As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
LPL/2018 Season/Championship Points
- The 1st place team of the Summer Split will automatically qualify (AQ) for the Worlds Main Event as the first seed.
- Note: The 1st place team of the Summer Split, according to the LPL Ruleset, is granted 180 points which no other team can overtake due to the Championship Points Tiebreaker, effectively serving as an AQ for Worlds.
- The team that has accrued the most championship points throughout the 2018 Season (and wasn't automatically qualified) will also qualify for the Worlds Main Event as the second seed.
- The third seed, determined at the Regional Finals, will qualify for the Worlds Play-In Stage.
- 3rd to 5th ranked teams (with AQ included as the 1st team) in LPL Championship Points will qualify for the Regional Finals.
- The regional qualifier is a single elimination King of the Hill bracket with seeding based on Championship Points.
Championship Points Tiebreaker
In the event that multiple teams are tied in the standings at the conclusion of the Summer Split, then the team that gained the most points in the Summer Split will be considered the holder of the tiebreaker.
- According to the LPL Ruleset, any team with Championship Points in Summer Split wouldn't get the same points with each other, meaning that the Championship Point Tiebreaker Series, although mentioned in the LPL Ruleset, will never happen.
- However, since the 5th and 6th teams in Summer Split also have different points earned in Summer, there will be a series of tiebreakers to decide which team will gain more points. In the event that two teams are tied at the 5th-6th position for the Summer Split, the Summer Split regular season win loss record will be the first tiebreaker. If both teams are tied in the Summer Split regular season, then head to head will be used to determine the tiebreaker. Summer Split regular season head to head will include any tiebreaker games needed to determine position.
|11||Oh My God||0||0||0|