|Country of Birth:||United States|
|Birthday:||September 8, 1992|
|Soloqueue IDs:||FeaR Aphromoo, Veinzx, nJoy Drop, Neruma, TheycallmeZorro, LegitJJ, v8 Aphromoo, Daphro, Zebuum, Zeemeeandye, Illia, s0undw4v3 (KR)|
|Social Media and Links|
| Team History|
Zaqueri "Aphromoo" Black hails from Whittier, California in the United States.
League of Legends Career
Aphromoo played on several teams starting in 2011. He began to gain recognition as the AD Carry player of v8 eSports, where he played with PhantomL0rd, Muffinqt, and Unstoppable, among others. He and Muffinqt were known as a strong duo lane and would play together again on mTw.NA, mMe Ferus, and Team FeaR. During this time, he gained huge popularity as a streamer. In December 2012, Aphromoo asked his viewers if they would still watch him play if he switched his role to support; he then joined Counter Logic Gaming as their support player.
Even after switching to support, Aphromoo's stream remained popular, and he became famous for his Leona play; Aphromoo's popularity is often credited as being part of the reason that support became a more popular role to play, along with the season 4 changes to support gold income and itemization. The CLG duo lane of Aphromoo and Doublelift gained huge popularity, and were nicknamed by fans as the "Rush Hour" duo. However, in May 2013 Aphromoo was removed from the CLG roster, as part of a large set of changes including Nientonsoh joining the team in the toplane, Chauster moving to support, HotshotGG stepping down, and bigfatlp moving into the jungle.
On October 7, 2013 Team Curse announced a new lineup including Pobelter, Aphromoo, Zekent, and IWillDominate; however, on October 13 Aphromoo was released from Team Curse. He remained teamless until January 2014, when he was re-added to the CLG starting lineup as their starting support. Aphromoo has been CLG's support player since, and the botlane of Doublelift and Aphromoo are considered by many to be the strongest duo lane in North America.
For the first eight weeks of the spring split, CLG were never lower in the standings than tied for second place, and the only reason they didn't receive a playoff bye was that they lost a second-place tie breaker to Cloud9 and so ended up in third place. CLG fans called the split CLG's "golden age," but the question still remained whether CLG could perform in the playoffs, especially after a dramatic comeback loss to Team SoloMid the first time the two teams met in the round robin. Ultimately, CLG were unable to perform in playoffs, as they lost to Team Liquid in the quarterfinals and ended the split tied for fifth place with Gravity.
Echoing their spring split performance, CLG started the summer split strong, in first place at the end of each of the first four weeks and then lost four games in a row to finish tied for fifth after week six. This time, however, they rebounded and ended the season in second, behind Team Liquid and with a 13-5 record. They received a bye in the first round of the playoffs and then swept both Team Impulse and Team SoloMid 3-0, to win their first LAN event since MLG Raleigh in 2011 nearly four years prior and receive North America's top seed to Worlds. Despite having a relatively easy group draw with KOO Tigers, Flash Wolves, and paiN Gaming, CLG didn't advance from their Worlds group, ending with a 2-4 record including a loss to paiN.
After two major roster changes - Stixxay replacing long-time AD carry Doublelift and HuHi replacing Pobelter - CLG attended IEM San Jose in November 2015, where they defeated Unicorns of Love and Jin Air Green Wings before losing to Origen. Their performance earned them a seed into IEM Katowice, which they attended after the seventh week of the LCS. However, despite being in a strong position domestically, in second place behind only the almost-undefeated Immortals (to whom CLG had handed their only loss of the season the week before), CLG were eliminated immediately from Katowice, losing first to SK Telecom T1 and then to Fnatic.
CLG entered the LCS playoffs in second place, still behind Immortals, and still the only team to have beaten Immortals in the regular season. They won their semifinal series against Team Liquid in five games, winning the last game with a double teleport play to catch out Piglet and close out a win. Despite seeding expectations, their finals match was against TSM, who had 3-0'd Immortals the week before. This series also went to five games, and CLG once again won, qualifying for the Mid-Season Invitational.
