We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Darius - the Hand of Noxus
|HP Regen:||8.25 (+0.95)|
|Mana Regen:||6 (+0.35)|
|Attack Damage:||50 (+5)|
|Attack Speed:||0.625 (+1%)|
|Magic Resist:||30 (+1.25)|
Darius, the Hand of Noxus is a Melee Fighter that punishes people who stay in the fight against him with his high ramp up damage. His passive Hemorrhage applies stacks of a bleed on the target up to 5 every time he auto attacks or hits someone with an ability. His Ultimate, Noxian Guillotine, is a high true damage ability that does 20% more damage per stack of Hemorrhage on the target, it also has no cooldown if it gets the killing blow. Darius is primarily found in solo top lane due to him being very aggressive and able to punish people who get close to him.
|Lore:||There is no greater symbol of Noxian might than Darius, the nation's most feared and battle-hardened warrior. Orphaned at a young age, Darius had to fight to keep himself and his younger brother alive. By the time he joined the military, he had already developed the strength and discipline of a veteran soldier. The first true test of Darius's resolve occurred in a crucial battle against Demacia, where the Noxian forces were exhausted and outnumbered. Darius's captain called for his troops to retreat, but Darius refused to accept such an act of cowardice. Breaking formation, Darius strode towards the captain and decapitated him with one sweep of his gigantic axe. Both terrified and inspired, the soldiers followed Darius into battle and fought with incredible strength and fervor. After a long and grueling battle, they ultimately emerged victorious.
Seizing momentum from this victory, Darius led his now fiercely loyal troops in a devastating campaign against Demacia. After proving his power on the battlefield, Darius turned his gaze homeward. He saw a Noxus riddled with weakness, where greedy, complacent nobles drained the nation's strength. Seeking to restore his country to greatness, Darius took it upon himself to reshape the Noxian leadership. He identified weak figureheads and violently removed them from their positions of power. Many in Noxus saw Darius's cull as an attempt to seize power, but he had a different plan for the throne. He had been watching the rise of Jericho Swain with keen interest. In Swain, Darius saw a leader with the mind and determination to bring Noxus to glory. Now allied with the Master Tactician, Darius works to unite the nation behind his vision of true Noxian strength.
| "A united Noxus could control the world - and would deserve to."
- Darius, the Hand of Noxus
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|Champions Spring 2013||0||2||0||2||0||2.3|
|EU LCS - Spring Season||1||4||2||2||50||4.5|
|NA LCS - Spring Season||0||3||2||1||66.7||2.7|
|IEM Season VII - World Championship||0||3||1||2||33.3||7|
|G-League 2012 Season 2||0||1||0||1||0||2.5|
|Click [Show] for Additional Tournament Stats|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|Champions Winter 2012-2013||0||10||4||6||40||8.6|
|IEM Season VII - Cologne||0||1||1||0||100||5|
|IEM Season VII - Singapore||1||2||1||1||50||15.8|
|Tencent Games Arena Winter 2012||0||1||0||1||0||4.3|
|2012 MLG Fall Championship||4||1||1||0||100||13.9|
|Season 2 World Championship||0||2||0||2||0||6.5|
|Season 2 - Regional Finals Da Nang||0||1||1||0||100||11.1|
|Champions Summer 2012||0||1||0||1||0||1.4|
|Season 2 - Regional Finals Seattle||0||2||1||1||50||11.1|
|2012 MLG Summer Championship||0||5||4||1||80||8.7|
|IPL Face Off||1||3||2||1||66.7||10.5|
|DreamHack Summer 2012||4||2||0||2||0||28.5|
|2012 MLG Spring Championship||8||6||3||3||50||15.7|
Many abilities are meant to get champions within striking range of their foes. In these situations, we often add an attack command at the end of the ability so champions aren’t standing around awkwardly after closing in on an enemy. Based on how input queueing works in League, however, this attack command overwrites any attempt to queue a second ability during the original ability’s cast time. We’re modifying a bunch of abilities so the hidden attack command no longer overwrites spell queueing attempts, but will still work if a second ability isn’t cast. Let us know if you think we’ve left something off the list!
- THIS IS A BIT CONFUSING: Changed several interactions where abilities overwrote any spell queuing commands, instead forcing the caster to immediately begin basic-attacking once the ability completed.
- SO HERE’S AN EXAMPLE: If Pantheon tried to queue E - Heartseeker Strike during W - Aegis of Zeonia’s dash, he’d begin basic-attacking the target once Aegis of Zeonia completed instead of casting Heartseeker Strike.
- BUT WHAT ABOUT MY…: This change only affects the following abilities:
- Aatrox’s Q - Dark Descent
- Amumu’s Q - Bandage Toss
- Darius’s E - Apprehend
- Ekko’s E - Phase Dive and R - Chronobreak
- Elise’s Spider Q - Venomous Bite
- Evelynn’s E - Ravage
- Irelia’s Q - Bladesurge
- Kha’Zix’s Q - Taste Their Fear
- Kindred’s E - Mounting Dread
- Lee Sin’s Q - Resonating Strike
- Maokai’s W - Twisted Advance
- Pantheon’s W - Aegis of Zeonia
- Poppy’s E - Heroic Charge
- Rek’Sai’s R - Void Rush
- Talon’s Q - Noxian Diplomacy
- When Darius triggers Noxian Might by applying a fifth Passive - Hemorrhage stack via Q - Decimate, Decimate now properly only applies one stack of Hemorrhage to other units hit
- Fixed a bug where moving the camera away from Dunkmaster Darius as he was recalling would desync the sound of it
Passive damage reduced on early levels, Q damage reduced when hit by the handle.
