Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. I am Adel Chouadria and I will frequently be guiding you through all the happenings surrounding the League of Legends scene. Whether it is the latest tournament news, rumors, or events, I will make sure you don't miss a beat of League of Legends action!
- SK Gaming prevailed over Kiedyś Miałem Team in the DreamHack Winter 2013 Finals with a hard-fought 2-1 series. KMT convincingly took Game 1, but SK Gaming rallied and edged KMT in a one-sided Game 3. In Game 2, SK Candypanda and his teammates led a furious rally to eclipse an 8k gold deficit, and they nullified KMT's double AP composition's efficiency during lategame.
- IEM Singapore concluded in fanfare for Invictus Gaming on the onset of their 2-0 victory against CJ Entus Frost. The Zzitai-empowered IG steamroll left CJF MadLife and his teammates on the back foot, and they swiftly sealed the deal in each of the two games. Congratulations to IG for their victory, and to CJF MadLife for the IEM MVP title!
- In the World Cyber Games, CJ Entus Blaze and OMG won against Lyon Gaming (2-0) and Team WE (2-1) in hotly contested Best of 3s. CJ Entus Blaze then seized the title of 2013 WCG Champion as they went 2-0 against OMG, avenging CJ Frost's loss to a Chinese team. Team WE finished third after a 2-0 victory over Lyon.
- The five Garena Premier League tiebreaker games concluded the group stages in a fiery fashion. Several matches involving first and second place of each group concluded, and the two Azubu Taipei squads emerged as leaders of their group. The full group rankings are as follow:
News around the scene
- CJ Frost's MadLife, IEM Singapore's MVP, allowed the TeamLiquid community to interview him. You may discover his thoughts about Doublelift, his thought process during offline events, and more by following this link.
That was Today in LoLeSports. Thank you for reading and make sure to stay tuned for our next recap!
- Written by Adel "Hype Algerian" Chouadria - @HypeAlgerian
- Edited by Jordan Spence - @SanctifiedLoL
- Click Here to return to the Articles Index.