|Name||Kim Jin-hyun (김진현)|
|Country of Birth||South Korea|
|Birthday||June 7, 1993 (age 26)|
|Soloqueue IDs||토 피, CJ Entus 엠퍼러,|
피글렛솔찌잘하냐, EmperorNA (NA), Vivo Fibra kEmp3 (BR),
Crush on you (EUW)
|Social Media & Links|
Kim "Emperor" Jin-hyun (Hangul: 김진현) was previously a coach for Hanwha Life Esports.
Kim "Emperor" Jin-hyun joined CJ Entus Blaze as the new AD carry in October of 2013. Emperor's first major tournament with the team was the 2013 World Cyber Games. Blaze won the whole tournament after beating OMG 2-0 in the finals. His first OGN with the team was PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014 where Blaze made it out of groups but lost 3-1 in the quarterfinals to the KT Rolster Bullets. Blaze then played in HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014 and placed fourth after losing 3-2 to NaJin White Shield in the semifinals and 3-0 to Samsung Ozone. Their final tournament of the season was HOT6iX Champions Summer 2014 where Blaze failed to get out of groups.
On November 3, 2014, it was announced that Emperor was leaving the CJ organization and not re-signing for the 2015 season. In December, he joined Keyd Stars as their starting AD carry, replacing Rafes. They placed second in the CBLOL 2015 Summer Playoffs after losing 3-0 to INTZ e-Sports. Emperor left the team shortly after the tournament. Emperor joined Team Dragon Knights on May 18, 2015 after they qualified for the LCS; however, he and mid laner Ninja both missed the first four-and-a-half weeks of play due to visa issues, and the team used AD carry substitute LattmaN and mid lane substitutes Bischu and mancloud instead. When Emperor and Ninja finally were able to play, the team found their first victory of the split, defeating then first-place Team Dignitas. Despite that initial success, Team Dragon Knights were only able to secure two more victories over the next four weeks, and they finished in last place with a 3-15 record, one game behind Enemy. As a result, they were automatically relegated to the 2016 NA Challenger Series Spring Season.
G2 Esports quickly rose to prominence and recognition in the LCS, consistently tied for first place after each week, sometimes with H2k and sometimes also with Vitality, until the end of the split when they held first place with sole possession. With a quarterfinal bye, the playoffs also saw them strong, as they defeated both Fnatic and Origen 3-1 to win the season and secure an invitation to the Mid-Season Invitational.
Going into MSI, G2 Esports were seen as a favorite not to win, but to come in second place to the Korean representatives SK Telecom T1. However, the team lost their first four games of the round robin and ultimately finished in fifth place, ahead of only SuperMassive eSports, and out of playoff contention - importantly, this placement meant that Europe would forfeit their Pool 1 seed at Worlds. In a statement published partway through the second day of play, G2 stated that their players had taken vacation time after a "rigorous Spring Split." Emperor later stated that there had been an internal conflict within the team one day prior to the start of the event.
After MSI, Emperor left G2 Esports and joined Longzhu Gaming as their AD carry. Longzhu fared poorly in the 2016 LCK Summer Season, going 7-11 in sets and netting them eighth place, letting them escape relegations.
- Korean Challenger Rank 20 before joining Blaze.
- Joined CJ Entus Blaze with DayDream and BaeMe.
- Is regarded as the best Lucian player in Korea, if not the world.
- Female fans seem to love the sound of his deep voice.
- Was known as Topi in his Challenger days and once he joined CJ Entus Blaze he changed his name to Emperor.
- Korean fans seem to compare him to a type of dog and he acknowledges it and has accepted it as apart of his fan base.
- Locodoco considers Emperor as one the highest mechanical players in the World due to his ability to calculate how much damage he can put to enemy champions.
|Champions 2014 Spring||Jinx||Bot||W||9/1/8||Link||Link|
- Click here for a full list of pentakills by all players.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- December 14 - SEEING STARS: EMPEROR AND DAYDREAM’S FUTURE IMPACT ON THE BRAZILIAN SCENE from Paravine
- February 24, G2's Emperor on playing in Europe, his teammates and the strength of other EU AD carries with on theScore
- April 20, Emperor on plans after the spring split: 'I miss Korea, I have a dog and family and friends' with on theScore
- May 18, An Emperor and his Dragon Knights: A Road of Redemption by on theScore
- November 15, Jin-Hyun “Emperor” Kim LoLPlayer Interview with on FOMOS
The following pages redirect here.
- No results found
- ]CJ Entus's Facebook Post (Korean/English) facebook.com
- We proudly announce our roster for the 2015 season (Portuguese). keyd.com
- Team Dragon Knights is now Team Arena Online, retains Seraph, Kez, and Ninja dailydot.com
- G2 agrees terms with Emperor & Trick g2esports.com
- The Mid-Season Invitational Power Rankings espn.go.com
- MSI 2016 Power Rankings lolesports.com
- Club statement about MSI 2016 g2esports.com
- G2 Emperor Post on Facebook !! reddit.com