|Country of Birth:||United States|
|Birthday:||September 8, 1992|
|Soloqueue IDs:||FeaR Aphromoo, Veinzx, nJoy Drop, Neruma, TheycallmeZorro, LegitJJ, v8 Aphromoo, Daphro, Zebuum, Zeemeeandye, Illia, s0undw4v3 (KR)|
|Social Media and Links|
| Team History|
Zaqueri "Aphromoo" Black hails from Whittier, California in the United States.
League of Legends Career
Aphromoo played on several teams starting in 2011. He began to gain recognition as the AD Carry player of v8 eSports, where he played with PhantomL0rd, Muffinqt, and Unstoppable, among others. He and Muffinqt were known as a strong duo lane and would play together again on mTw.NA, mMe Ferus, and Team FeaR. During this time, he gained huge popularity as a streamer. In December 2012, Aphromoo asked his viewers if they would still watch him play if he switched his role to support; he then joined Counter Logic Gaming as their support player.
Even after switching to support, Aphromoo's stream remained popular, and he became famous for his Leona play; Aphromoo's popularity is often credited as being part of the reason that support became a more popular role to play, along with the season 4 changes to support gold income and itemization. The CLG duo lane of Aphromoo and Doublelift gained huge popularity, and were nicknamed by fans as the "Rush Hour" duo. However, in May 2013 Aphromoo was removed from the CLG roster, as part of a large set of changes including Nientonsoh joining the team in the toplane, Chauster moving to support, HotshotGG stepping down, and bigfatlp moving into the jungle.
On October 7th, 2013 Team Curse announced a new lineup including Pobelter, Aphromoo, Zekent, and IWillDominate; however, on October 13th Aphromoo was released from Team Curse. He remained teamless until January 2014, when he was re-added to the CLG starting lineup as their starting support. Aphromoo has been CLG's support player since, and the botlane of Doublelift and Aphromoo are considered by many to be the strongest duo lane in North America.
For the first eight weeks of the spring split, CLG were never lower in the standings than tied for second place, and the only reason they didn't receive a playoff bye was that they lost a second-place tie breaker to Cloud9 and so ended up in third place. CLG fans called the split CLG's "golden age," but the question still remained whether CLG could perform in the playoffs, especially after a dramatic comeback loss to Team SoloMid the first time the two teams met in the round robin. Ultimately, CLG were unable to perform in playoffs, as they lost to Team Liquid in the quarterfinals and ended the split tied for fifth place with Gravity.
Echoing their spring split performance, CLG started the summer split strong, in first place at the end of each of the first four weeks and then lost four games in a row to finish tied for fifth after week six. This time, however, they rebounded and ended the season in second, behind Team Liquid and with a 13-5 record. They received a bye in the first round of the playoffs and then swept both Team Impulse and Team SoloMid 3-0, to win their first LAN event since MLG Raleigh in 2011 nearly four years prior and receive North America's top seed to Worlds. Despite having a relatively easy group draw with KOO Tigers, Flash Wolves, and paiN Gaming, CLG didn't advance from their Worlds group, ending with a 2-4 record including a loss to paiN.
After two major roster changes - Stixxay replacing long-time AD carry Doublelift and HuHi replacing Pobelter - CLG attended IEM San Jose in November 2015, where they defeated Unicorns of Love and Jin Air Green Wings before losing to Origen. Their performance earned them a seed into IEM Katowice, which they attended after the seventh week of the LCS. However, despite being in a strong position domestically, in second place behind only the almost-undefeated Immortals (to whom CLG had handed their only loss of the season the week before), CLG were eliminated immediately from Katowice, losing first to SK Telecom T1 and then to Fnatic.
CLG entered the LCS playoffs in second place, still behind Immortals, and still the only team to have beaten Immortals in the regular season. They won their semifinal series against Team Liquid in five games, winning the last game with a double teleport play to catch out Piglet and close out a win. Despite seeding expectations, their finals match was against TSM, who had 3-0'd Immortals the week before. This series also went to five games, and CLG once again won, qualifying for the Mid-Season Invitational.