Darius is supposed to be the big bad guy who smashes you with an axe if you get too close, but right now he feels downright oppressive to lane against. Noxian Might’s early numbers are where the greatest problem lies. With a massive attack damage buff to count on, Darius’s level 1 all-in is brutally stacked in his favor. From there, his passive remains so potent through the early levels that opponents have no opportunity to recover. It’s okay for Darius to start building a lead with an early kill, but one death shouldn’t make or break the entire laning phase. We also want to reward opponents who can duel Darius by outplaying Decimate, providing they do so with caution. You should still try to avoid his giant axe altogether, but if you really wanna fight the Hand of Noxus, you might have a better chance to do so now.
- Bonus attack damage reduced by 10 from levels 1 - 14.
- NOXIAN MIGHT BONUS (LV 1-6):
40/40/45/45/45/45 attack damage⇒30/30/35/35/35/35 attack damage
- NOXIAN MIGHT BONUS (LV 7-13):
50/60/70/80/90/100/110 attack damage⇒ 40/50/60/70/80/90/100 attack damage
- NOXIAN MIGHT BONUS (LV 14-18): 120/140/160/180/200 bonus attack damage (unchanged)
- NOXIAN MIGHT BONUS (LV 1-6):
- Fixed a bug where, briefly after hitting a target with Darius’s E - Apprehend, Darius automatically tried to attack the target, overriding any commands issued after Apprehend was cast
- Dunkmaster Darius’s W - Crippling Strike axe backboard flames are no longer offset from the backboard
- Dunkmaster Darius’s R - Noxian Guillotine no longer makes an orange blob on the ground when cast on a target with five stacks of Hemmorhage
- Dunkmaster Darius's health bar no longer overlaps with his head
- When Darius’s E - Apprehend pulls enemies over walls, it no longer chest-bumps them back to the side they were on to begin with
- Fixed a bug where Darius’s E - Apprehend wasn’t properly pulling in enemies that were mid-dash during its cast
Q's Width Decreased along with E's Slow Decreased.
"Still going strong. We’re tuning back the reliability of top lane’s most notorious dunklord. Underneath all the raw bulk and resets are intricate elements of spacing and positioning - given the ‘blank’ space on Decimate - but they simply aren’t working as well as we’d hoped. Creating more opportunities to ‘dodge’ Decimate by taking advantage of its decreased width and Apprehend’s weaker slow means more opportunities for you to profitably retaliate before Darius achieves prime dunking position." Q - Decimate
90% Slow⇒ 40% Slow
Q’s heal per unit reduced, but maximum heal and mana cost increased.
"The least mobile of the Juggernauts from 5.16, it’s Darius’s seemingly endless longevity in fights that tip the tension of triggering this Noxian Might into a foregone conclusion, wiping the battlefield clean of anyone unfortunate enough to be in range. Seeing how rough his release was (and how oppressive he is now), we’re taking a measured approach to find a middle ground where Darius can still succeed in fights, but has to work harder to pull off the same unstoppable feats as before."
Q - Decimate
- HEAL PER CHAMPION HIT:
15% of missing health⇒ 12% of missing health
- MAXIMUM HEAL:
30% of missing health⇒ 36% of missing health
30 mana at all ranks⇒ 30/35/40/45/50 mana
Patch Notes 5.17
W refunds cost and cooldown upon killing units.
"D-Man’s already received a hotfix for his troubles during 5.16, so we’re adding some light support and watching to see if the dunk prophecies are true."
- Q - Decimate
- USE YOUR FLASH ATTACK: Fixed a bug where Summoner Spells were disabled while winding up
- THIS ALREADY CHANGED: Tooltip updated based on 5.16’s mid-patch update
Patch Notes 5.14
E provides vision when cast.
"Apprehend now gives vision to help you react to the things you grab (particularly over walls), or to show you just how far off you were. This'll give you and your allies a little more time to pounce on the unlucky carries you drag in - or more time to jump away in fear if your haul yields an Amumu to the middle of your team."
Patch Notes 5.7
Dunking refunds mana. At max rank, R's cooldown resets on kill.
"One of the most feared lane bullies of his day, Darius had only one natural predator: the late-game. As metas have shifted however, the once proud Hand of Noxus lost his luster amidst a sea of flighty assassins, tanky titans and mobile marksmen. Make no mistakes: his primary counters are still intact - a jumble of crowd control and sustained damage (often from range) will still shut him down - but now, failing to contain him using these tools will open him up to killing your entire team."
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Hemorrhage (Passive) bonus attack damage ratio reduced to 0.3 from 0.4
- Noxian Guillotine will now only refresh its cooldown when it deals the killing blow
- Apprehend pre-pull animation modified to be more readable for enemy champions
- Fixed a bug with Hemorrhage applying Rylai's Crystal Scepter slow and Spell Vamp effects