Xerath - The Magus Ascendant
|Release Date:||October 5th, 2011|
|HP Regen:||4.5 (+0.55)|
|Mana Regen:||6 (+0.8)|
|Attack Damage:||51.66 (+3.0)|
|Attack Speed:||0.625 (+1.36%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+0)|
|Lore:||This was the moment.
The singular moment that had cost him so much, that had taken a lifetime of planning. A corrupt empire and its strutting princeling would be struck down under the blankly idiotic sun symbol they both so trusted. The key to immortality, jealously guarded and miserly offered, would be his alone, stolen in front of the entire world. A singular moment of perfect vengeance that would finally free the slave known as
|Too late, friend. Too late, brother. Far too late for us all.|
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|IEM Season IX World Championship||0||2||0||2||0||10.5|
|IEM Season IX - Cologne||0||1||0||1||0||7.1|
|2014 World Championship||0||6||2||4||33.3||7.7|
|2014 NA LCS Summer Playoffs||0||4||2||2||50||13.8|
|2014 Season Korea Regional Finals||0||3||1||2||33.3||23.1|
Patch Notes 5.8
"We tried to fix this with an earlier hotfix but that didn't stick. This should do it."
- ARCANE: HAT Fixed a bug where Xerath could accidentally fire his first Arcane Barrage on top of himself if he presses R too fast
Patch Notes 5.4
E'S MAX STUN DURATION IS DOWN.
"Shocking Orb was originally designed as a 'melee-friendly' crowd control - better at keeping opponents at bay from afar, but worse at stopping people that had already closed on him. In practice, it amplified his already-potent long range burst when used offensively, giving him really high pick potential for such a siege-focused champion. We're toning back the max duration to be less punishing for those brave souls looking to close the gap and stomp his face in. (Mask? Arcane headplate with eyesockets? You get it.)"
Patch Notes 5.1
"Tooltips often contain numbers. Sometimes, we accidentally write those numbers smaller than they are. This is one of those times."
Patch Notes 4.15
"The hidden power of support Xerath."
Patch Notes 4.14
R's delay between shots doesn't scale with cooldown reduction.
"We always intended for Xerath's ultimate to be very dodgeable in a one-on-one situation, as he should be relying on his teammates for help. While we could technically position this as a bugfix, this is a definite power reduction for Xerath, so we're calling it a nerf fix (as opposed to a buff fix)."
Patch Notes 4.2
Xerath is getting a complete overhaul of his kit along with new particle effects, ability icons, VOs and some new animations. Read below for the full details.
This rework isn’t driven by a concern for power levels. Instead, like a lot of our reworks, it’s focused on delivering a unique, cohesive champion theme. Xerath’s theme has always been the arcane sniper with huge damage potential. Give him time and the right target, and he can precisely pick off his victims. That said, with Xerath’s old kit, he had so much spell penetration and rapid-fire abilities that players would often just dump all of his damage on the nearest target. We believe his new kit delivers on a better champion fantasy.
- BASE MANA ::
250 (+45 per level)⇒ 238 (+47 per level)
- BASE MANA REGEN ::
7 per 5 seconds (+0.6 per level)⇒ 6 per 5 seconds (+0.65 per level)
- ATTACK RANGE ::
- VISUAL :: Attack animation has been shortened slightly
- BASE MANA ::
- Passive - Mana Surge
- Every 10 seconds, your next basic attack restores between 30 and 195 mana. The amount it restores scales with your character level.
- EFFECT :: Attacking an enemy champion restores double the amount of mana
- Q - Arcanopulse
- FIRST CAST :: Begin channeling, gradually increasing the spell's range from 700 to 1400 while slowing down movement speed by up to 50%. Xerath can move while channeling.
- SECOND CAST :: Damage all enemies in a line for 80/120/160/200/240 (+0.75 ability power) magic damage
- COOLDOWN :: 9/8/7/6/5 seconds
- MANA COST :: 80/90/100/110/120
- RANGE :: Channeling increases the ability's range from 700 to 1400 over 1.5 seconds
- EFFECT :: Xerath can hold a full range Arcanopulse for an additional 1.5 seconds
- EFFECT :: While channeling this spell, Xerath gradually slows his movement speed by up to 50%
- W - Eye of Destruction
- AOE DAMAGE & SLOW :: Calls down a ground-targeted blast of energy, dealing 60/90/120/150/180 (+0.6 ability power) magic damage to all enemies caught within the blast and slowing them by 10%
- CENTER OF BLAST :: Enemies caught in the middle of the blast instead take 90/135/180/225/270 (+0.9 ability power) magic damage and are slowed by 60/65/70/75/80% instead
- COOLDOWN :: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
- MANA COST :: 70/80/90/100/110
- RANGE :: 1000
- E - Shocking Orb
- SKILLSHOT NUKE :: Fires an orb of raw magic in a straight line. The first enemy hit takes 80/110/140/170/200 (+0.45 ability power) magic damage and is stunned for between 0.75 and 2 seconds (the stun duration is based on how far the orb traveled)
- COOLDOWN :: 13/12.5/12/11.5/11 seconds
- MANA COST :: 60/65/70/75/80
- RANGE :: 1000
- R - Rite of the Arcane
- ULTIMATE :: Xerath roots himself in place and gains three shots of Arcane Barrage, a very long range magic artillery that does 190/245/300 (+0.43 ability power) magic damage to all enemies hit. Xerath can cancel this effect early. Half of the cooldown is refunded if no shots of Arcane Barrage were used.
- COOLDOWN :: 130/115/100 seconds
- MANA COST :: 100 at all ranks
- RANGE :: 3200/4400/5600
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
Patch Notes 126.96.36.199
September 18th - World Championship Hotfix
- Locus of Power can now be cast while rooted
- Arcane Barrage
- Reduced the delay between casting the spell and the impact to 0.5 seconds from 0.875 seconds
- The visual indicator for the ultimate will now appear at the start of the cast bar instead of at the end
- Locus of Power magic penetration bonus increased to 16 / 22 / 28 / 34 / 40% from 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30%
- Mage Chains
- Missile speed increased to 2,100 from 1,700
- Ability power ratio increased to 0.8 from 0.7
- Arcane Barrage's allied ultimate HUD indicator will now remain green until all 3 spell casts are used
- Fixed a bug where Mage Chains could sometimes stun the target for 2 seconds instead of 1.5