We're rolling back part of the cost reduction on BotRK from 8.11 by increasing the early cost of Cutlass. We first decreased the price in a cost-cutting sale across the board, following a noticeable increase in price of marksmen items. But the "discount price" since then has made the item too valuable for marksmen.
COMBINE COST :  ⇒ 350 gold
TOTAL COST :  ⇒ 1600 gold
The combine cost of Bilgewater Cutlass pays exclusively for its active effect - you gain no stats by upgrading it. 400 gold is a steep price for a small slow and a bit of damage, so we're dropping the cost to more reasonable levels.
COMBINE COST : [400 gold] ⇒ 250 gold
TOTAL COST : [1650 gold] ⇒ 1500 gold
TOTAL Cost : [1400 gold] ⇒ 1650 gold
BUILD Path : Vampiric Scepter + Long Sword + 350 gold
LIFESTEAL : [8%] ⇒ 10%
- "We get a decent amount of 'bug reports' for Blade of the Ruined King, but they're mostly related to the fact that the active range of BotRK is slightly out of sync (that is, shorter) than basic ranged autoattack ranges. This item actually used to have a 550 range, but it was pretty terrifying on melee champions. That said, since we've reduced the active damage portion of this item, we think we can bring that range sync back."
- ACTIVE CAST RANGE :
450 ⇒ 550
- Range reduced to 450 (from 550)
- Active now takes into account the bounding boxes for each champion
- These changes make Bilgewater Cutlass a better early pickup for champions who want to utilize its UNIQUE Active.
- Recipe Changed: Long Sword + Vampiric Scepter + 200 gold = 1,400 gold
- Attack Damage reduced to 25 from 40
- Life Steal increased to 12% from 10%
- UNIQUE Active damage decreased to 100 from 150
- UNIQUE Active slow reduced to 25% from 30%
- UNIQUE Active range increased to 500 from 400
- UNIQUE Active cooldown increased to 90 seconds from 60 seconds
- Attack Damage increased from 35 to 40
- Life Steal reduced from 15% to 10%
- Cost changed from 1,825 (400) to 1,925 (250)
- Stats increased to +35 attack damage, +15% lifesteal from +25 attack damage, +12% lifesteal
- The active component's cast range has been increased to 400 from 300
- Fixed a bug where the active effect would go through spell shields
- Fixed a bug where the active effect stacked with Hextech Gunblade's active