Returning to North America for the Summer Split, CLG were expected to be at the top of the league after their MSI performance. However, not only did they fail to achieve that, but they weren't even in the top half of the standings until week 6. From there, they climbed to a fourth place regular season finish. In the playoffs, CLG first faced off against Team Liquid, whom they beat 3-1, before falling to TSM 3-0 in the semifinals. Crucially, one of Huhi's signature mid lane champions Aurelion Sol was found to have a bug partway through their first game, and the game was remade with Aurelion Sol disabled for the rest of the playoffs (though it was generally accepted that TSM would have won regardless). CLG lost the third-place to Immortals but automatically qualified for the World Championship based on Championship Points due to TSM's finals win over Cloud9.
CLG were seeded into Group A at Worlds, alongside the ROX Tigers, G2 Esports, and wildcard Albus NoX Luna. Going into the group, CLG and G2 were seen as contenders for the second seed, while Tigers and Albus NoX were expected to finish first and last, respectively. Instead, CLG dropped both of their games to the wildcard team, and ANX skyrocketed to a second-place group stage finish while G2 collapsed into last place; CLG ended their Worlds run in third with a 3-3 record.
Transitioning into the spring split of the 2017 LCS season, CLG was the only North American team to not make any changes to its roster. They were inconsistent to begin the split, fluctuating between 5th and 7th place over the first half of the season before stabilizing with a 2-0 week 5. CLG remained in the playoffs after that, and a 3-1 record down the stretch put them in fourth behind TSM, Cloud9 and a much improved Phoenix1. In the playoffs, CLG faced off against 5th seed FlyQuest. Although they started off strong with 2 wins, they were ultimately reverse swept and lost 2-3 which knocked them out of playoffs.
In the mideason, CLG swapped junglers with Immortals, sending Xmithie, one of their longest tenured players, to the team for Dardoch. This change seemed to work out for both sides, as CLG began the season in a three way race for first with Immortals and TSM. As the season went on however, CLG's performance started to drop and eventually Dardoch left the team and was replaced by LCS rookie OmarGod. This stabilized CLG's play to some extent and they finished the regular season in 3rd place with a 12-6 record. In the playoffs CLG managed to defeat Team EnVyUs 3-2 in a hard fought series. They however lost 0-3 to Immortals in the Semifinals. In the third place match CLG swept Team Dignitas 3-0 to end their playoff run on a high note.
Their third place finish gave CLG the second seed in the Regional Finals. There, they defeated FlyQuest 3-1, setting up a match with Cloud9 to make Worlds. After they dropped the first two games, CLG managed to win the third and make it a series, but dropped the fourth and lost the series which in turn ended their 2017 season. After spending 4 years with CLG, Aphromoo left the team in November of 2017 and the next month he would join the newly formed 100 Thieves.
- Favorite AD carries are Draven and Tristana.
- Played as a Tauren Druid during his World of Warcraft career, hence his in-game name.
- Favorite PS2 game is Gauntlet Dark Legacy.
- Has partnered with Dyrus to play a dunking combo of "Kareem Abdul Jabbar" ( Jarvan IV, and Leona).
- Known to favor less-popular AD carries in the past, such as Draven, Miss Fortune, Twitch, Varus and Quinn. He was one of the original pioneers of these champions.
- Reached rank one on the North American server on November 3rd, 2012, playing Draven.
- His bot lane with Doublelift had many nicknames, including "Aphrolift," "Doublemoo, and "Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan AKA Rush Hour."
- Favorite movie is 5 Centimeters per Second.
- Loves to play Blitzcrank and Leona.
- Known to have an extremely entertaining stream.
- Donated $2000 for the "Siv HD MASSIVE CHARITY EVENT".
- Was temporarily banned for Elo boosting in March 2013 along with several other pro players including Rhux, Xmithie, Meteos, DontMashMe, Nyjacky, and Chuuper.
