westrice in Bed (video) with Reign of Gaming
- August 25th - Westrice from Cursed talks about their 2-0 victory (video) with Gamespot
- August 28th - Road to PAX: Jonathan "Westrice" Nguyen with SK Gaming
- October 4th - S2 finals - Westrice and Cop interviewed (video) with SK Gaming
- October 10th - Lindsay Interviews Westrice Poolside (video) with Curse Entertainment
- November 4th - Curse Weekly: Starters and Non-starters (video) with Reign of Gaming
- November 6th - MLG Dallas 2012 - Pluto Interviews Curse Westrice (video) with Reign of Gaming
- November 7th - Hi, I'm Westrice and I'm now the sub for Team Curse. AMA. with Reddit
- November 27th - in2LOL Interviews Westrice from Curse! with in2LOL
- November 29th - IPL 5 Westrice Interview (video) with IGN ProLeague
- June 29th - FXOpen Westrice - MLG Anaheim 2013 - Day 2 (video) with Cyber Sports Network
- June 29th - Westrice talks FXO's match with Curse Academy and Rengar Op (video) with GameSpot
- August 21st - Westrice, gives insight on the LoL Challenger scene, PAX and his favored champions with Team Dignitas
- September 4th - 《英雄聯盟》Westrice 專訪 (video) with Garena
- December 21st - Travis and Westrice talk about Determined Gaming's promotion match and his future (video) with onGamers
- April 3rd - Travis and Westrice talk about yesterdays match (video) with onGamers
- April 3rd - 'Reflections' with Westrice (video) with onGamers
- April 26th - Westrice talks about tomorrow's match against Team Coast (video) with onGamers
- July 6th - Westrice speaks to the ups and downs in Team complexity's matches (video) with onGamers