Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Name||Kang Jun-hyeok (강준혁)|
|Country of Birth||South Korea|
|Birthday||February 25, 1989 (age 30)|
|Social Media & Links|
Kang "Dodo" Jun-hyeok (Hangul: 강준혁) is a coach for Team Liquid. He was previously known as Dodo8.
Jun was born in Seoul, South Korea in 1989, and he lived in Korea until 2000, when he moved to Orange County in the United States. He has been playing video games since the third grade, beginning with StarCraft. He played Heroes of Newerth competitively from 2010 to 2011 with Evil Geniuses, then the top-ranked team in the world. He switched to League of Legends after growing bored of HoN and also wanting to play with his real-life friends. In 2013, Jun graduated from California State University of Long Beach with a major in education.
With Team 8, dodo8 played in and won multiple Challenger events during Season 4, including the Black Monster Cup once, the Lone Star Clash 3, and then the Black Monster Cup a second time. The team's success in Riot-sponsored events was less impressive, but they eventually managed to qualify for the Spring 2015 LCS.
Dodo8 and maplestreet substituted for Lyon Gaming at IEM San Jose, replacing Arce and NerzhuL, respectively. They were eliminated in the quarterfinals, losing 0-2 to Unicorns of Love and tied for fifth place with paiN Gaming.
In the spring split of the 2015 LCS, Team 8 initially slipped into ninth place after the fifth week. After a more successful end to the season, however, they climbed into a tie for the final playoff spot, but lost the tiebreaker to Team Liquid and settled into seventh with a 9-9 record. In the summer season, Team 8 once again finished the regular season tied for seventh; however, this time, they lost to Cloud9 and were sent to the 2016 Spring Promotion Tournament. They chose Team Imagine as their Challenger opponent and beat them 3-1 to stay in the LCS for the spring season.
- "Dodo" means "stoic" in Korean and Jun says it represents his personality.
- Initially mained ADC when he started playing League, playing Sivir, Graves, and Twitch.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- February 19, TL Coach Dodo: why fans shouldn't worry about TL internationally with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- May 14, TL coach opens up about the team's behind the scenes problems at MSI 2018 with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- December 9, IEM San Jose: Dodo8 "Reddit helped a lot" [to keep CaliforniaTrlolz] with SK Gaming
The following pages redirect here.
- Team 8's Facebook Post facebook.com
- Gaming, Tech, Media & Sports Executives Launch eSports Franchise “Immortals” twitlonger.com
- Dodo8 ends his playing career, moves on to player management dailydot.com
- Immortals's Tweet twitter.com