Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
2018 Asian Games/South Asia Qualifier/India Qualifier
|2018 Asian Games India Qualifier|
|Location & Dates|
- Note: While the regional qualifiers are officially part of the Asian Games, any country-specific qualifiers are unofficial and organized solely by the host country. Some countries elected to hold qualifiers, while others simply chose their teams. For this reason, the list of qualifiers listed in the tabs is shorter than the list of countries present at the regional qualifier.
The 2018 Asian Games is a continental multi-sport event held every four years among athletes from all over Asia. The event is recognized by the International Olympic Committee as the second largest multi-sport event after the Olympics. The 2018 edition will host League of Legends as an Official Demonstration Sport and will feature the national teams selected by the 45 members of the Olympic Council of Asia.
- Single elimination bracket
- Semifinals and finals are best of three
- All other matches are best of one
- Winner qualifies for the 2018 Asian Games - South Asia Qualifier as the Indian representative
|Q||South Asia Qualifier||Ruthless Gaming|
Only two teams registered for national qualifiers - Team Laggers and Ruthless Gaming. Even after multiple reminders, Team Laggers failed to complete their registration formalities. Therefore the ESFI (Esports Federation of India) were forced to refuse their entry, meaning that Team Ruthless would be the only team entered into the qualifier. They will be part of Team India (subject to IOA approval) and represent India at the Asian Games.
Articles & Videos
- Esports Federation of India's Facebook Post facebook.com