- Did not like supporting in Season 3, but as the Season 4 changes came by, he started to enjoy support much more.
|2017-09-02||2017 NA LCS Summer Playoffs||Counter Logic Gaming 3 : 0 Team Dignitas|
|2016-08-27||2016 NA LCS Summer Playoffs||Counter Logic Gaming 2 : 3 Immortals|
|2016-05-15||2016 Mid-Season Invitational||Counter Logic Gaming 0 : 3 SK Telecom T1|
|2016-04-17||2016 NA LCS Spring Playoffs||Counter Logic Gaming 3 : 2 Team SoloMid|
|2015-12-12||All-Star Los Angeles 2015 5v5||NA LCS Allstars 1 : 2 Group Stage (W/L)|
|2015-11-22||IEM Season X - San Jose||Counter Logic Gaming 0 : 3 Origen|
|2015-08-23||2015 NA LCS Summer Playoffs||Counter Logic Gaming 3 : 0 Team SoloMid|
|2014-12-21||IEM Season IX - Cologne||Counter Logic Gaming 1 : 3 Gambit Gaming|
|2014-04-20||2014 NA LCS Spring Playoffs||Counter Logic Gaming 2 : 0 Team Curse|
- February 7th, Aphromoo iBUYPOWER Vlog: Week 2 performance, Team Roster and Rick Fox
- June 9th, Aphromoo and Zionspartan Break Down Their Loss to TSM and What It Means with GameSpot
- September 30th, Aphromoo iBUYPOWER Vlog: Just another day in Korea Part 1
- March 26th, CLG Vlogs: Aphromoo on life with CLG, TSM Evo, and returning to streaming
- April 17th, Aphromoo and Link vlog: The CLG LCS Spring Playoffs Preview
- July 3rd, CLG.Aphromoo vlog: Current meta of support picks and an update on team morale
- September 8th, CLG Vlogs: Aphromoo and Zuna updates on CLG
- October 20th, CLG Vlogs: Aphromoo reflects on last year
- November 14th, Team iBUYPOWER vlog: Texas bonding, IEM Cologne and outtakes!
- November 22nd, Doublelift+Aphromoo iBUYPOWER Vlog: Rush Hour re-signs, roster and moving
- May 14th, TSM Aphromoo's First Vlog
- October 11th, Introducing FeaR Aphromoo - Lone Star Clash/Team Roster
- January 9th, Aphromoo on why CLG is not changing their roster for 2017 spring split with The Score
- January 9th, Aphromoo on why CLG, TSM and C9 aren't backed by traditional sports investors with The Score
- January 9th, Aphromoo on the longevity of his career with The Score
- January 13th, Aphromoo names the imports he'd like to see in the NA LCS with The Score
- January 23rd, aphromoo on roster stability: 'If you don't invest time into a player like the NFL, NBA....that’s kind of crappy' with The Score
- February 1st, Hai and Aphromoo discuss the CLG and FlyQuest match and the strengths of their respective teams with Yahoo Esports
- February 17th, Aphromoo on what early CLG was like, building trust in the team, and how Huhi untilts him on stage with Blitz Esports
- February 21st, Aphromoo on shoring up CLG’s issues, Immortals’ early botlane issues, and the support meta with Yahoo Esports
- March 13th, Aphromoo on navigating an up-and-down spring split and his favorite CLG memories with Slingshot Esports"
- April 5th, Aphromoo on filling in for Stixxay as ADC: ‘I haven’t CS’d in 3 years’ with Yahoo Esports
- April 14th, Aphromoo on CLG’s quarterfinals loss: ‘I think we played a little too fast’ with Yahoo Esports
- June 26th, Aphromoo and Stixxay discuss CLG’s loss to Immortals: “I think we just played kind of weird.” with Emily Rand for Slingshot Esports
- July 3rd, CLG Aphromoo & Stixxay: "NA teams do worse on international events because they overthink" with Inven Global
- July 4th, Aphromoo explains why he's glad CLG isn't going to Rift Rivals with Travis Gafford
- July 7th, You Laugh, You Lose w/ Aphromoo: Why Xmithie left CLG, the team's future and being NA's best support with theScore Esports
- December 7th, Sneaky on NA vs. EU All-Star: "Uhm... Free win." with Jaehoon "Laffa" Jeong and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- January 18th, Aphromoo: "We Wanted to Show We Didn't Make the Wrong Decision in Removing Double, Pretty Sure We… with G|League