Returning to North America for the Summer Split, CLG were expected to be at the top of the league after their MSI performance. However, not only did they fail to achieve that, but they weren't even in the top half of the standings until week 6. From there, they climbed to a fourth place regular season finish. In the playoffs, CLG first faced off against Team Liquid, whom they beat 3-1, before falling to TSM 3-0 in the semifinals. Crucially, one of Huhi's signature mid lane champions Aurelion Sol was found to have a bug partway through their first game, and the game was remade with Aurelion Sol disabled for the rest of the playoffs (though it was generally accepted that TSM would have won regardless). CLG lost the third-place to Immortals but automatically qualified for the World Championship based on Championship Points due to TSM's finals win over Cloud9.
CLG were seeded into Group A at Worlds, alongside the ROX Tigers, G2 Esports, and wildcard Albus NoX Luna. Going into the group, CLG and G2 were seen as contenders for the second seed, while Tigers and Albus NoX were expected to finish first and last, respectively. Instead, CLG dropped both of their games to the wildcard team, and ANX skyrocketed to a second-place group stage finish while G2 collapsed into last place; CLG ended their Worlds run in third with a 3-3 record.
Transitioning into the spring split of the 2017 LCS season, CLG was the only North American team to not make any changes to its roster. They were inconsistent to begin the split, fluctuating between 5th and 7th place over the first half of the season before stabilizing with a 2-0 week 5. CLG remained in the playoffs after that, and a 3-1 record down the stretch put them in fourth behind TSM, Cloud9 and a much improved Phoenix1. In the playoffs, CLG faced off against 5th seed FlyQuest. Although they started off strong with 2 wins, they were ultimately reverse swept and lost 2-3 which knocked them out of playoffs.
In the mideason, CLG swapped junglers with Immortals, sending Xmithie, one of their longest tenured players, to the team for Dardoch. This change seemed to work out for both sides, as CLG began the season in a three way race for first with Immortals and TSM. As the season went on however, CLG's performance started to drop and eventually Dardoch left the team and was replaced by LCS rookie OmarGod. This stabilized CLG's play to some extent and they finished the regular season in 3rd place with a 12-6 record. In the playoffs CLG managed to defeat Team EnVyUs 3-2 in a hard fought series. They however lost 0-3 to Immortals in the Semifinals. In the third place match CLG swept Team Dignitas 3-0 to end their playoff run on a high note.
Their third place finish gave CLG the second seed in the Regional Finals. There, they defeated FlyQuest 3-1, setting up a match with Cloud9 to make Worlds. After they dropped the first two games, CLG managed to win the third and make it a series, but dropped the fourth and lost the series which in turn ended their 2017 season. After spending 4 years with CLG, Aphromoo left the team in November of 2017 and the next month he would join the newly formed 100 Thieves.
- Favorite AD carries are Draven and Tristana.
- Played as a Tauren Druid during his World of Warcraft career, hence his in-game name.
- Favorite PS2 game is Gauntlet Dark Legacy.
- Has partnered with Dyrus to play a dunking combo of "Kareem Abdul Jabbar" ( Jarvan IV, and Leona).
- Known to favor less-popular AD carries in the past, such as Draven, Miss Fortune, Twitch, Varus and Quinn. He was one of the original pioneers of these champions.
- Reached rank one on the North American server on November 3, 2012, playing Draven.
- His bot lane with Doublelift had many nicknames, including "Aphrolift," "Doublemoo, and "Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan AKA Rush Hour."
- Favorite movie is 5 Centimeters per Second.
- Loves to play Blitzcrank and Leona.
- Known to have an extremely entertaining stream.
- Donated $2000 for the "Siv HD MASSIVE CHARITY EVENT".
- Was temporarily banned for Elo boosting in March 2013 along with several other pro players including Rhux, Xmithie, Meteos, DontMashMe, Nyjacky, and Chuuper.
- Did not like supporting in Season 3, but as the Season 4 changes came by, he started to enjoy support much more.
- February 7, Aphromoo iBUYPOWER Vlog: Week 2 performance, Team Roster and Rick Fox
- June 9, Aphromoo and Zionspartan Break Down Their Loss to TSM and What It Means with GameSpot
- September 30, Aphromoo iBUYPOWER Vlog: Just another day in Korea Part 1
- March 26, CLG Vlogs: Aphromoo on life with CLG, TSM Evo, and returning to streaming
- April 17, Aphromoo and Link vlog: The CLG LCS Spring Playoffs Preview
- July 3, CLG.Aphromoo vlog: Current meta of support picks and an update on team morale
- September 8, CLG Vlogs: Aphromoo and Zuna updates on CLG
- October 20, CLG Vlogs: Aphromoo reflects on last year
- November 14, Team iBUYPOWER vlog: Texas bonding, IEM Cologne and outtakes!
