They say Effrem E. Doran was born with a hammer in his hands and a forge in his heart. Every object he touched, he found ways to improve, and he knew that he was destined to be a brilliant artificer. At the age of 15, he was invited to the League with an offer to assume the role of Master Artificer, a dream come true and an unprecedented honor for one so young. However, fate had other plans. En route, his carriage broke an axle. When he leaned down to inspect it, he was kicked in the head by his donkey, a stern blow. He stumbled back onto the wagon, but when he arrived at the Institute of War he was a different boy. The kick had rendered his mind soft, but it hadn’t robbed him of his passion. He still wanted nothing other than to craft, but where once he may have created singular masterpieces, he now crafted…somewhat simpler items, and many of them. He is a kind, goofy, good-hearted soul, and he takes pride in the work he does. His items are daily selected by champions on the Fields of Justice, and he has a permanent home at the Institute of War.
Doran's Blade, Doran's Idol, Doran's Shield, Doran's Ring, and Wukong's staff are some of the more famous crafts.
Melee regen increased, ranged regen decreased.
Buffing DShield's regen to make it a stronger option in melee vs ranged matchups.
PASSIVE : [Up to 30 health over 10 seconds when damaged by an enemy champion] ⇒ Up to 40 health over 8 seconds when damaged by an enemy champion, based on missing health. 66% effective for ranged users or when triggered by AoE, DoT, or proc effects
Passive regen now based on missing health.
Scaling regen means Doran's Shield will still be a powerful option against constant poke, but won't leave users impervious to all-ins.
UNIQUE PASSIVE : After taking damage from an enemy champ, regenerate [20 health over 10] ⇒ [up to 30 health over 10 seconds based on missing health (cap at 25% missing health)]
Doran's Shield should be your starting item when facing a bunch of harassment at early levels, but at its current tuning it’s the best items regardless of situations. We're pulling a potion off of it both to decrease its raw effectiveness and to make it have a harder time dealing with ganks and all-ins.
COST : [400 gold] ⇒ 450 gold
No longer reduces damage from basic attacks or single-target spells. Now regenerates health after taking damage from an enemy champion.
Doran’s items give champions a lot of laning strength at the expense of mid-to-late game slot efficiency. In that context, Doran’s Shield is the item that lets you weather a tough lane, so we’re updating its passives to keep you in lane and help you last hit while you save up for your big-ticket items.
COST : [450 gold] ⇒ 400 gold
HEALTH : 80 (unchanged)
HEALTH REGENERATION : +6 flat health regeneration per 5 seconds
FLAT DAMAGE REDUCTION No longer reduces damage from basic attacks or single target spells
SHIELD SLAM Basic attacks deal +5 damage on-hit
UNIQUE PASSIVE Regain 20 health over 10 seconds after taking damage from an enemy champion
Removed various starting, vision, and alternate-map-specific items.
Doran tunes his items carefully.
TOTAL cost : [440 gold] ⇒ 450 gold
- Sorry guys!
- SORRY DORAN : Fixed a bug where Doran's Shield wasn't blocking 8 single target spell damage
“We want Doran’s Shield to be a strong pick for countering ranged attack harassment, but its high defensive stats were making it a must-buy early item for some champions. We’re clarifying its strengths while toning down some of the power.”
- Cost reduced to 440 from 475
- Armor reduced to 0 from 5
- Health Regen increased to 10 from 8
- UNIQUE Passive now blocks 8 damage from champion basic attacks from 6
- Health regen per 5 seconds increased to 8 from 5
- Health reduced from 120 to 100
- Armor reduced from 10 to 5
- Health Regen reduced from 8 per 5 seconds to 5 per 5 seconds
- New Unique Passive - Blocks 6 damage from champion basic attacks.
- Fixed a bug where it said it provided 9 armor but actually provided 8
- Armor increased to 10 from 8
- Health regeneration per 5 seconds reduced to 8 from 10
- Cost increased to 475 from 435
- Armor increased to 9 from 8
- Health regeneration per 5 seconds increased to 10 from 8
- Health regen reduced from 10 per 5 to 8 per 5
- Doran's item and Gold per 10 items now sell back for 50% (down from 70%)
July 10, 2009 Patch
- Armor reduced to 9 from 10
May 15, 2009 Patch
- Reduced health from 150 to 130
- Reduced cost from 475 to 435
May 9, 2009 Patch