|Country of Birth||Canada|
|Birthday||November 12, 1994 (age 24)|
|Soloqueue IDs||DmoneyakaDdollas, EthiI, LFTEAMTOPMIDJUNG, evitcepsreP|
|Social Media & Links|
Darshan "Darshan" Upadhyaya hails from Poway, California. He was one of the founding members of Good Game University and then went on to play for Team Coast. After Coast was relegated from the LCS, he joined Dignitas and played there during the 2014 Summer split.
On October 20, 2014, ZionSpartan announced his free agency. Over the next two weeks, rumors grew that he was going to move to Counter Logic Gaming, though there were claims that Riot was investigating a possible poaching allegation. On November 7, the rumors were proven true and CLG announced that ZionSpartan was joining the team as their new toplaner.
For the first eight weeks of the spring split, CLG were never lower in the standings than tied for second place, and the only reason they didn't receive a playoff bye was that they lost a second-place tie breaker to Cloud9 and so ended up in third place. CLG fans called the split CLG's "golden age," but the question still remained whether CLG could perform in the playoffs, especially after a dramatic comeback loss to Team SoloMid the first time the two teams met in the round robin. Ultimately, CLG were unable to perform in playoffs, as they lost to Team Liquid in the quarterfinals and ended the split tied for fifth place with Gravity.
Echoing their spring split performance, CLG started the summer split strong, in first place at the end of each of the first four weeks and then lost four games in a row to finish tied for fifth after week six. This time, however, they rebounded and ended the season in second, behind Team Liquid and with a 13-5 record. They received a bye in the first round of the playoffs and then swept both Team Impulse and Team SoloMid 3-0, to win their first LAN event since MLG Raleigh in 2011 nearly four years prior and receive North America's top seed to Worlds. Despite having a relatively easy group draw with KOO Tigers, Flash Wolves, and paiN Gaming, CLG didn't advance from their Worlds group, ending with a 2-4 record including a loss to paiN.
After two major roster changes - Stixxay replacing long-time AD carry Doublelift and HuHi replacing Pobelter - CLG attended IEM San Jose in November 2015, where they defeated Unicorns of Love and Jin Air Green Wings before losing to Origen. ZionSpartan also renamed to Darshan going into the tournament. Their performance earned them a seed into IEM Katowice, which they attended after the seventh week of the LCS. However, despite being in a strong position domestically, in second place behind only the almost-undefeated Immortals (to whom CLG had handed their only loss of the season the week before), CLG were eliminated immediately from Katowice, losing first to SK Telecom T1 and then to Fnatic.
CLG entered the LCS playoffs in second place, still behind Immortals, and still the only team to have beaten Immortals in the regular season. They won their semifinal series against Team Liquid in five games, winning the last game with a double teleport play to catch out Piglet and close out a win. Despite seeding expectations, their finals match was against TSM, who had 3-0'd Immortals the week before. This series also went to five games, and CLG once again won, qualifying for the Mid-Season Invitational.
Returning to North America for the Summer Split, CLG were expected to be at the top of the league after their MSI performance. However, not only did they fail to achieve that, but they weren't even in the top half of the standings until week 6. From there, they climbed to a fourth place regular season finish. In the playoffs, CLG first faced off against Team Liquid, whom they beat 3-1, before falling to TSM 3-0 in the semifinals. Crucially, one of Huhi's signature mid lane champions Aurelion Sol was found to have a bug partway through their first game, and the game was remade with Aurelion Sol disabled for the rest of the playoffs (though it was generally accepted that TSM would have won regardless). CLG lost the third-place to Immortals but automatically qualified for the World Championship based on Championship Points due to TSM's finals win over Cloud9.
CLG were seeded into Group A at Worlds, alongside the ROX Tigers, G2 Esports, and wildcard Albus NoX Luna. Going into the group, CLG and G2 were seen as contenders for the second seed, while Tigers and Albus NoX were expected to finish first and last, respectively. Instead, CLG dropped both of their games to the wildcard team, and ANX skyrocketed to a second-place group stage finish while G2 collapsed into last place; CLG ended their Worlds run in third with a 3-3 record.
Transitioning into the spring split of the 2017 LCS season, CLG was the only North American team to not make any changes to its roster. They were inconsistent to begin the split, fluctuating between 5th and 7th place over the first half of the season before stabilizing with a 2-0 week 5. CLG remained in the playoffs after that, and a 3-1 record down the stretch put them in fourth behind TSM, Cloud9 and a much improved Phoenix1. In the playoffs, CLG faced off against 5th seed FlyQuest. Although they started off strong with 2 wins, they were ultimately reverse swept and lost 2-3 which knocked them out of playoffs.