- November 22, Doublelift+Aphromoo iBUYPOWER Vlog: Rush Hour re-signs, roster and moving
- May 14, TSM Aphromoo's First Vlog
- October 11, Introducing FeaR Aphromoo - Lone Star Clash/Team Roster
- January 17, aphromoo on how hard it was leaving CLG, why Cody Sun is underrated and his future on 100 Thieves with The Nexus Podcast on theScore Esports
- January 21, Postgame interview CLG vs. 100T NA LCS Spring 2018 Wk 1 day 2 with Ovilee on LoL Esports
- January 23, Aphromoo says Nadeshot will buy everyone Teslas if they win Worlds, but he's hoping for a house with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- January 30, 100 Thieves Aphromoo: "The first thing that came to my head is joker. Ryu is so funny." with James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- February 4, Aphromoo's Goal is to Put 100 Thieves on the Map with Nathan Fusco on DBLTAP
- February 20, Aphromoo: “I think it’s weird that people don’t take Spring Split seriously.” with Izento on The Shotcaller
- February 21, Aphromoo on facing CLG: 'Little nervous playing against my old teammates, it feels a little wrong.' with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- February 28, Aphromoo on CLG’s leadership troubles, being the moodsetter of the team, and the new Liandry's with Blitz Esports
- March 5, 100 Thieves Aphromoo discusses the bot lane meta shift. with James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- March 21, Aphromoo: “Pr0lly is really good with keeping the mentality where it needs to be. He keeps good synergy and relationships between us all.” with Inzento on The Shotcaller
- April 6, We talked to Aphro about his expectations coming into the split, beating Clutch, and going to Miami for the finals. with Blitz Esports
- January 9, Aphromoo on why CLG is not changing their roster for 2017 spring split with The Score
- January 9, Aphromoo on why CLG, TSM and C9 aren't backed by traditional sports investors with The Score
- January 9, Aphromoo on the longevity of his career with The Score
- January 13, Aphromoo names the imports he'd like to see in the NA LCS with The Score
- January 23, aphromoo on roster stability: 'If you don't invest time into a player like the NFL, NBA....that’s kind of crappy' with The Score
- February 1, Hai and Aphromoo discuss the CLG and FlyQuest match and the strengths of their respective teams with Yahoo Esports
- February 17, Aphromoo on what early CLG was like, building trust in the team, and how Huhi untilts him on stage with Blitz Esports
- February 21, Aphromoo on shoring up CLG’s issues, Immortals’ early botlane issues, and the support meta with Yahoo Esports
- March 13, Aphromoo on navigating an up-and-down spring split and his favorite CLG memories with Slingshot Esports"
- April 5, Aphromoo on filling in for Stixxay as ADC: ‘I haven’t CS’d in 3 years’ with Yahoo Esports
- April 14, Aphromoo on CLG’s quarterfinals loss: ‘I think we played a little too fast’ with Yahoo Esports
- June 26, Aphromoo and Stixxay discuss CLG’s loss to Immortals: “I think we just played kind of weird.” with Emily Rand for Slingshot Esports
- July 3, CLG Aphromoo & Stixxay: "NA teams do worse on international events because they overthink" with Inven Global
- July 4, Aphromoo explains why he's glad CLG isn't going to Rift Rivals with Travis Gafford
- July 7, You Laugh, You Lose w/ Aphromoo: Why Xmithie left CLG, the team's future and being NA's best support with theScore Esports
- December 7, Sneaky on NA vs. EU All-Star: "Uhm... Free win." with Jaehoon "Laffa" Jeong and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- December 11, Aphromoo talks joining 100 Thieves, 'almost picking Imaqtpie' as his new ADC, and his off-season with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- January 18, Aphromoo: "We Wanted to Show We Didn't Make the Wrong Decision in Removing Double, Pretty Sure We… with G|League
