|Crest of Cinders|
|Passive Basic attacks against non-turret apply a debuff that slows the target by 10 / 15 / 25% (halved for ranged champions) for 3 seconds and deals 12 - 114 (based on level) bonus true damage over 2 seconds, with the first tick of damage occurring on-hit and subsequent ticks occurring each second. Applying Crest of Cinders while a target is already affected by it refreshes the burn duration, but does not deal the on-hit damage part.|
|Also, when out-of-combat with champion and epic monster, heals for 1 / 3 / 9% of maximum health per 5 seconds. If the buff holder is slain, this buff is transferred to the killer.|
|Source||Killing Red Brambleback|
|Lost On Death||Yes|
The Crest of Cinders is a neutral buff granted upon killing a Red Brambleback.
- It is only available on Summoner's Rift.
- Killing someone with the Crest of Cinders transfers it to you and the buff's duration is refreshed.
- Ivern can grant himself and an ally this buff while only defeating one Red Brambleback with his passive Friend of the Forest.
- This buff can be identified by swirling red runes around your champion. Due to such, it is often referred to as Red Buff
- The icon of this buff was recycled off Tabu, a champion that was canceled in the Closed Beta of League of Legends.
- This buff used to be called Blessing of the Lizard Elder.
The amount of damage red buff adds to a jungler's ability to push a tower after a successful gank is pretty high, and that can make the difference between a tower killed and a tower at half health. There's not much gameplay around this distinction; it was just sometimes escalating how quickly towers fell, so we're removing it.
STONE CAN'T BURN : Crest of Cinders' burn effect no longer damages turrets
BUGFIX : The damaging effects of Corrupting Potion, Deathfire Touch, Red Buff, and Challenging Smite now properly count as damage-over-time effects (see Kayn’s note above for why this matters)
Duration increased. Red buff’s on-hit tick and Blue buff’s ability power scaling removed.
During the mid-season update, we compressed the power of Red and Blue buff into stronger, shorter versions, with the hope that contesting them could feel like a more valuable objective. However, the power-ups have made fights with the buffs in play too volatile - buffs are accelerating the damage pacing of their wielders more than they should.. We’re reverting the mid-season changes to bring these buffs back to useful - but not overwhelming - levels.
DURATION : [120 seconds on first buff, 90 seconds thereafter] ⇒ 120 seconds on all buffs
Red and blue buffs scale better, but expire faster.
Similar to our goals for the epic monster changes, we want red and blue buffs to be worth contesting. Ol’ Sentinel and Brambleback already had clear reasons to be taken, so we’re compressing their buff durations to accentuate the strengths they offer and scale them better into the late game.
DIMINISHING RETURNS : Red and blue buffs last 120 seconds the first timbuff camp is cleared, and 90 seconds on subsequent clears
DAMAGE OVER TIME : [4 x level at 1.5 and 3 seconds] ⇒ 2 + (2 x level) at 1.5 and 3 seconds
BURN ON HIT Now applies a free tick of damage on application or reapplication in addition to applying or extending the damage over time effect.
SLOW : [10/15/20% at levels 1/6/11] ⇒ 10/15/25% at levels 1/6/11
HEALTH REGENERATION : [1% maximum health per 5 seconds at all times] ⇒ 1/3/9% maximum health per 5 seconds at levels 1/6/11 when not in combat with champions, turrets, or epic monsters
Health, armor, damage and experience down. Magic resist and gold reward up.
It wouldn't be a preseason without some jungle changes, would it? We're actually pretty happy with where the Jungle sits systems-wise, so we're just doing a tuning pass to keep things in line with the other changes we've made. Simply put, the jungle's a tad easier and gives more gold, but nets less overall experience unless you've got a jungle item to make up the difference.
BRAMBLEBACK'S RAGE Crest of Cinders' true damage now applies to turrets
- NEW EFFECT: Now also heals by 1% of their maximum health per 5 seconds.
- Duration reduced to 120 seconds from 150.
- Damage per second changed to 1.67 − 18.67 (based on level) from 3.33 − 14.67 (based on level).
- Total damage over 3 seconds changed to 5 − 56 (based on level) from 10 − 44 (based on level).
- Melee slow reduced to 5 / 7.5 / 10% from 8 / 11.5 / 15%.
- Ranged slow reduced to 2.5 / 3.75 / 5% from 4 / 5.75 / 7.5%.
- NEW EFFECT: The buff is now only lost on time-out or death by enemy champion; executions will no longer lose you the buff.
- Renamed to Crest of Cinders from Blessing of the Lizard Elder.
- BUG FIX: Damage now displays properly in death recap.
- REMOVED: Triggering on spell damage.
- Melee slow reduced to 8 / 16 / 24% from 10 / 20 / 30%.
- Ranged slow reduced to 4 / 8 / 12% from 5 / 10 / 15%.
- NEW EFFECT: Single target damaging abilities now apply the debuff.
- Slow increased to 10 / 20 / 30% from 10 / 15 / 20 / 25%.
- NEW EFFECT: Slow is halved to 5 / 10 / 15% on ranged champions.
- Damage per second reduced to 10 - 50 (based on level) from 15 - 55 (based on level).
- Total damage reduced 30 - 150 (based on level) from 45 - 165 (based on level).
- Slow reduced to 10 / 15 / 20 / 25% from 10 / 20 / 25 / 30%.
- Slow reduced to 10 / 20 / 25 / 30% from 15 / 20 / 25 / 30%.
- NEW EFFECT: Now applies a 15 / 20 / 25 / 30% slow for 3 seconds.
- REMOVED: Granting 50 - 130 (based on level) ability power.
- NEW EFFECT: Now grants 50 - 130 (based on level) ability power.
- REMOVED: Applying a Slow icon slow.
- Damage over time duration reduced to 3 seconds from 4.
- Damage per second changed to 15 - 55 (based on level) from 20 - 50 (based on level).
- Total damage over the duration reduced 45 - 165 (based on level) from 80 - 200 (based on level).
- Duration increased to 150 seconds from 120.
Added to the game