In the mideason, CLG swapped junglers with Immortals, sending Xmithie, one of their longest tenured players, to the team for Dardoch. This change seemed to work out for both sides, as CLG began the season in a three way race for first with Immortals and TSM. As the season went on however, CLG's performance started to drop and eventually Dardoch left the team and was replaced by LCS rookie OmarGod. This stabilized CLG's play to some extent and they finished the regular season in 3rd place with a 12-6 record. In the playoffs CLG managed to defeat Team EnVyUs 3-2 in a hard fought series. They however lost 0-3 to Immortals in the Semifinals. In the third place match CLG swept Team Dignitas 3-0 to end their playoff run on a high note.
Their third place finish gave CLG the second seed in the Regional Finals. There, they defeated FlyQuest 3-1, setting up a match with Cloud9 to make Worlds. After they dropped the first two games, CLG managed to win the third and make it a series, but dropped the fourth and lost the series which in turn ended their 2017 season.
- Known for his Fizz, Akali, Nidalee and Jayce.
- Has a reputation of playing a phenomenal Jayce, such that he's become a standard ban for many teams facing CST.
- His favorite champion is Rumble.
- Even his teacher calls him ZionSpartan.
- Was part of the Season 3 World Championship analyst desk.
- He was born in Canada and moved to Washington at the age of 2. He moved to Southern California when he was 10-11.
- Originates from India.
- This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- January 5, Zionspartan iBUYPOWER Vlog: IEM Cologne and LCS Promotion series
- January 30, Zionspartan iBUYPOWER Vlog: Back in Action for LCS Week 2
- April 18, Zionspartan iBUYPOWER Vlog: Scarra leaving, top lane meta shift and LCS spring finals
- August 7, Zionspartan iBUYPOWER Vlog: LCS week 10, Playoffs Preparations and Thoughts on Quarterfinals
- October 29, Zionspartan iBUYPOWER Vlog: Reflections on Worlds 2015
- February 4, CLG Darshan: "I feel like I can play any style, but maybe this season we'll see more of the ZionSpartan flavor return with more split-pushers." with Nick Geracie on Inven Global
- February 26, Darshan on CLG's 0 - 2 weekend and how he deals with the criticism with Choi "Locodoco" Yoon-seop on YouTube
- March 4, Darshan on NA fiesta games 'Teams that are ahead have a tendency to make mistakes' with Choi "Locodoco" Yoon-seop on YouTube
- January 16, DARSHAN: Focus with Counter Logic Gaming
- January 16, Darshan: why Bo1's bring back CLG strength, hopes for Dardoch as a former teammate with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- January 31, 20 Questions with CLG Darshan with Counter Logic Gaming
- July 15, President Darshan wants to improve ping and practice for NA LCS players with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- August 14, Darshan: “Thank you to all the fans who stuck around through this whole terrible season.” with Parkes Ousley on The Shotcaller
- August 15, CLG Darshan as the President of NALCSPA: "I’m passionate about helping players have better lives." with Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- November 4, Darshan on the mentality NA teams need to win and how his off-season is going with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- January 23, Darshan on roster changes: “People in general just overrate how bringing in really strong players will make a team strong, because a lot more goes into it than just having strong players on your team.” with Slingshot
- February 9, Darshan: ‘You can have strong players, but it’s much better to have players that work well together’ with Yahoo!
- February 9, Darshan on how to be the best LoL player: "The second you slip, somebody else is going to pass you." with Blitz Esports
- September 4, CLG's Darshan: 'I didn't ever really question whether or not CLG would be part of the NA LCS, I always felt that it was a given' with theScore esports
- September 5, Darshan on Gauntlet: 'See you guys at Worlds, we're not gonna let you down CLG fans' with Travis Gafford
- September 9, Interview with CLG Darshan: "We got some hints from LZ Khan's play" with Inven Global
- Dec. 9th, You Laugh, You Lose with Darshan: On NA at Worlds 2017 & the biggest lesson he learned this year with Lisa Doan on theScore Esports
- January 26, Darshan on CLG's future: 'We've got the formula down for what we need to do to improve' with theScore
- February 2, Darshan Discusses CLG's Match Against Echo Fox - Why His Old Pants Are Now LCS Banned with G|League
- February 10, Darshan on TSM: They're not as strong as what I expected halfway through the season' with theScore
- February 28, Darshan on Immortals: 'What that game shows is that any team can really win any game' with theScore
- April 8, [LoL] Head-to-Head: Lourlo vs. Darshan with theScore
- April 11, Darshan on CLG's win over TL: 'I'm still kind of in disbelief that we won' with theScore
- April 19, Darshan: ’NA deserves more, we deserve more, I want to make a statement at MSI’ with Yahoo!