- January 25th, Aphromoo compares Stixxay to Doublelift: 'He's on par mechanics-wise' with theScore
- February 23rd, Aphromoo on taking down Immortals: 'We have to attack their core' with theScore
- March 1st, Aphromoo on IMT Game: “We Were the Puppet Masters” with Travis on Yahoo Esports
- March 2nd, Aphromoo on facing SKT at IEM: 'Hopefully we don’t get pooped on' with Skye on theScore
- March 2nd, Aphromoo on IMT Game: “We Were the Puppet Masters” with Yahoo
- March 20th, Aphromoo on CLG's playstyle: 'People view it as split pushing because Darshan is so good' with Lisa on theScore
- April 8th, [LoL] Head-to-Head: Matt vs. Aphromoo with theScore
- April 10th, Aphromoo breaks down CLG vs. TL, predicts TSM to beat IMT with Yahoo Esports
- April 17th, aphromoo: 'TSM’s bottom lane was the weak point of their team' with theScore
- May 4th, aphromoo on MSI: 'All the supports here know how to hit the go button...in NA, not so much' with Marcel Feldkamp on theScore
- June 6th, Aphromoo says this is a 'better iteration of TSM', wants voice chat for dynamic queue and autofill with Yahoo Esports
- June 7th, aphromoo after CLG's 2-1 loss to Apex: 'We didn't really know Fizz was busted, obviously' with theScore
- June 26th, CLG's Aphromoo: 'YellOwStaR and Doublelift were polar opposites' with ESPN
- June 28th, Aphromoo on facing TSM this week: 'I'm just here to 2-0 and get it over with' with Yahoo Esports
- July 24th, Aphromoo says he wants to face IMT in the semifinals: 'We want another TSM-CLG finals rematch' with theScore
- August 1st, Aphromoo hoped to avoid TSM until the finals for a rematch in Toronto with Yahoo Esports
- August 20th, Aphromoo and Doublelift center stage for CLG vs. TSM with ESPN
- August 24th, Aphromoo on his Aurelion Sol ban frustrations, losing to TSM, and why he thinks C9 will take it all with Yahoo Esports
- October 11th, Aphromoo on Korean bootcamps: ‘I think less teams will go to Korea based on what will happen at Worlds’ with Yahoo Esports
- December 8th, Doublelift, aphromoo, Reignover and Impact speak at All-Stars press conference with theScore
- December 8th, Rush Hour reunited - Double and Aphro talk All-Stars, synergy, and their relationship status with Yahoo Esports
- February 1st, Aphromoo on Counter Logic Gaming's 2015 (video) with onGamers
- February 22nd, Aphromoo explains how Doublelift must now adapt to CLG's new style (video) with onGamers
- March 27th, League Legacies: CLG Aphromoo with Azubu
- June 1st, Aphromoo Explains How CLG's New Coach Has Dramatically Changed Their Days with GameSpot
- June 6th, CLG Aphromoo: "We stopped trusting each other" with TeamLiquid
- July 8th, CLG Aphromoo - 20 Questions with HyperX
- June 9th, Aphromoo and Zionspartan Break Down Their Loss to TSM and What It Means with GameSpot
- July 15th, Aphromoo Explains In-Depth How He Used His "QWER" Keys to Overcome His Enemies with GameSpot
- July 22nd, Aphromoo and His Father Talk About Family Support in the LCS with GameSpot
- August 15th, Ridiculous Aphro and Double Reaction Interview After TIP Games with Gamespot
- September 20th, EITHER/OR with CLG's Aphromoo with TheScore
- October 1st, CLG vs FW - Aphromoo Interview with Twitch
- October 2nd, Aphromoo om vinsterna, det bästa med Doublelift och att vilja möta kinesiska botlanes with Fragbite
- October 2nd, Very Serious Doublelift and Aphromoo Interview: "We Have 100% Chance of Getting out of Groups" with Gamespot
- November 21st, Map Awareness S02E09 with Aphromoo with SK Gaming
- November 24th, Aphromoo and Stixxay on adapting to new carries, preparing for 2016, and reacting to Origen's map play with theScore
