|Country of Birth||Canada|
|Birthday||May 8, 1997 (age 22)|
|Soloqueue IDs||xiaomx, AItecX, illustic, Crs Altec, scarraru, AItecRu, AltecX, C9 Altec, Sleeperdog (KR)|
|Social Media & Links|
Johnny "Altec" Ru was previously the bot laner for Echo Fox.
Johnny "Altec" Ru was born on May 8, 1997 in Vancouver, British Columbia. Ru began playing video games at the age of 8, starting with Runescape, Maplestory, and other MMORPG games. League of Legends was his first MOBA game.
Altec's first competitive team was vVv Gaming, which he joined in April 2012 and then left in August. In January 2013, Altec became the AD carry for Curse Academy, where he stayed until July of the same year, and in October 2013 he was announced as a substitute for Team SoloMid. Though he never played as a starter for the team, the position helped grow his presence in the scene, and he became known as one of the stronger up-and-coming players.
In December 2013, Altec joined The Walking Zed, replacing former AD carry bobbyhankhill. Altec stayed with the team through their acquisition by Cloud9, but when they failed to qualify for the LCS summer split, the team disbanded in May. Later that month, he joined Evil Geniuses.NA as their starting AD carry, replacing yellowpete starting in the second game of the summer split.
Prior to the start of the Spring Split, Evil Geniuses rebranded itself as Winterfox. Altec played with them for the entire split; however, he switched to support for week 7, while their coach Paragon started as their mid laner. The team finished in eighth place with a 7-11 record, forced into relegations. Given the choice between playing against Team Dragon Knights and Team Fusion, Winterfox chose the former, despite their higher placement in the Challenger playoffs. Due to starting mid laner Kyle leaving the team prior to the tournament, TDK started Alex Ich in mid lane, and Winterfox lost the series 1-3 and sending them to the Challenger series. Altec left the team and joined Gravity, replacing Cop to rejoin the LCS for the summer split. In the split's regular season, Gravity finished each week in at worst fourth position, even holding sole possession of first place for weeks 7 and 8; however, they lost both of their games in the final week and ended the season in fourth, after a tiebreaker loss to Team Impulse. In the playoff quarterfinals, Gravity lost to Team SoloMid, leaving them with a year-long total of 30 Championship Points, and qualifying for the regional finals in fifth place. They lost immediately in the gauntlet, reverse swept by first-round opponent Cloud9, who went on to qualify to Worlds.
Altec left Gravity and joined a new North American team, NRG, who purchased Team Coast's NA LCS seed. NRG started the LCS strong, tied for either first or second place through the first four weeks, but after the fifth week they fell down to fifth place and remained there for the rest of the season. They were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.
In January of 2017, Altec joined the newly formed FlyQuest. Although the team was expected to flop, they were dominant in the early stages of the Spring Split. Although they fell off later on, they still finished 5th with a 9-9 record. In the playoffs they defeated Counter Logic Gaming with a 3-2 reverse sweep. In the semifinals they lost 0-3 to Team SoloMid and later on lost the third place match 2-3 too Phoenix1, placing 4th overall. In the Summer Split Altec was moved back to a substitute role in favor of WildTurtle. Altec left FlyQuest and joined Team Dignitas in June. The Summer Season was much better for the team after he joined and they finished 5th place. In the playoffs Team Dignitas defeated Cloud9 3-1 in the Quarterfinals. Their playoff run was however put to a halt when they lost 1-3 to Team SoloMid in the Semifinals and 0-3 to Counter Logic Gaming in the third place match. In the 2017 Season North America Regional Finals Team Dignitas were swiftly eliminated after an 0-3 loss to FlyQuest. In December of 2017 Altec left the team after they were not accepted in the NA LCS franchising and joined Echo Fox.