- May 7, Darshan: 'This experience is going to make us come back to North America as such a stronger team' with Marcel Feldkamp on theScore
- May 9, Darshan: "We're making NA a region that people can be proud of" with Travis Gafford on Yahoo Esports
- May 21, Reddit AMA
- June 20, Darshan:the community's opinion of Huhi is sad, ‘I honestly believe he's one of the best mids in NA’ with theScore
- July 11, Darshan on how nV isn’t the type to ‘fall down, die & lose’ and why his TP play has gotten worse with theScore
- July 25, CLG Darshan: "I have lots of pocket picks to pull out. I am looking forward to playing Cho'Gath" with Inven Global
- August 29, Darshan says there's no choice but to bootcamp in Korea, CLG might have stayed in NA if others had with theScore
- October 3, Darshan: 'If any team wants to leave Aurelion Sol up against us, it's a pretty big mistake' with ESPN
- February 1, ZionSpartan: "I think we're better than TSM." (video) with onGamers
- February 9, Interview with ZionSpartan at IEM Cologne 2014 with ThePlayable
- June 2, NA LCS 2015: ZionSpartan - "Rob sucks at doing interviews." with SK Gaming
- June 9, Aphromoo and Zionspartan Break Down Their Loss to TSM and What It Means with GameSpot
- July 21, Zion on CLG's Streak, AP Items, Says TSM Has Lost Their Identity with onGamers
- July 26, ZionSpartan on his champion selection, CLG's pick-ban phase and his team's biggest competition with theScore
- July 29, CLG ZionSpartan - 20 Questions with HyperX
- August 15, CLG's ZionSpartan: "The golden age has finally come. It is our Faith age, whatever you want to call it." with theScore
- September 20, EITHER/OR with CLG's ZionSpartan with theScore
- October 2, Zionspartan: 'KOO are a really strong team, but I think we can beat them pretty handily' with The Daily Dot
- November 22, Darshan and HuHi on playing with a new roster, CLG's game against UoL and looking ahead to 2016 with theScore
- November 23, CLG Darshan – "I prefer being called Darshan" with Team Liquid
- November 28, Darshan on Getting Randomly Drug Tested at IEM San Jose and CLG's Second Place Finish with onGamers
- December 13, Darshan on Watching All Stars From the Desk and His New Singing Career with onGamers
- February 15, ZionSpartan shares his thoughts about Coast's match against XDG (video) with onGamers
- May 24, ZionSpartan talks about their matches in the first weekend of LCS (video) with onGamers
- May 31, Interview with ZionSpartan about Super Week, fitting in, and the future with Team Dignitas
- July 20, ZionSpartan: '...We're not going to be the same Dignitas that everyone's been used to seeing...' (video) with onGamers
- August 3, ZionSpartan talks about their strats to playoffs (video) with onGamers
- August 29, ZionSpartan breaks down his matches vs. CLG (video) with onGamers
- November 8, Travis meets with new CLG members, Scarra and ZionSpartan (video) with onGamers
- December 30, Ask The Pros: CLG's ZionSpartan with LoL Esports
- January 12, ZionSpartan and GGU secure LCS Season 3 spot with ESFI World
- January 14, ZionSpartan talks about GGU's road to Season 3 (video) with GameSpot
- February 15, GGU's ZionSpartan - "It's basically just a game of cat and mouse." (video) with Leaguepedia
- March 31, League of Legends LCS WK7 - ZionSpartan - GGU vs. Vulcun (video) with MachinimaVS
- April 12, Zionspartan talks GGU vs MRN, beard for Shiptur and Daydreaming (video) with GameSpot
- April 27, League of Legends Spring Playoffs - DontMashMe & ZionSpartan - GGU vs. Dignitas (video) with MachinimaVS
- April 28, ZionSpartan and Daydreamin talk match vs Curse and going to Prom (video) with GameSpot
- June 21, ZionSpartan talks Team Coast's match against Velocity eSports (video) with GameSpot
- July 27, LCS Week 7 Day 2 CST ZionSpartan "Everything about a champion is how you percieve it" (video) with Leaguepedia
- August 1, ZionSpartan talks about Team Coast's Comeback in the LCS Week 8 (video) with GameSpot
- September 10, The Inner League - Darshan "ZionSpartan" Upadhyaya - Episode 3 (video) with LolKing
Articles & Videos
- February 22, Darshan around the world by Paul Marshall on LoL Esports
- May 2, Raw and Uncut: CLG Darshan's 2016 Spring Split Profile (12m4s) from theScore on YouTube
The following pages redirect here. There are three types of pages that may appear on this list:
- Names formerly used by the player in competition
- Nicknames or alternative spellings or capitalizations of the player's name
- Common typos that are frequently searched for
The list is generated automatically. To request an addition to the list, you may use this form.
- ZionSpartan's Twitter - twitter.com
- Zionspartan joins CLG! blog.ibuypower.com
- Exit the Dragon: On Competitive Integrity and Aurelion Sol thescoreesports.com
- Even his teacher calls him ZionSpartan youtube.com
- Casters and analysts announced for Worlds lolesports.com
- League Community Podcast Ep. 4 na.leagueoflegends.com
- Player Spotlight: Darshan-CLG LoL youtube.com