+30 Magic Resist
Aegis of the Legion is an advanced item available in Classic and Dominion mode.
- This item is usually purchased by support or tank champions.
- Defense > Armor
- Defense > Health
- Defense > Magic Resist
- Defense > Health Regen
- It is one of only two items in the game that offer both armor and magic resistance, the other being Guardian Angel.
Aura removed. Health removed. MR increased. Armor added.
There’s just no way around it: Aegis of the Legion is too strong. No amount of magic resist would feel impactful on one champion without being overpowered on five, so we’re removing the aura. With that out of the way, we need to give supports other ways to accomplish what Aegis of the Legion did: protect their team. To do that, we’re introducing
But what does Aegis look like without its aura? The Aegis line is for low-level champions who are at risk of deletion, yet are expected to roam and ward alone (supports and utility junglers, that’s you). With assassins running around, Aegis is the perfect buy to feel a bit safer straying into the Fog of War.
TOTAL COST : 1100 gold
BUILD PATH : Null-Magic Mantle + Cloth Armor + 350 gold
MAGIC RESIST :  ⇒ 30
HEALTH No longer grants 200 health
BASE HEALTH REGENERATION No longer grants +100% base health regen
AURA UNIQUE PASSIVE - Legion: No longer gives nearby allied units +10 magic resist
TOTAL cost : [1600 gold] ⇒ 1500 gold
BUILD path : Null-Magic Mantle + Crystalline Bracer + 400 gold
MAGIC resist AURA :  ⇒ 10
Costs less. Now has health regen for the buyer, but loses its health regen aura and part of its magic resist.
As it is now, Aegis of the Legion (and Locket, which we’ll get to in a moment) are mandatory against teams with even the slightest penchant for magic damage, due to the ambiguous but powerful nature of it’s health regen aura. Changin’ up the build path and stat-lines to be more attractive to low-income supports, but less generically powerful.
TOTAL COST : [1900 gold] ⇒ 1600 gold
BUILD PATH : Null-Magic Mantle + Crystalline Bracer + 550 gold
BASE HEALTH REGEN : [0%] ⇒ 100%
MAGIC RESIST AURA : [20 to all nearby units] ⇒ 15 to all nearby units
HEALTH REGEN AURA [75% health regen to all nearby units] ⇒ 0
Rejuvenation Bead + Cloth Armor + Ruby Crystal + Null Magic Mantle + 670 Gold ⇒ Rejuvenation Bead + Ruby Crystal + Negatron Cloak + 600 gold
- TOTAL COST:
1950 gold ⇒ 1900 gold
- "NEW" MAGIC RESISTANCE: +20 magic resistance
- "REMOVED" ARMOR:
- NEW Recipe: Rejuvenation Bead + Cloth Armor + Ruby Crystal + Null-Magic Mantle + 595 Gold (Total 1950 Gold)
- Combine cost reduced to 375 Gold from 625 (total cost reduced to 1900 Gold from 2150)
- Health reduced to 200 from 250
- No longer grants self-only Magic Resist
- Removed from Runic Bulwark recipe
- Added to Locket of the Iron Solari recipe
- UNIQUE Aura – Legion
- No longer grants Armor
- Magic Resist increased to 20 from 15
- No longer grants additional bonuses to minions
- Aura grants an additional 50% Health Regen, Armor and Magic Resist for minions
- Now builds into Runic Bulwark
- Recipe changed to Emblem of Valor + Ruby Crystal + Null-Magic Mantle
- Health reduced from 270 to 250
- Armor increased from 18 to 20
- Magic Resist reduced from 24 to 20
- Unique Aura changed to "Legion: Nearby allies gain 10 Armor, 15 Magic Resist and 10 Health Regen per 5 seconds."
- Cost increased from 1,925 (750) to 2,150 (625)
- Aura bonuses are now only applied to ally champions instead of to all ally units
- No longer buffs allies while the holder is dead
- Fixed a bug where it was not affecting minions
- Clones will no longer grant a double bonus to the aura holder. Clones with aura items otherwise interact the same with other champions.
- Now gives +270 health, +18 armor, +24 magic resist and an unique aura: +12 armor, +15 magic resist, +8 damage to nearby allied units
- Magic resist aura reduced to 25 from 40
- Armor aura reduced to 25 from 35
- Damage aura increased to 10 from 8
- Health increased to 300 from 285
- Health reduced from 300 to 285
- Combine cost increased from 700 to 75
July 10, 2009 Patch
May 9, 2009 Patch
|Featured Game Modes Specific|