|NALCS 2018 Summer - Week 3||Lucian||Bot||W||10/2/3|
|NA LCS Summer 2017 - Week 5||Tristana||Bot||W||6/0/1||Link|
|NA LCS 2017 Spring Playoffs||Kog'Maw||Bot||W||7/0/0||Link||Link|
|NA LCS Summer 2014 - Week 6||Jinx||Bot||W||9/0/4||Link||Link|
- Click here for a full list of pentakills by all players.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
|Altec 1v1 Tournament Results|
|2013-05-05||48 - 64||Best Riven NA Tournament||FF : W Onemenga|
- January 19, Adrian and Altec: 'Top 4 is the goal, I wouldn't be surprised if we make finals' with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- January 23, Echo Fox League of Legends Altec - Rapid Fire Questions with on HyperX
- January 28, Echo Fox Altec: "Hopefully, we can make history by going to the playoffs for the first time." with James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- February 5, Altec Was Pretty Surprised Team Dignitas Didn't Get a Franchise Spot with Nathan Fusco on DBLTAP
- February 21, Altec on Echo Fox #1 and how Huni helps lead the team to victory with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- March 3, Altec on Adrian: “We’ve played over 1000 games together, maybe more. I’m confident in him and he’s confident in me.” with Izento on The Shotcaller
- June 24, Echo Fox Altec Shares The Possibility Of Heimer-Fiddle Bot: "Huni has been telling me that his Heimer is really good...I will probably be the Fiddle?" with James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- January 26, Altec hopes the community gains faith in FlyQuest after many preseason rankings placed the team low with on Yahoo Esports
- February 9, Altec: “I think it’s nice to have a very big sports team back us up and stuff like that. But I guess there isn’t really much difference, I would say (yet).” with on Slingshot
- February 16, Altec chats FlyQuest’s stress-free environment, playing Cloud9, and the bot lane meta with on Yahoo Esports
- March 10, Altec on FlyQuest’s decision to double down on practice and where his Mordekaiser came from with on Yahoo Esports
- August 21, Altec on coming back from 3 inhibs: 'that was one of the greatest games I've ever played' with on Travis Gafford
- September 6, Altec on prepping for the gauntlet: “It’s actually really awkward since there’s not really teams to scrim. So going into practice, we’re going to play a lot more games, grind a lot more solo queue. with on Emily Rand for Slingshot Esports
- January 17, NRG's Altec on team synergy, facing Renegades and what he hopes to improve with on theScore
- January 19, NA LCS 2016: Altec - "if someone on the team is able to carry the game, we let them" with on SK Gaming
- February 3, Altec Talks Life on NRG and His Thoughts on the Immortals Streak with on G|League
- February 7, Altec on NRG: 'Everyone has trust in each other; we're just going to keep going up from here' with on theScore
- May 20, Power Outage - Altec: 'Compared to other seasons, I think it's the worst I've ever played' with on theScore
- January 24, Altec on bootcamping in Korea and playing with subs (video) with on onGamers
- April 1, Altec talks Winterfox's first split performance and his expectations for their second split (video) with on onGamers
- June 10, Altec on Joining Gravity with on Gamespot
- June 18, NA LCS 2015: Altec - "We can make at least top 6" with on SK Gaming
- July 25, DIG Altec: "As long as I am able to perform, I don't care how the community views me." with on Inven Global
- June 26, Johnny "Altec" Ru - League Legacies EP. 10 with on Azubu
- July 27, Ask The Pros: Gravity's Altec with on LoL Esports
- May 31, Altec talks about his transition period into EG and the LCS Summer Split (video) with on onGamers
- August 2, Altec discusses making runs for playoffs (video) with on onGamers
- August 30, Altec on the upcoming relegations and NA playoffs predictions (video) with on onGamers
- September 17, AltecRu here and just won IPL 5 Qualifiers with Meat Playground . AMA . with on Reddit
- January 13, North America's Young Prodigy AD Carry, Altec by on Esports Heaven
- April 26, Calculated Jinx Ult - TDK vs WFX (18s)
The following pages redirect here.