|Attack Damage:||280 |
|Critical Strike Chance:||0%|
|Initial Spawn Time:||20:00|
|Gold Gain on Kill:||300|
|Experience Gain on Kill:||1400|
Baron Nashor is the most powerful neutral monster on Summoner's Rift. He is described in game as follows: "This is a very powerful hostile monster, approach with caution! Killing this monster will yield great monetary and magical rewards to the team, but it should not be confronted alone." Baron Nashor's name is an anagram of "Roshan", a neutral monster in Defense of the Ancients that fulfills a similar role.
Killing Baron Nashor grants the Hand of Baron buff to all living champions on the team lasting a maximum of 3 minutes. This buff gives massively increased attack damage and ability power as well as an aura that promotes nearby minions and a recall time decrease.
The new Baron Nashor has a different set of abilities. The following table shows a known set of abilities that Baron performs. While they are not revealed in-game on a death screen, their debuffs and animations are visible and distinctive.
|Crowd Control Immunity
||(Innate) Baron Nashor is rendered immune to any form of crowd control.
||(Innate) Baron Nashor is surrounded by an aura of destruction. If angered, he deals 120 + (30% total attack damage) every basic attack and spike attack, (these occur every 0.75 seconds). Baron corruption attack is also represented with different visual particles now to make the difference more clear. (Champions gain corruption by being hit by his attacks/spells).
||Applies a stacking debuff that reduces target's armor and magic resist by 0.5. Stacks upto 100 times for a total of 50 armor and magic resist reduction.
||Knocks all champions away from the Baron by 600 range. This range is equivalent to the distance between the Baron and the entrance to his locale.
||Similar to Cho'Gath's Rupture which knocks up the target high in the air, approximately the height of Baron himself. A small circle appears which seems to have a tentacle charging power up to unleash and knock all those who stand in the AoE.
||Baron spits acid in a straight line, capable of leaving the pit. This deals magic damage and adds a large number of corrosion stacks to each target hit.
||Baron does not like being hit in the back. People standing behind Baron and outside the pit are hit by an AOE spike attack that deals physical damage to all targets hit and stuns them for 1 second.
||Baron spits out 3 green round pools in a cone front of him. This deals magic damage to all targets hit and creates slowing field.
|Baron's Gaze/Damage reduction
||Baron reduces all damage to him by 50% from the champion he attacks. This debuff lasts for 15 seconds, thus enabling this debuff
- Baron Nashor is often a key objective in games because of its massive gold bonus and global buff as well as a powerful buff that enables teams to crack the base.
- Baron is immune to all forms of Crowd Control. However, any damage with the Crowd Control is dealt.
- While soloing Baron is possible on some champions, it is not recommended. The key to soloing Baron is to have a high amount of damage per second, along with lifesteal(or similar sustain).
- Killing Baron is simplest with the help of a whole team. Baron will usually attack the target closest to him, so players may trade off on tanking by moving closer or further to/from him.
- It is common for teams to put a ward in the Baron pit or in the river near Baron. Before attempting to kill Baron, it is recommended to either place a Vision Ward or use an Sweeping Lens to kill the enemy wards.
- Because the Hand of Baron buff is given to the team that deals the killing blow on Baron, it is possible for players to steal the kill after the enemy team deals most of the damage. While it is easiest to steal Baron using the Smite summoner spell, some champions can steal it with abilities like Cho'Gath's Feast or Graves' Collateral Damage.
- When Baron dies, the Hand of Baron buff is only granted to those team members who are currently alive. Dead team members will respawn without the buff. Unlike the Ancient Golem and Lizard Elder buffs, the buff will not transfer when a player with the buff is killed.
- Unlike it's predecessor, Exalted with Baron Nashor, the effectiveness of Hand of Baron is not as reduced by killing memebers who have the buff. As long as one member has the buff, minions will be buffed.
Base damage decreased. Base health increased. Corruption damage increased.
Some team compositions—those without tanks—find Baron way too threatening. We're shifting Baron's damage to distribute more over the whole party (and not just one target). To make sure Baron is still contestable, we're upping its health, so it takes longer to bring down. With Baron requiring more time to kill and spreading its damage around the whole team, opposing teams should have more time to contest, and a bigger teamfight advantage if they do.
BASE HEALTH :  ⇒ 9000
| BASE DAMAGE :
||[400-550 (at minutes 20-40)]
||285-435 (at minutes 20-40)
BARON CORRUPTION : [30 (+5% total AD) every 0.5 seconds to the target with the lowest corruption stacks] ⇒ 120 + (30% total AD) every basic attack and spike attack, (these occur every 0.75 seconds). Baron corruption attack is also represented with different visual particles now to make the difference more clear. (Champions gain corruption by being hit by his attacks/spells).
Baron Nashor does more reliable / automatic damage but does less with his dodgeable area-of-effect abilities. He also spawns with less health.
- "Right now we've noticed that Baron Nashor is just too tough of an objective in the early to mid game, especially if the enemy team can contest even lightly. While a lot of this might just be about basic tuning, we also saw that teams trying to take Baron while under pressure from enemies ended up having a lot more difficulty dodging his high-damage spells (obviously), so we're shifting some of that power around. Still, end goal? We'd like a weaker Baron so he'll be more enticing to take throughout the game."
