Amazing (Maurice Stückenschneider)
|Country of Birth||Germany|
|Birthday||April 2, 1994 (age 25)|
|Soloqueue IDs||FNC Amazingx, OG Amazing (KR), TSM Amazingx (KR)|
|Social Media & Links|
Maurice "Amazing" Stückenschneider is the jungler for 100 Thieves.
Maurice "Amazing" Stückenschneider is a German League of Legends player hailing from Bocholt, Germany. He first started playing games on consoles, and his first game was Crash Bandicoot when he was between five and six years old. He stuck to console gaming and played Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and games from the Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid series.
It was only in 2010 that Stückenschneider started playing PC games, as he participated in ESL events in Counter Strike: Source. However, his breakthrough came in League of Legends, a while after his brother introduced him to it. Initially dismissive of the cartoon-like appearance of the game, Stückenschneider returned to it sometime in Season 1, specializing in AD carries such as Ashe and Ezreal.
League of Legends Career
Amazing's drive to make an impact on the games he played drove him to main jungle. Using primarily Udyr, Shyvana and Lee Sin, he rose through the ranks and peaked at 2.8k Elo in Season 2. His progression drew notice from many teams, the most notable at the time being LCS Season 3 Qualifier participant Team Acer. A string of failed attempts to qualify for the LCS almost caused him to retire, but Shook's defection to Alliance allowed him to settle in one more team, the Copenhagen Wolves.
It was with Copenhagen Wolves that Amazing finally reached the LCS. The Spring Split proved to be the break he needed, and he gained a reputation for his high mechanics and proficiency on Lee Sin, Elise, and Evelynn. However, even with Amazing's two-time weekly MVP performance, the team overall didn't see much success, and they were forced into relegations. After defeating Denial eSports.Europe in the Summer Promotion Tournament, Amazing left Copenhagen Wolves.
On May 3, 2014, Team Solomid announced that they had acquired Amazing and that TheOddOne had stepped down from the starting jungle position. Showing great synergy with Bjergsen, he immediately made an impact with the squad, but he saw criticism in his small champion pool. Despite this criticism, the Summer Split, his first split in the NA LCS, was a success for both him and TSM. Amazing was named weekly MVP in the 4th Week and the team finished 3rd overall. Inspired performances by Amazing and the team saw TSM place 1st at the Summer Playoffs, securing themselves a spot at the World Championship.
TSM were placed in Group B with Star Horn Royal Club, SK Gaming and Taipei Assassins. Amazing and the team secured four wins in the group, placing 2nd place finish behind SHRC, and earning a spot in the quarterfinals. There they faced eventual winners Samsung White at this stage, and went out after only taking a single game off the Korean team in the best-of-5 series.
Origen qualified for the EUCS Spring Qualifier via the Challenger Ladder, where they beat Millenium Spirit in their bracket final, securing their qualification to the EUCS Spring Season. Origen were unbeaten until their penultimate game of the split, against LowLandLions.White, and despite dropping that one game easily secured first place in the regular season. Origen also placed highly in tournaments throughout this period, winning the ESL MWC Challenge and Gamers Assembly 2015. The Spring Playoffs saw Origen beat Reason Gaming in the semifinals 2-1 and then going on to sweep Copenhagen Wolves Academy (the team formerly known as LowLandLions.White) in the final to win the tournament and secure automatic qualification to the LCS Summer Season.
Throughout the EU LCS Summer Season, Origen jostled for 2nd position with H2k-Gaming, while Fnatic sat far ahead in an undefeated 1st place throughout. Impressive individual performances including Amazing's Gragas helped the team to a 2nd place regular season finish, and with it a bye past the Summer Playoffs quarterfinal round. In the semifinals, Origen faced off against rivals H2k and won 3-1; perhaps even more impressively, they took two games off Fnatic in the finals despite ultimately losing the series. Their second-place overall finish earned Origen 90 Championship Points, enough for the second seed in the 2015 Season Europe Regional Finals. There, they beat Team ROCCAT in a 3-2 series and then Unicorns of Love in an easy 3-0 and successfully qualified for the 2015 World Championship, where they would play as Europe's #3 seed.
