| Cody Sun
| Background Information
|| Cody Sun
| Country of Birth:
|| April 25, 1997
|| North America
|| 100 Thieves
|| AD Carry
| Favorite champions:
| Other competitive IDs:
|| TM8, TheMassacre8, Massacre
| Soloqueue IDs:
|| yzeetrA, Deep Learning
| Social Media and Links
| Team History
Cody "Cody Sun
" Sun is the AD carry for 100 Thieves
. He was previously known as TM8
Cody Sun (born Sun Li Yu) joined Magnetic in May 2015 and qualified for the NACS Summer Season, losing to Misfits and then beating CLG Black in the qualifier. Prior to the start of the season, the team renamed to Team Imagine. Massacre played with Imagine for the first two weeks of the season before the entire roster was replaced.
Massacre played with Team Frostbite in the NACS Open Qualifier and main qualifier, but the team failed to make the Spring Season. After week 1 of the NACS, he joined Dream Team, who had successfully qualified. Dream Team finished the season in fifth place, losing an automatic tiebreaker with Team Liquid Academy due to head-to-head record. They missed out on the playoffs but received higher seeding for the summer qualifier due to finishing ahead of Enemy. Cody Sun left Dream Team in October and later in December joined Immortals.
In the Spring Split Immortals was for the most part a middle of the pack team. Although they showed promise they could never break into the Top 3. Cody Sun's performance in particular was very rough and he was widely criticized for his inexperience and subpar play. The team finished in 7th place, barely missing out on the playoffs. In the Summer Split after bringing in SSONG as their new coach, Immortals' performance turned around completely and they stayed in the Top 3 throughout the whole regular split. Cody Sun was praised for his improved play and synergy with his support Olleh. The team finished the regular season in 2nd place with a 14-4 record. Their performance in the Summer Playoffs was also excellent as they took down Counter Logic Gaming 3-0 in the semifinals and became the first team in NA LCS history since 2013 outside of CLG, TSM and C9 to reach the finals. Despite their accomplishment however, they were defeated 1-3 by TSM in the finals and finished 2nd place. Despite the loss they still managed to qualify for the 2017 Season World Championship via championship points. At Worlds Immortals was seeded in Group B along with Longzhu Gaming, Fnatic and GIGABYTE Marines. Despite a good 2-1 start in Week 1 they couldn't follow up on it in Week 2 and went 0-3. Having to play a tiebreaker in order to advance forward, Immortals faced Fnatic and lost the game which knocked them out of Worlds.
Due to Immortals not being accepted into the newly franchised NA LCS, Cody Sun's contract was sold to Team Liquid in November. However, Liquid's subsequent acquisition of Doublelift made him redundant, and so he joined the recently created 100 Thieves in December of 2017.
- January 23rd, Immortals’ Cody Sun on problems with AD Carry and a lack of synergy with Olleh with Slingshot
- February 12th, Cody Sun explains Immortals' performance and how he works with Pobelter and Dardoch with Blitz Esports
- March 14th, The Immortals Bot Lane Is Stepping Up with Red Bull Esports
- June 9th, Cody Sun on Xmithie: “(He) definitely brings a different mentality since he’s a more experienced guy where he’s also really mature, and he has pretty good leadership qualities.” with Slingshot Esports
- July 1st, Interview with IMT's duo, Cody Sun and Olleh with DreXxiN on Esports Heaven
- July 3rd, Cody Sun on RR: 'TSM & C9 have been to international events... for them it might not be as valuable' with Travis Gafford
- July 20th, Cody Sun on Immortals’ Week 6 rebound: “We went back to what had been working, which was just follow (Xmithie), give him information and then he’ll make the call.” with Emily Rand for Slingshot Esports
- August 7th, Cody Sun on Best Player of the Split: "When we play against Jensen, we have a lot of our focus on midlane" with Inven Global