Moon (Galen Holgate)
|Country of Birth||United States|
|Social Media & Links|
Galen "Moon" Holgate joined Frank Fang Gaming in March 2015, part of a new roster that included himself, LattmaN, BonQuish, BrandonFtw, and goldenglue. The team quickly became a favorite in the Challenger scene and took second place in the AlphaDraft Challenger League, behind Misfits. However, after they were eliminated in the first round of the NACS Summer Qualifier by Cloud9 Tempest, the team disbanded. Moon received offers from multiple teams that had qualified and first played a game with Winterfox in the second week of the NACS summer season before joining Team Imagine, where he started as their jungler in the third week of the season when the team fully replaced their starting lineup.
Imagine finished fourth in the regular season, with a 6-4 record. In the 2015 NACS Summer Playoffs, they lost in the semifinals to eventual tournament winner Renegades, but won the third place match against Cloud 9 Tempest to secure a spot in the 2016 LCS Promotion Tournament. Chosen by Team 8, they lost 3-1 - out of LCS qualification, but regardless retaining their 2016 NACS spring season placement.
Moon joined NRG, a new team that purchased Team Coast's spot for the NA LCS 2016 Spring Season, in November 2015. NRG started the LCS strong, tied for either first or second place through the first four weeks, but after the fifth week they fell down to fifth place and remained there for the rest of the season. They were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.
- Known for his Evelynn, picking her even when she's not in meta.
- Close friends with fellow jungler Akaadian.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- January 12, Player Interview: Galen “Moon” Holgate with , and on NRG
- May 20, Power Outage - Moon on the playoffs: 'It felt like all the work was just gone' with , and on theScore Esports
- January 22, Moon on FlyQuest's all American roster: 'A lot of teams have Koreans and imports and there’s always problems with that' with , and on The Score
- January 24, Moon on FlyQuest: “We didn’t have computers (for practice) or anything, so we weren’t really expecting much this first week.” with , and on Slingshot
- January 30, FlyQuest's resurgent Moon: 'Dardoch's my rival' with , and on ESPN
- January 31, FlyQuest Moon: ‘I’m learning a lot but our scrims are really, really terrible right now’ with , and on Yahoo Esports
- February 2, FlyQuest's Moon Reaches for the Stars by Xander Torres & Cass Marshall on Red Bull
- February 8, Moon on his practice routine: ‘I spend an hour in Sandbox mode every day testing stuff’ with , and on Yahoo Esports
- February 22, Moon talks about FlyQuest's scrim performance, his time with TLA, and learning to shot-call from Hai with , and on Blitz Esports
- March 9, Moon: “After a win or a loss, you want to have a positive mindset.” with , and on Slingshot Esports
- March 10, Moon x Akaadian: two junglers discuss their rivalry and hint at a secret language with , and on Yahoo Esports
- March 29, FlyQuest Moon on the team’s performance ‘We didn’t have any effective practice for the entire split’ with , and on Yahoo Esports
- April 7, Moon Rising - A Yahoo Esports Feature with , and on Yahoo Esports
- April 11, Moon on his mentality after falling behind 2-0 to CLG: “I thought we would just lose 3-0, to be honest.” with , and on Slingshot Esports
- April 12, Moon on Evelynn pick: 'I shouldn't have picked it, if we had lost I would have been so depressed' with , and on Yahoo Esports
- April 19, FlyQuest's Moon: 'I guess I’ve just grown up? I guess I’m not a kid anymore.' with , and on Yahoo Esports
- April 27, Moon on Vancouver crowd: “It was way better than I imagined.” with , and on Slingshot Esports
- April 27, FLY Moon on the NA finals pigeon: ‘I was scared for my life’ with , and on Yahoo Esports
- June 6, Moon on losing to Akaadian, missing Akaadian, and never being as buff as Akaadian with , and on Blitz Esports
- June 8, Moon on FlyQuest: “I think a lot of my players would consider retiring and stuff like that if they don’t make worlds.” with , and on Slingshot Esports
- July 5, Moon: “Playing in NA can be really depressing because when you look at the grand scheme of things, we’re (3-7) in NA, and NA sucks compared to LCK…We’re in one of the worst regions, and we suck in that region.” with , and on Emily Rand for Slingshot Esports
- July 27, FLY Moon: “I actually love imbalanced patches. I think they’re really fun.” with , and on Emily Rand for Slingshot Esports
- August 7, FlyQuest Features - Kayn in the Jungle ft. Moon by , and on FlyQuest Sports
- August 10, FlyQuest Features - Baking Desserts ft. Moon by , and on FlyQuest Sports
- August 11, Moon: 'Right now the game is actually pretty enjoyable and it seems like it's in a good spot' with , and on Travis Gafford
- September 9, Moon discusses FlyQuest's game against Dignitas, shares expectations for his team's future with , and on Travis Gafford
- August 2, CG Moon on Becoming a Leader, Playing In Academy, and His Return to the NA LCS with Nick Geracie on Inven Global
- March 11, Moon explains why CLG is the best org he's been a part of with Travis Gafford on YouTube
The following pages redirect here.