|Country of Birth||Denmark|
|Birthday||August 22, 1991 (age 28)|
|Soloqueue IDs||NiP Deficio, CW Deficio, Wolves Deficio, FZ Deficio, XL Deficio|
|Social Media & Links|
Martin "Deficio" Lynge is the general manager for Origen.
Deficio is a League of Legends player from Skanderborg, Denmark. Among the first games he played were Heroes of Might and Magic III as well as Age of Empires II. He then continued with Football Manager and World of Warcraft.
After getting tired of WoW his friends decided to explore League of Legends and introduced Deficio to it.
Deficio previously played mid lane for XL, Team FragZone and Team SharkGaming before moving on to form Copenhagen Wolves. He initially started out as the manager for said team, but after the departure of XL Winner right before the Season 3 qualifiers, he picked up the support role alongside AD Carry player TheTess. The roster eventually left to become Ninjas in Pyjamas.
On November 3, 2013, Deficio would post the anticipated new lineup for NiP and announce that he would step down from the player roster to take up a managerial/coaching position within the team.
On January 13, 2014, Deficio announced his retiring from his coaching position with NiP and moved into a full time casting career. He cast his first match at the EU LCS 2014 Spring Split on January 14.
In February 2018, Deficio moved from being a Riot employee to a position as a freelance shoutcaster who would continue to cast the EU LCS similarly to his role in the past, but now be able to explore additional projects in esports.
- "Deficio" means "I fail" in Latin. Martin liked the sound of it and decided to use it as his username even before League of Legends.
- Played a lot of Malzahar, Swain and Karthus during Season 1 to climb the ladder.
- A quote he is fond of is Tywin Lannister's "Any man who must say 'I am the king' is no true king" (from Game of Thrones)
- Was previously the manager for Copenhagen Wolves
- Gained immense popularity for his poke at Bjergsen during the Season 3 qualifiers.
- Achieved Rank 1 in the EUNE solo queue during Season 2, playing Jungle Fiddlesticks almost exclusively.
- Has a high interest in history besides other activities like music, reading or watching series
- His favorite book series is Emperor: The Gods of War: A Novel of Julius Caesar
- His favorite TV series is Spartacus
- His favorite dishes are grilled spare ribs and the typical Danish Christmas dinner, duck with potatoes and gravy
- Enjoys watching Family Guy and American Dad
- His favorite song is Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven.
- Was part of the Season 3 World Championship Analyst desk.
- Deficio is a Dallas Cowboys fan.
- Announced his retirement from coaching on January 13, 2014 to become a full time League of Legends caster.
- Helped kickstart Bjergsen's career in eSports
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
Notable Events Cast
- 2014 EU LCS
- 2014 Season World Championship
- 2015 EU LCS
- 2015 Season World Championship
- 2016 EU LCS
- 2016 Season World Championship
- March 26, Interview mit Martin ‘Deficio’ Lynge with , and on inLoL.de
- May 21, Former Copenhagen Wolves LoL team becomes NiP.LoL with , and on gaming.dk
- May 31, Interview with Deficio of Ninjas in Pyjamas LoL with , and on Team Dignitas
- July 3, Catching up with NiP Deficio - LCS Summer Week 3 with , and on Leaguepedia
- August 25, Deficio says his KDA Ratio Makes Him the Best Player in Europe (video) with , and on GameSpot
- September 30, Deficio 'Grilled': "MadLife has top mechanics." (in-depth interview, Episode 87) by , and on Team Acer
- November 28, Catching Up With Deficio at IEM Cologne with , and on Leaguepedia
- April 20, Deficio Madrid Spring Finals Interview: "Got a vocal coach and had lessons in English" with , and on 1337mag
- September 16, Travis Talks to Sjokz, Deficio, and Jatt About the Group Draw, Worlds, and Their Predictions with , and on onGamers
- October 9, Worlds 2015: Deficio om Origens prestation, den nuvarande patchen & om sitt castande with , and on Fragbite
- February 10, Deficio on the top teams in each region, lack of champ diversity in the current meta & the EU exodus with , and on The Score
- April 19, Deficio on Europe at MSI: 'We sent probably the best option... G2 will be extremely hungry' with , and on The Score
- September 13, Jatt, Deficio, and Spawn talk Worlds groups, which regions are the strongest, and share their boldest predictions with , and on Yahoo!
- September 17, Deficio: "G2 can surprise people" with , and on Red Bull
- December 15, Deficio on EU '17: ’It looks like we will have 5, 6, maybe even 7 really good and competitive teams’ with , and on Yahoo Esports
- April 27, Deficio on why choking doesn't excuse poor international play & recreating the EU broadcast identity with , and on Blitz Esports
- May 26, Deficio on G2’s performance, hopes for more LCS teams to step up, and predictions for EU at Worlds with , and on Yahoo Esports
- December 12, Kobe and Deficio trash talk EU vs NA, their (un)professional relationship, describe Kobe's big peak with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- April 12, Deficio: "I think losing PowerOfEvil and Febiven didn't really hurt the region. Losing Zven and mithy did hurt our overall level, especially how much teams can challenge Fnatic now." with Renato "Shakarez" Perdigão on Blitz Esports
- August 28, Riot Games’ English casting team not heading to Worlds until finals by Adel Chouadria on Cybersport
- January 10, Deficio will still be on the LEC analyst desk next year, but will he cast? by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- January 11, Deficio in-depth interview on building Origen and his dream scenario at LEC with Darius Matuschak on The Shotcaller
- July 2, Origen GM Deficio: "We want to represent Europe at Worlds 100%" with Amanda Stevens on Upcomer
- July 4, Kobe and Deficio on birthdays, beards and friendly rivalries with Travis Gafford on YouTube
The following pages redirect here.
- No results found
- Deficio's Facebook Post facebook.com
- Martin 'Deficio' Lynge leaves NiP's coaching position, aims to pursue commentating fulltime ongamers.com
- Deficio's Facebook Post facebook.com
- Interview with Deficio of Ninjas in Pyjamas LoL team-dignitas.net
- LoLeSports article na.lolesports.com
- Deficio's Twitter Post twitter.com