- January 25, Aphromoo compares Stixxay to Doublelift: 'He's on par mechanics-wise' with theScore
- February 23, Aphromoo on taking down Immortals: 'We have to attack their core' with theScore
- March 1, Aphromoo on IMT Game: “We Were the Puppet Masters” with Travis on Yahoo Esports
- March 2, Aphromoo on facing SKT at IEM: 'Hopefully we don’t get pooped on' with Skye on theScore
- March 2, Aphromoo on IMT Game: “We Were the Puppet Masters” with Yahoo
- March 20, Aphromoo on CLG's playstyle: 'People view it as split pushing because Darshan is so good' with Lisa on theScore
- April 8, [LoL] Head-to-Head: Matt vs. Aphromoo with theScore
- April 10, Aphromoo breaks down CLG vs. TL, predicts TSM to beat IMT with Yahoo Esports
- April 17, aphromoo: 'TSM’s bottom lane was the weak point of their team' with theScore
- May 4, aphromoo on MSI: 'All the supports here know how to hit the go button...in NA, not so much' with Marcel Feldkamp on theScore
- June 6, Aphromoo says this is a 'better iteration of TSM', wants voice chat for dynamic queue and autofill with Yahoo Esports
- June 7, aphromoo after CLG's 2-1 loss to Apex: 'We didn't really know Fizz was busted, obviously' with theScore
- June 26, CLG's Aphromoo: 'YellOwStaR and Doublelift were polar opposites' with ESPN
- June 28, Aphromoo on facing TSM this week: 'I'm just here to 2-0 and get it over with' with Yahoo Esports
- July 24, Aphromoo says he wants to face IMT in the semifinals: 'We want another TSM-CLG finals rematch' with theScore
- August 1, Aphromoo hoped to avoid TSM until the finals for a rematch in Toronto with Yahoo Esports
- August 20, Aphromoo and Doublelift center stage for CLG vs. TSM with ESPN
- August 24, Aphromoo on his Aurelion Sol ban frustrations, losing to TSM, and why he thinks C9 will take it all with Yahoo Esports
- October 11, Aphromoo on Korean bootcamps: ‘I think less teams will go to Korea based on what will happen at Worlds’ with Yahoo Esports
- December 8, Doublelift, aphromoo, Reignover and Impact speak at All-Stars press conference with theScore
- December 8, Rush Hour reunited - Double and Aphro talk All-Stars, synergy, and their relationship status with Yahoo Esports
- February 1, Aphromoo on Counter Logic Gaming's 2015 (video) with onGamers
- February 22, Aphromoo explains how Doublelift must now adapt to CLG's new style (video) with onGamers
- March 27, League Legacies: CLG Aphromoo with Azubu
- June 1, Aphromoo Explains How CLG's New Coach Has Dramatically Changed Their Days with GameSpot
- June 6, CLG Aphromoo: "We stopped trusting each other" with TeamLiquid
- July 8, CLG Aphromoo - 20 Questions with HyperX
- June 9, Aphromoo and Zionspartan Break Down Their Loss to TSM and What It Means with GameSpot
- July 15, Aphromoo Explains In-Depth How He Used His "QWER" Keys to Overcome His Enemies with GameSpot
- July 22, Aphromoo and His Father Talk About Family Support in the LCS with GameSpot
- August 15, Ridiculous Aphro and Double Reaction Interview After TIP Games with Gamespot
- September 20, EITHER/OR with CLG's Aphromoo with TheScore
- October 1, CLG vs FW - Aphromoo Interview with Twitch
- October 2, Aphromoo om vinsterna, det bästa med Doublelift och att vilja möta kinesiska botlanes with Fragbite
- October 2, Very Serious Doublelift and Aphromoo Interview: "We Have 100% Chance of Getting out of Groups" with Gamespot
- November 21, Map Awareness S02E09 with Aphromoo with SK Gaming
- November 24, Aphromoo and Stixxay on adapting to new carries, preparing for 2016, and reacting to Origen's map play with theScore
- December 14, Aphromoo on CLG's changes: 'I think we'll prove that the decisions we did make were right' with theScore
- January 6, Travis catches up with Aphromoo at the Grid Cyber Lounge, CLG Camp Tournament (video) with onGamers
