|Player has retired.|
|Name||Jeong Sang-gil (정상길)|
|Country of Birth||South Korea|
|Birthday||January 8, 1993 (age 26)|
|Soloqueue IDs||Odpa, Tar ai ais, Dopa, Dopa0, YY90888Dopa, newzhongdan (KR), Dop4 (CN), Apdo (KR), Huya90888 (KR), Skewed (KR), Dopago (CN), Dopa99 (CN), Trud (KR), Dopa1993 (CN), 미니맵안보는사람 (KR)|
|Social Media & Links|
Jeong "Apdo" Sang-gil (Hangul: 정상길) was previously the mid laner for Rebels Anarchy. He is also known as Dopa.
Jeong "Apdo" Sang-gil is known for being a high-Elo player on the Korean server, able to play top, jungle, mid, and AD carry, though he is primarily a mid laner. He is believed by many to be the second-best mid laner in the world after Faker, but by some to be overall a better player, since he is able to play four different roles and excel, while Faker is only able to play one. However, in contrast to Faker's countless tournament results, Apdo has never played in an offline tournament.
Initially, Apdo refused invitations to join pro teams because he earned more money by Elo-boosting, but eventually he attempted to play in the OGN Winter 2013-2014 Qualfier with a team called 양학하러왔습니다 (which would eventually rename to Team Dark and be disqualified from the tournament due to unsportsmanlike behavior). However, Apdo was still Elo-boosting, and a girl, was in the same online community with Apdo, whose account he had boosted reported his activity to Riot; as a result, his main account was banned for 1,000 years as a penalty, and he was banned from participating in OGN. He would not be permitted to play in tournaments for the next two years.
Despite his permanent ban, Apdo continued to play on smurf accounts and reach Challenger with extremely high win percentages. He streamed for multiple streaming platforms, including AfreecaTV, Douyu TV, and YY TV. In September 2014, Apdo went to China to win 500,000 元 of the total 1,000,000 元 ($161,000 USD) prize pool for hitting rank 1 in Challenger, which he was able to accomplish in less than a month.
In October 2015, Apdo released a statement apologizing for his behavior in boosting accounts and trolling games and stating that all of his accounts would be banned. While he initially stated that he might plan to go pro in China, a later post suggested that he did not ever plan to play professionally.
- Considered the greatest SoloQ player of all time.
- In China, some fans believe he and Faker are two most impactful players in League of Legends history.
- Reached Rank 1 in Korean soloqueue many times.
- Reached Rank 1 on Chinese super server.
- In China and Korea, Considered the greatest Twisted Fate and Kassadin expert player.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
|Apdo Tournament Results|
- November 7, Dopa Interview: Miya Like Her Sister To Take Care Of Me (Korean) (English Translation)
- December 31, Dopa/Apdo's Q&A + tips&stories (English translation) reddit.com
Articles & Videos
- April 12, Apdo and the Tragedy of League's Shortest Professional Game by on theScore Esports
- January 17, Apdo - Korea's Infamous Solo-queue Outlaw by on Gold Per 10
- July 29, The Rainmaker: a look at Apdo and the world of ELO boosting by on theScore
The following pages redirect here.
- 1,000년 계정 정지 처분 ‘압도’, 국가대표 자격 박탈 thisisgame.com
- Apdo banned until 3013, and removed from OGN LOL Champ Winter for Elo-Boost. (Removed from korean national lol team as well.) (English discussion) reddit.com
- 양학하러왔습니다 (Apdo's team) controversy liquidlegends.net
- Dopa登顶国服第一 现场颁发50万现金！ lol.sgamer.com
- Apdo - Korea's Infamous Solo-queue Outlaw dotesports.com (previously goldper10.com)
- 안녕하세요 Dopa 입니다 . 이전 악행에 대해 사과드립니다 . (Korean) inven.co.kr
- 얘들아 나 프로데뷔 같은거 안해 (Korean) potsu.net
- [Inven]Dopa gave an apology on his former misdeeds - with comments reddit.com