- December 14th, Aphromoo on CLG's changes: 'I think we'll prove that the decisions we did make were right' with theScore
- January 6th, Travis catches up with Aphromoo at the Grid Cyber Lounge, CLG Camp Tournament (video) with onGamers
- January 19th, CLG Botlane: Doublelift and Aphromoo talk playing with Hotshot and super week (video) with onGamers
- February 23rd, Aphromoo talks about hating Kelby and how to fix XDG (video) with onGamers
- March 30th, Aphromoo talks about match against TSM and XDG during Week 10 of LCS (video) with onGamers
- May 25th, Doublelift and Aphromoo talk about the first weekend of Summer Split LCS w/ cameos from the rest of CLG (video) onGamers
- July 2nd, Ask The Pros: CLG's Aphromoo with LoL Esports
- July 4th, Aphromoo talks about his gaining popularity as a support player (video) onGamers
- August 21st, DRIVE: The Aphromoo Story LoL Esports
- September 9th, Doublelift and Aphromoo on the results of their promotion match and what's next (video) onGamers
- January 9th, An Interview with CLG's New Support, Aphromoo with Team Dignitas
- February 7th, Aphromoo talks about joining CLG, missing mom, Thresh and more (video) with GameSpot
- February 28th, LCS Week 4 - Aphromoo - Hoping to Lighten the Support Stereotype (video) with Leaguepedia
- March 30th, League of Legends LCS WK7 - Aphromoo - TSM vs. CLG (video) with MachinimaVS
- March 31st, Doublelift and Aphromoo talk about Bot Lane Tension and more (video) with GameSpot
- May 24th, Aphromoo on his Streaming Experience (video) with MachinimaVS
- June 29th, Aphromoo Interview - MLG Anaheim 2013 (video) with Leaguepedia
- November 7th Aphromoo discusses his return to CLG, season 4, supports and more (video) with onGamers
- May 24th, Interview with Aphromoo: "AD mid has always been good and has always been viable" with Team Dignitas
- June 2nd, Pluto interviews Aphromoo at RoG Int. Invitational with Reign of Gaming
- June 9th, Interview with Aphromoo (video) with Reign of Gaming
- September 11th, in2LOL Interviews Aphromoo with in2LOL
- November 13th, FeaR Aphromoo interviewed at Lone Star Clash II (video) with CyberSportsNetwork
- November 30th, IPL5 Aphro-Moo Muffin QT Takashi X Interview (video) with IGN ProLeague
- December 1st, Aphromoo Joins Team Marn? Maybe? At IPL5 (video) with CyberSportsNetwork
- December 5th, FeaR Aphromoo & TakashiX at IPL5 (video) with CyberSportsNetwork
Articles & Videos
- February 14th, Aphromoo rises to the occasion as captain of CLG by Tyler "Fionn" Erzberger on ESPN
- May 2nd, Raw and Uncut: CLG Aphromoo's 2016 Spring Split Profile (21m26s) from theScore on YouTube
- May 9th, Aphromoo around the world by Paul Marshall on LoL Esports
- May 10th, Aphromoo’s long road to the top of NA League of Legends by Joe "Pistallion" Cannavino on Slingshot
- May 14th, Aphromoo - Legend in the Making by Thorin on GAMURS
- May 17th, The Top 10 Supports of Spring 2016 by Kelsey Moser on theScore
- May 31st, DUOS: Aphromoo and Stixxay by LoL Esports
- June 6th, Life at the NA LCS: CLG's Aphromoo with LoL Esports
- December 28th, Return of the Missing Link with IBUYPOWER
v8 Aphromoo at IPL 4 - Las Vegas
- Aphromoo - Best Support NA (video) youtube.com
- Team Curse Roster Changes teamcurse.net
- Aphromoo's Twitter Post twitter.com
- Exit the Dragon: On Competitive Integrity and Aurelion Sol thescoreesports.com
- CLG Profile clgaming.net
- An Interview with CLG's New Support, Aphromoo team-dignitas.net
- SIVHD is streaming right now for charity. Tune in/donate to support "Save the Children" reddit.com
- LCS Competition Rulings: NA Elo-Boosters forums.na.leagueoflegends.com