- January 19, CLG Botlane: Doublelift and Aphromoo talk playing with Hotshot and super week (video) with onGamers
- February 23, Aphromoo talks about hating Kelby and how to fix XDG (video) with onGamers
- March 30, Aphromoo talks about match against TSM and XDG during Week 10 of LCS (video) with onGamers
- May 25, Doublelift and Aphromoo talk about the first weekend of Summer Split LCS w/ cameos from the rest of CLG (video) onGamers
- July 2, Ask The Pros: CLG's Aphromoo with LoL Esports
- July 4, Aphromoo talks about his gaining popularity as a support player (video) onGamers
- August 21, DRIVE: The Aphromoo Story LoL Esports
- September 9, Doublelift and Aphromoo on the results of their promotion match and what's next (video) onGamers
- January 9, An Interview with CLG's New Support, Aphromoo with Team Dignitas
- February 7, Aphromoo talks about joining CLG, missing mom, Thresh and more (video) with GameSpot
- February 28, LCS Week 4 - Aphromoo - Hoping to Lighten the Support Stereotype (video) with Leaguepedia
- March 30, League of Legends LCS WK7 - Aphromoo - TSM vs. CLG (video) with MachinimaVS
- March 31, Doublelift and Aphromoo talk about Bot Lane Tension and more (video) with GameSpot
- May 24, Aphromoo on his Streaming Experience (video) with MachinimaVS
- June 29, Aphromoo Interview - MLG Anaheim 2013 (video) with Leaguepedia
- November 7 Aphromoo discusses his return to CLG, season 4, supports and more (video) with onGamers
- May 24, Interview with Aphromoo: "AD mid has always been good and has always been viable" with Team Dignitas
- June 2, Pluto interviews Aphromoo at RoG Int. Invitational with Reign of Gaming
- June 9, Interview with Aphromoo (video) with Reign of Gaming
- September 11, in2LOL Interviews Aphromoo with in2LOL
- November 13, FeaR Aphromoo interviewed at Lone Star Clash II (video) with CyberSportsNetwork
- November 30, IPL5 Aphro-Moo Muffin QT Takashi X Interview (video) with IGN ProLeague
- December 1, Aphromoo Joins Team Marn? Maybe? At IPL5 (video) with CyberSportsNetwork
- December 5, FeaR Aphromoo & TakashiX at IPL5 (video) with CyberSportsNetwork
Articles & Videos
- February 26, Aphromoo's Blitzcrank leads 100 Thieves past FlyQuest by Justin Binkowski on DOT Esports
- March 4, The Story of Aphromoo (21m41s) by Paul Park & Daniel Rosen on theScore
- February 14, Aphromoo rises to the occasion as captain of CLG by Tyler "Fionn" Erzberger on ESPN
- May 2, Raw and Uncut: CLG Aphromoo's 2016 Spring Split Profile (21m26s) from theScore on YouTube
- May 9, Aphromoo around the world by Paul Marshall on LoL Esports
- May 10, Aphromoo’s long road to the top of NA League of Legends by Joe "Pistallion" Cannavino on Slingshot
- May 14, Aphromoo - Legend in the Making by Thorin on GAMURS
- May 17, The Top 10 Supports of Spring 2016 by Kelsey Moser on theScore
- May 31, DUOS: Aphromoo and Stixxay by LoL Esports
- June 6, Life at the NA LCS: CLG's Aphromoo with LoL Esports
- December 28, Return of the Missing Link with IBUYPOWER
v8 Aphromoo at IPL 4 - Las Vegas
The following pages redirect here. There are three types of pages that may appear on this list:
- Names formerly used by the player in competition
- Nicknames or alternative spellings or capitalizations of the player's name
- Common typos that are frequently searched for
The list is generated automatically. To request an addition to the list, you may use this form.
- Aphromoo - Best Support NA (video) youtube.com
- Team Curse Roster Changes teamcurse.net
- Aphromoo's Twitter Post twitter.com
- Exit the Dragon: On Competitive Integrity and Aurelion Sol thescoreesports.com
- CLG Profile clgaming.net
- An Interview with CLG's New Support, Aphromoo team-dignitas.net
- SIVHD is streaming right now for charity. Tune in/donate to support "Save the Children" reddit.com
- LCS Competition Rulings: NA Elo-Boosters forums.na.leagueoflegends.com