|North American LCS & Challenger|
| NACS 2014 Summer Series 1
| League Information
|| Riot Games
|| Coke Zero
|| North America
| Event Type:
|| Play In + Bracket
| Prize Pool:
|| $ 20,000
| Start Date:
| End Date:
| Spoiler-Free Schedule:
The 2014 NA Challenger Series is a Challenger league that runs alongside the LCS for the entire 2014 season and a direct bridge into the LCS. Sixteen teams from the Challenger ladder will be placed into five brackets of four, where the top five teams will be placed into Challenger Series #1. The teams will then play in a single elimination bracket; the top three teams from this bracket will advance into Challenger Series #2, where they will be joined by another five teams from another twenty team qualifier identical to the one for Challenger Series #1.
Teams earn points from finishes in each Challenger Series. The top six teams with the most points will compete against each other, where the top three will earn a spot in the next LCS Promotion Tournament.
- Play-In 1
- Top 20 teams from the Challenger Tier Ranked 5s Ladder are split into five brackets of four.
- Each match is a Best of One.
- Each bracket winner advances into the Challenger Series #1.
- Challenger Series #1
- Round of 8, Single Elimination
- Three teams pre-qualified who dropped from the Promotion Tournament
- Five teams from Play-In #1.
- Each match is a Best of Three.
- Winning teams earn cash prizes and points based on their finish
- Top three teams advance to Challenger Series #2.
$ 20,000 US Dollars are spread among the teams as seen below:
- Converted prizes calculated with values provided by http://www.xe.com on June 22, 2014, as follows:
- $ 1 US Dollars = € .735 Euros
Challenger Series #1
from Promotion Tournament