- Attack Damage Stat Changes
- BASE ATTACK DAMAGE :
500 ⇒ 240
- ATTACK DAMAGE GAIN PER MINUTE :
0 ⇒ 8 (capped at +310 AD after 40 minutes). Note: This counts from the start of game, not from the time Baron Nashor spawns. So when Baron first appears at 20:00, he has accumulated 20 minutes of bonus attack damage.
- TOTAL ATTACK DAMAGE AT SPAWN :
500 ⇒ 400
- Health Stat Changes
- BASE HEALTH :
8800 ⇒ 6400
- HEALTH GAIN PER MINUTE :
140 ⇒ 180 Note: This counts from the start of the game, not from the time Baron Nashor spawns. So when Baron first appears at 20:00, he has accumulated 20 minutes of bonus health.
- TOTAL HEALTH AT SPAWN :
11600 ⇒ 10000
- Attack Changes
- MELEE ATTACK AREA-OF-EFFECT RADIUS :
350 ⇒ 175
- MELEE BASIC ATTACK RATIO :
1.3 total attack damage ⇒ 1.0 total attack damage
- SINGLE TARGET REAR ATTACK RATIO :
1.15 total attack damage ⇒ 1.0 total attack damage
- AREA-OF-EFFECT REAR ATTACK RATIO :
1.15 total attack damage ⇒ 0.5 total attack damage
- Spell Changes
- [NEW] VOID CORRUPTION AURA RATIO : Baron Nashor's Void Corruption aura now scales with
0.0 of his total attack damage ⇒ 0.05 total attack damage
- [NEW] SPELL CASTING : Baron Nashor now casts
1 spell after every 4 or 5 basic attacks ⇒ 1 spell after 6 basic attacks (single target spit, melee area-of-effect, or single target rear spike)
- ACID SHOT RATIO :
0.5 total attack damage ⇒ 0.2 total attack damage
- ACID SHOT BURN RATIO :
1.0 total attack damage ⇒ 0.2 total attack damage
- ACID POOL RATIO :
0.4 total attack damage ⇒ 0.1 total attack damage
- TENTACLE KNOCKUP RATIO :
0.75 total attack damage ⇒ 0.25 total attack damage
Baron Spawn Timer
Baron wanted a later call-time.
- "With Baron appearing at the same time cannon minions ramp up their spawn times (or vice-versa), we can create more consistency around what 'mid-game' looks like for game pacing. "
- SPAWN TIME :
15 minutes ⇒ 20 minutes
Baron buff no longer gives regeneration to the buffed team, but provides a minion promote aura that amps up sieging power. By a lot.
- "Baron buff was always intended to be the siege-breaker; the ultimate answer to a team turtling and refusing to die. That's not to say that the present day Baron buff doesn't accomplish this goal, but it currently does so in a low-impact swirl of purple stats (and not much else). As such, our objective with the 2015 Baron buff is to trim power that doesn't feel impactful while adding it back in a way that says, "GO FORTH AND BUST DOWN THEIR WALLS." Hopefully that is now all you hear when you take down Baron. "
- NO FACTIONS HERE : Killing Baron Nashor grants a buff called
Exalted with Baron Nashor ⇒ Hand of Baron
- COMBAT BUFFS : Grants up to 40 attack power and ability power (scaling with game time)
- [NEW] MINION PROMOTE AURA : Hand of Baron grants an aura that empowers nearby minions:
- All Minions:
- Now match 90% of average movement speed of nearby champions, up to a limit of 500 movement speed
- Are resistant to slow effects
- Non-super minions have 75% damage reduction versus area of effect, damage over time, and persistent effects
- Gain +50% movement speed when within 800 units of enemy minions or turrets
- Size is increased
- +75 attack range
- 75% damage reduction versus champions and minions
- 30% damage reduction versus turrets (similar to cannon minions)
- Ranged Minions:
- +20 attack damage
- +50% missile speed
- +100 attack range
- Cannon Minions:
- +600 Attack Range
- +50 Attack Damage, but Attack Speed is halved
- Attacks are now Area of Effect (200 range) and deal 2x damage to Turrets.
- Super Minions:
- +25% Attack Speed.
- Gain +50% Movement Speed when within 800 units of enemy minion or Turret.
- [NEW] EMPOWERED RECALL : Hand of Baron augments your Recall with new effects:
- Baron buff reduces recall channel by 4 seconds.
- A successful recall heals 50% a champion's maximum health / mana
- A successful recall grants +50% movement speed for 8 seconds
Summary: Baron Nashor now takes less physical and magical damage from targets affected by Voracious Corrosion (the single target debuff he applies to whoever's tanking him) as opposed to directly reducing Attack Damage.
Context: Soloing Baron with sustained magic damage was too easy for a select few champions. This change makes things more consistent overall. A noted side effect is that teams who start fighting Baron will be at less of a disadvantage when engaged upon by the enemy team due to the fact that Voracious Corrosion no longer alters overall attack damage and instead only reduces damage directed at Baron Nashor. We'll continue to monitor this and act if it seems to be a significant problem.
- Voracious Corrosion
- No longer reduces the target's Attack Damage by 50%
- Now reduces the physical and magic damage the target deals to Nashor by 50%
- Dragon and Baron kill callouts should now display assists
- Base Health increased to 8,800 from 8,000
- Health per minute increased to 140 from 125