At the 2015 World Championship, Origen were drawn into Group D along with Team SoloMid, KT Rolster, and LGD Gaming. Origen went 3-0 in the 1st week of the round robin and ended the group with a 4-2 record, meaning they would advance to the knockout stage of the tournament. Origen won their quarterfinal series 3-1 against the Flash Wolves, becoming the first Western team to win a best-of-five at a World Championship, but were later knocked out by SK Telecom T1 in the semifinals.
Origen and Amazing competed at IEM San Jose, and were given a bye to the semifinals due to Fnatic's withdrawal from the tournament. The team fielded their roster from the previous season, but with PowerOfEvil in the mid lane and xPeke taking a coaching role. They took down Team SoloMid in the semifinals, and went on to beat Counter Logic Gaming in the final - winning the tournament without losing a single game.
Origen's performance at IEM San Jose resulted in their qualification to the IEM World Championship. At the tournament, they first lost to Royal Never Give Up in the upper bracket of their group before then losing to Team SoloMid in the lower bracket, resulting in the team's elimination from the tournament.
- His ID Amazing is named after the song "Amazing" by Kanye West.
- Favorite champions are Xin Zhao, Shyvana, Lee Sin, Nautilus.
- Initially looked up to Diamondprox as a player, and took notice of the Russian jungler's champion pool.
- Used to play AD carry before he started jungling.
- Used to play basketball at a competitive level, at the Point Guard position.
- Is a fan of the Los Angeles Lakers, particularly of Kobe Bryant.
- His motto, "Hard work beats talent." stems from watching Kobe Bryant's domination over the 2000-2010 decade.
- His favorite song as of May 2017 is either Johnny Cash's "Hurt" or "The Man Comes Around".
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
|Amazing (Maurice Stückenschneider) 1v1 Tournament Results|
|2015-12-13||17 - 32||All-Star 2015 Los Angeles||Ice||0 : 1 aphromoo|
- August 5, Amazing talks what makes S04 so strong, how his perception of Nukeduck changed and TSM's problems with Darius Matuschak on The Shotcaller
- November 23, Amazing speaks about his personal future, uncertainty on coaching vs playing, LEC rumors with Darius Matuschak on The Shotcaller
- January 14, Amazing: "Through the 5 Bans you have more influence" with on Sport1
- March 23, Challenger Player Spotlight: Amazingx and Kikis with Jeff Latham on LoL Esports
- May 30, Amazing talks Spring Split, FNA and upcoming Summer Split with on theScore Esports
- June 1, Fnatic's Amazing: We would have been a playoff team if we stuck together with on theScore Esports
- October 27, Maurice Amazing Stueckenscneider talks mental health: "I don't think I would have ever gotten good at League if it wasn't for my bout of depression & burnout that forced me out of school." with Darius Matuschak on The Shotcaller
- February 19, Amazing on Gragas, Patch 6.3 and when to build Runic Echoes with on theScore Esports
- July 28, Amazing breaks down Origen's tough season: 'At some point there was too many obstacles to overcome' with on theScore Esports
- November 26, OG Amazing – "EU talent is twice as strong as NA" with on Team Liquid
- March 7, In-depth interview with Amazing, the jungler for Copenhagen Wolves with on onGamers
- March 7, EU LCS 2014 W8: Interview with CW Amazing (video) with on SK Gaming
- May 18, TSM AMAzing. with on Reddit
- May 24, Amazing talks about his introduction into LCS and playing with TSM (video) with on onGamers
- July 9, Maurice "Amazing" Stückenschneider | League Legacies EP. 12 with on Azubu
- October 3, OG Amazing says diverse meta could undo Korea with on LoL Esports
- October 4, Amazing on junglers at Worlds: "I'm always confident against any jungler matchup" with on theScore
- October 23, Amazing Says He "Isn't Afraid" of SKT - Interview with on Gamespot
- November 30, Interview mit Team Acers Jungler Maurice "Amazing" Stückenschneider (German) with on Pixomize
- May 31, Amazing: “I always meant to come back to NA” by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- September 1, An Amazing story in the EU LCS by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- November 13, Players are people too - please treat them as such by Darius Matuschak on The Shotcaller
- July 29, Amazing: "I’ve been gifted another chance to do something great" by on LoL Esports
TSM Amazing 2014 Season World Championship
The following pages redirect here.