|We are upgrading our stats backend. You may notice some stats & match history pages are out of date/incomplete/missing. The process is estimated to take between 24 and 48 hours. For more information join our Discord!|
|Player has retired.|
|Country of Birth||United States|
|Birthday||February 13, 1989 (age 30)|
|Previous Role(s)||Bot Laner|
|Soloqueue IDs||CLG Chaustar (KR), Wise Quoter, Chooster, ChausterSOON™|
|Social Media & Links|
Steve "Chauster" Chau is a North American professional League of Legends player. He was the Support player for Counter Logic Gaming. In the past, he has also been the AD Carry, Mid Laner, and Jungler for CLG. Retired from competitive League of Legends on October 23, 2013.
Steve "Chauster" Chau hails from San Jose, California. The youngest of his family, Chau always followed his older siblings and mimicked whatever they did, which was predominantly playing games. He first played NES games like Contra, Double Dragon, and Tecmo Wrestling before transitioning to SNES and PlayStation. During that time, he began playing Starcraft I exclusively. However, Chau found it difficult to balance his time for gaming and education, so he decided to take a break from gaming. When he found free time, he tried out League of Legends just as something to do to pass time but eventually became hooked.
League of Legends Career
Throughout his career, Chauster believed that even though he didn't have the best mechanics, reaction time, or skill, he makes up for it with his superior knowledge of gameplay. That entire career was spent with Counter Logic Gaming, from April 2010 to his retirement in 2013. However, throughout that career he played multiple roles on the team. Chauster started as AD Carry as one of the founding members of the team, where he played until November 2011. He then moved to support, replacing Elementz in that role when Doublelift joined the team as starting AD Carry.
In October 2012, Chauster moved to the jungle in the starting roster, when Locodoco joined the team as support, Voyboy left, and HotshotGG moved to toplane. He stayed there until May 2013, when he switched roles once again, landing back in support with bigfatlp rejoining the team in the jungle. Chauster spent the rest of his CLG career there.
- Known for his Ezreal early in his career.
- His favorite champion was at one point Lee Sin.
- Was known as one of the most intelligent players in the competitive scene and was often considered the brains behind CLG.
- Has played every single role in the game (Top, Jungler, Mid, AD and Support) professionally.
- Was part of two first-place teams at the World Cyber Games (2010/2011).
- Lives in Northern California and has co-cast for the IGN Pro League.
- Has been noted to be unable to drink large amounts of alcohol .
- Has an Ask Me Anything thread on the Clgaming.net forums that has over 25,000 posts and 6.0 Million views.
- He was the main shot caller for Counter Logic Gaming while he was on the team.
- Graduated from UC Berkeley with a Dietetics major.
- Innovated the triple-teleport strategy, surprising viewers of the S2 NA Regionals.
- He currently works as an accountant.
- Chauster is one of only a few players in esports to have won two WCG titles, alongside the likes of Starcraft legend BoxeR and Warcraft's Grubby.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- November 29, Chauster Reflects on Esports Glory Days in His Current Life, Says Current Scene Lacks Old Persona… with onGamers
- February 1 - Chauster talks about being back in the LCS (video) with onGamers
- December 6 - Travis catches up with Chauster and Benny as they get ready to ARAM at IEM San Jose (video) with onGamers
- December 11 - IEM San Jose: Chauster "trying to transition back to school" (video) with SK Gaming
- February 22 - Chauster talks about HotshotGG, practice partners, and LCS WK 3 (video) with GameSpot
- February 22 - CLG Chauster on LCS W3 Day 2 (video) with Leaguepedia
- March 26 - Chauster 'Grilled' (video) with Team Acer
- April 1 - Know Your Role Episode 4 - Jungle with Chauster (video) with GameSpot
- June 14 - Chauster talks about CLG's match against Curse at the LCS (video) with GameSpot
- June 14 - League of Legends LCS [SS WK 1] Chauster - CLG vs. DIG (video) with MachinimaVS
- July 4 - Doublelift and Chauster talk 4th of July LCS Perfomance (video) with GameSpot
- July 12 - League of Legends LCS [SS WK 5] DOUBLELIFT AND CHAUSTER - CLG vs. TSM (video) with MachinimaVS
- October 23 - Counter Logic Gaming's Chauster Discusses His Decision to Retire with GameSpot
- October 24 - Hello. Chauster AMA - Ask me anything! First and last as a competitive player with Reddit
- February 15 - Chauster Interview - Gaming History - IPL League Of Legends (video) with IGN Pro League
- February 16 - Chauster Interview - Counter to Everything - IPL League Of Legends (video) with IGN Pro League
- March 1 - Dan Dinh and Chauster Interview - Snowball Comp - IPL League of Legends (video) with IGN Pro League
- June 15 - CLG Chauster - Pre GESL Interview (video) with State of the League
- September 13 - Interview with CLG.NA Chauster about Regionals matchups and strategies with Team Dignitas
- September 21 - Interview with CLG.Prime Chauster: "[Lee Sin] is falsely known to fall off late game." with Team Dignitas
- October 4 - Chauster Talks About The S2 Worlds Loss feat. his girlfriend Maggie with IGN Pro League
- December 2 - Chauster talks about their run at IPL 5, 2013, and training more (video) with GameSpot
The following pages redirect here. There are three types of pages that may appear on this list:
- Names formerly used by the player in competition
- Nicknames or alternative spellings or capitalizations of the player's name
- Common typos that are frequently searched for
The list is generated automatically. To request an addition to the list, you may use this form.
- No results found
- Retirement clgaming.net
- CLG are the 2010 WCG Champions "na.leagueoflegends.com"
- CDE Interview After 1st Place at WCG 2011 "youtube.com"
- CHAUSTER HANDLE YOUR SH*T! youtube.com
- ask me questions - Page 2,160 clgaming.net
- Chauster Reflects on Esports Glory Days in His Current Life, Says Current Scene Lacks Old Personality "gamespot.com"